New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold scopes on eBay?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Over the past couple of years I have heard about counterfeit Leupold scopes being offered for sale on eBay. I'm looking for a 2-7x and $219 is a great price but I am concerned that I might be buying a counterfeit. Any advice on how to avoid a problem or minimie the risk?

Thanks,

JDG

Posts: 870 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don`t buy from fleabay.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I have a Leupold VX II 2x7 in like new condition with no ring marks (I use Burris signature rings) with matte finish. It's yours for $225 plus actual cost of shipping.

Drop me a PM if you're interested. BTW - it's a genuine Leupold.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2305 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the counterfeits are the higher end models such as VX3 in 4.5-14x and the Mark 4's etc.

Shop around new VX1 and VX2 scopes in 2-7 are pretty cheap to start with and then you can find them even cheaper here and there on sale

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1597 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
My VX II referenced above is in the classifieds if anyone is interested. A like new scope.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2305 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The "counterfeit" Leupolds on eBay are obvious and easily avoided if you have any idea what a Leupold is supposed to look like. Just as real currency counterfeiters don't bother with $1's a $5's, the scope "counterfeiters" don't bother with the lower-magnification, lower-priced Leupolds. Besides, its always the youngster looking for a scope the size of an aluminum baseball bat with magnification similar to an astronomical telescope who falls for a $700 "Leupold" priced at $159.

Posts: 13235 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote