New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&B came thru
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
hey - i got my old mayflower back from S&B yesterday just like they said, totally rebuilt - no charge - plus they even threw in a freebie lens pen. so if there is anybody from s&b reading ar, my apologies for making your ancestry most colorful

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad they fixed it but they should not have needed motivation for the prices they charge. I was asctually looking into one but have decided on a Z6i and your post helped make up my mind.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
They fixed a discontinued telescope, with a loose objective lens, that they once used to make, free of charge?

That is way above and beyond the call of duty.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13469 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this the same scope S&B required 450.00 USD to repair??

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Posted 15 October 2009 16:32 Hide Post
Is this the same scope S&B required 450.00 USD to repair??

yes

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
it is ashame that they wanted 450 € for it...

I would not go with such a company anymore...

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Now I'm confused.

Was it fixed for nothing or for $450?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13469 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1st they wanted 450 & i told them to send it back, then they wanted 150 & i told them to send it back. finally when it came back it was a freebie

one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad they did the right thing! Makes me worry about the one S%B scope I have (and love). They are initially pricey ... and if repairs are that expensive ... they continue to be!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad they did the right thing. I have always held S&B in high regards, but that is some starne business behavior....smacks of used car sales Confused

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PATRIOT76
posted Hide Post
i believe S&B makes great stuff but for that money, I go SWARO because I KNOW service will be quick and probably free

Posts: 442 | Location: usa | Registered: 24 April 2005Reply With Quote