The Accurate Reloading Forums
Do pigs & cows get along?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1621043/m/386106541

27 July 2004, 05:28
j_dude
Do pigs & cows get along?
Have a question, are pigs and cattle able to be in the same area without going after each other.
27 July 2004, 07:46
N E 450 No2
I have seen cows and wild pigs eating together many times.
Once while sneaking through the brush near the river I spotted some pigs. I began a stalk on them. As I got fairly close I saw two HUGE pigs. I could just see a climpse of them, a spot here and a spot there, but they were HUGE. There were several pigs in this sounder. I was finally able to get a look at these HUGE pigs.... they were big calves.
One other time I shot two pigs while they were feeding with several cows. I was above them and shooting down so there was no danger of a pass through. The cows did not even run off at the sound of the shot, in fact several of them walked up and stared at the dead pigs.
As I went down to recover the pigs I was hoping they were not close friends with the cows.
27 July 2004, 08:07
hm1996
These did. They often mingle amongst the cattle and, in fact, just love to get in the bull feeders.

Regards,
hm
27 July 2004, 16:55
j_dude
Thanks for the info. My father has a fenced 30 acre pasture with a few cattle and 2 medium sized ponds on it. It is way in the back of his property and no one really goes back there except him to feed them. I guess it would be a good area to check for some activity then.