THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Robert C. Ruark's 1954 movie "Africa Adventure"

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robert C. Ruark's 1954 movie "Africa Adventure"
 Login/Join

posted
Gentlemen,

I have been searching for a way to obtain a copy of the 1954 movie by Robert C. Ruark entitled "Africa Adventure"

The film follows Harry Selby and John Sutton as they hunt cape buffalo, leopard, rhino and a bull elephant.

Africa Adventure was distributed in the U.S. by RKO Pathe, the newsreel division of RKO Radio Pictures. ---- 16 mm , 64 mins. filmed in 1954.

In 2002 a DVD was produced from the original 16 mm film and donated to "The Robert Ruark Foundation" (Chapel Hill, NC) I have tried in vain to find a way to obtain a copy of this DVD.

Here is a short MOVIE trailer for the film !!!! GREAT FOOTAGE !!!!

http://www.tcm.com/video/videoPlayer/?cid=14243

ANY HELP IN THIS AREA WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED !!!

Best Regards,
Gil Jackson

TWO BARRELLS AND A PUFF OF SMOKE ---

Posts: 3 | Location: TENNESSEE | Registered: 15 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was on TCM one night at 1AM. I taped it and have since lost the tape. Cool old movie.

Posts: 1093 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a copy and will try to get a DVD made-want a copy? Send me a PM!

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bob,

PM on its way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many Thanks ... Gil

TWO BARRELLS AND A PUFF OF SMOKE ---

Posts: 3 | Location: TENNESSEE | Registered: 15 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't want to start a rush but what would it take to get a copy. I think i see "a make one and send one thing" happening again amongst the AR crew.

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a huge thread just like this in January. Someone finally posted this link:

http://www.videoscreams.com/Classic%20Horror%20sci%20fi...nd%20more%202007.htm

I think the CD number is Q347. I bought a copy and received it in a couple of weeks.Not HD quality, but certainly a serviceable copy for a few bucks. If you want to see the previous thread, do a search on "Ruark Africa Adventure".

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If we get a make one send one started or whatever IM IN

one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by samwise:
I have a copy and will try to get a DVD made-want a copy? Send me a PM!

PM sent

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
i would love to see it. the best thing to do is to put it on an online server so it is a click away. if someone gets me a copy i will put it online and post the link.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27608 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote