New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buy Leupold - Swarovski Warranty Sucks!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been using Leupold scopes for a few centurys now, I don't know but I would bet dollars to donuts I have owned several hundred of them, bought them, traded for them, found deals at pawn shops, sold them, whatever, I have sent some back and they handled the situation and I have not one complaint.

The best one was one my horse rolled off the side of a mountain, and snapped the rifle stock and broke the scope tube in half where it joins the adjustments..On a whim I sent it back to Leupold asking if the could replace the tube and told them what happened and I would pay for the repair!! not expecting even a reply..Got a new scope in the mail in less than a week, and no charge...That is customer service. I wouldn't even consider another brand of scope.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41894 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,
I have and still have several Leupolds. I did have a 45X that had some mods to the tube. It cost me $500 to get it repaired. I didn't cry too much as they didn't do the mods to it and I wanted it back as in original shape. I have a 36X in there now. I'm doing a project with a gun writer. It was changing point of impact. A typical Leupold problem.
They are good doing their thing and getting it back to you.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch,
I have no experience with the higher power scopes. The largest Leupold I have ever owned was a 16 and it was too much,even for varmints for me anyway..I'll only testify up to 3x9s! Eeker

The scopes you mention probably change the picture dramatically.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41894 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray,
These are BR competition scopes. The majority of my scopes are 2.5X8 Leupold, 3X9 Zeiss, 3X9 Swarovski 3X9. I do have others such as Leicia,March, and other odds and ends. Almost all my go to hunting scopes are 2.5X8 and 3X9 scopes.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Ray,
These are BR competition scopes. The majority of my scopes are 2.5X8 Leupold, 3X9 Zeiss, 3X9 Swarovski 3X9. I do have others such as Leicia,March, and other odds and ends. Almost all my go to hunting scopes are 2.5X8 and 3X9 scopes.

You BR guys ever use Cecil Tucker's Leupold conversion? He told me he's done "thousands' of them, fixed X only.

I hear of all of these Leupold issues, and am not calling anyone a liar by any stretch. However, I've guided probably 120 hunters over the past 12 years, the vast majority of these guys can afford anything and choose leupold for their hunting rifles' scopes. Nobody yet has told me of a failure, and I ask each and every one of them.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the olden days Cecil did several for me. You would never know on a hunting scope was changing point of impact as the POI was about say .030 -.200. If you are shooting groups that need to measure less than .2 you can see where a shift would take a nice group and drop you from first to possibly out of the top 20. As big a target that an animal is, that is nothing.
March scopes came into being only because of Leupold's problems. Cecil Tucker made a lot of money modifying Leupold scopes.