Find
Notify
Tools

DSC -SCI shows same dates 2020?!?!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
I had heard a rumor at DSC that the two big shows were conflicting in 2020. I just searched on line and saw that both are scheduled for Jan 9-11, 2020. I just can’t quite understand this. I would think both organizations will be negatively affected ...thoughts?

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
My understanding is" the "show" dates don't conflict, it's the break down and set up dates that only give 2 days for travel between Dallas and Reno.

Posts: 768 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I think that 2 days between thing is 2019, and 2020 are the exact same show dates on Thur-Sat (9-11). I saw this published this morning anyway...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been told by someone who knows what is going to happen. I would hate to repeat it as I am not 100% sure I remember it all correctly.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
EDIT - They don't overlap, just very close together now. Happy to see they worked together.

Tim - You're correct. 2019 shows are back to back, 2020 overlap as of right now. I assume given that these venues book years in advance that it won't change. I believe Dallas is still the Thur-Sun and SCI is still Wed - Sat, but on the exact same week. While both will undoubtedly suffer, SCI moving to Reno next year and 2020 will likely mean SCI sees a sharp drop in attendees who have to choose between the two. Logistically it's a nightmare to get to unless you live on the west coast.

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nevada Wapati
posted Hide Post
From what I've seen they will run back to back in 2020. DSC Jan. 9-12 and SCI Jan. 15-18.

Posts: 399 | Location: Carson City | Registered: 17 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
NW- I hope you are right.

I searched on line and found a site that had dates for SCI through 2021 and DSC through 2020, and it had them on top of each other. I hope that is not the case...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Here's the future show dates for DSC out to 2025:

FUTURE SHOW DATES - DSC

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The shows do not overlap either year; however, there will be a very short time between the shows and the organizations are working together to come up with a satisfactory resolution for our exhibitors. I'm confident we can make it work.
At one point the shows were scheduled on top of one another, but Gray Thornton with Wild Sheep Foundation kindly moved their show dates to prevent an overlap.
Several exhibitors have contacted me about the lack of accurate information regarding show dates and I've seen several websites with the wrong dates listed, to clear the issue up a bit an email is scheduled to go out this week with correct dates.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2894 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Thanks Karl. That is great news!!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
tim@trophyadventures.com

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
No wonder the antis are kicking the shit out of us. The 2 largest international hunting organizations can’t coordinate their shows. Sad......

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13386 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
These two links seem to settle the issue. 2019 and 2020, the shows go back to back, but swap who leads.

2020 with DSC leading SCI, it will be a hustle to get booth materials that are in Dallas and needed for SCI to Reno for a timely move-in.

https://www.showsci.org/about/dates/

https://www.biggame.org/wp-con...17/12/show-dates.png

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote