The Accurate Reloading Forums
Leupold scopes on eBay?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1421043/m/2991023112

30 May 2015, 00:53
Doublegun
Leupold scopes on eBay?
Over the past couple of years I have heard about counterfeit Leupold scopes being offered for sale on eBay. I'm looking for a 2-7x and $219 is a great price but I am concerned that I might be buying a counterfeit. Any advice on how to avoid a problem or minimie the risk?

Thanks,

JDG
30 May 2015, 01:54
OLBIKER
Don`t buy from fleabay.
30 May 2015, 23:42
Labman
I have a Leupold VX II 2x7 in like new condition with no ring marks (I use Burris signature rings) with matte finish. It's yours for $225 plus actual cost of shipping.

Drop me a PM if you're interested. BTW - it's a genuine Leupold.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member
31 May 2015, 17:23
airgun1
I think the counterfeits are the higher end models such as VX3 in 4.5-14x and the Mark 4's etc.

Shop around new VX1 and VX2 scopes in 2-7 are pretty cheap to start with and then you can find them even cheaper here and there on sale

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor
02 June 2015, 15:42
Labman
My VX II referenced above is in the classifieds if anyone is interested. A like new scope.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member
03 June 2015, 01:14
Stonecreek
The "counterfeit" Leupolds on eBay are obvious and easily avoided if you have any idea what a Leupold is supposed to look like. Just as real currency counterfeiters don't bother with $1's a $5's, the scope "counterfeiters" don't bother with the lower-magnification, lower-priced Leupolds. Besides, its always the youngster looking for a scope the size of an aluminum baseball bat with magnification similar to an astronomical telescope who falls for a $700 "Leupold" priced at $159.