Find
Notify
Tools

Any Florida guys?
 Login/Join

<Madddman>
posted
Anyone in the Tampa,Florida area?

I just moved from NY in August.I'd like to get together or just get pointed toward some areas.

I'm a traditional bowhunter for the most partWink

Mad

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I'm moving out to Lakeland towards the end of January -- that's 40 miles south of Tampa. I usually hog hunt just about an hour south of Lakeland. Good hog hunting!

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I'm moving out to Lakeland towards the end of January -- that's 40 miles south of Tampa. I usually hog hunt just about an hour south of Lakeland. Good hog hunting! I normally pistol hunt, but will be trying out the heavy artillery when I get there. E-mail me when you get the chance.

Whitworth

<Madddman>
posted
Good deal.

Check your mail.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hogs are found everywhere in FL, access is the issue. Look to your north, Hernando and Citrus Counties. Several WMA's of note there.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whitworth,

Where do you hunt hogs south of Lakeland?

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Tradewinds,

Haven't even moved there yet and I'm already developing a hog hunting network! I've hunted in Palmdale (I guess that would be south-east)at Fish-Eating creek and a friend has a chunk of land near there. Shot a real nice 200 pounder there last April. Where do you hunt? How do you hunt them (pistol, rifle, bow....)? I think we need to organize a trip....

Whitworth

<Madddman>
posted
Count me in!!!

I'm a trad bowhunter but as I was telling Whit via e-mail,I'm not above popping one with a .223 in the ear.