THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Bossie Mostert of Limpopo Big Game Safaris
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bossie Mostert of Limpopo Big Game Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted
Bossie Mostert of Limpopo Big Game Safaris was hit by a buffalo earlier today and is currently in hospital in stable condition.

According to reports, Bossie was tracking down a Cape buffalo that a client wounded when the bull got the drop on him and attacked him at close range from thick cover.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear.

Can you keep us updated.

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. I had a great hunt with Bossie in 2017 for sable and other plains game. Bossie, if you see this, best wishes for a quick and complete recovery. Dale

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope you have a quick recovery!

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
The latest update I have (from EG on Facebook):

"Ok, so got some more details.
They have been tracking this buff a few days and had bumped him several times. Long short, Bossie was gored through leg leg around the knee, in the abdomen, and has several broken ribs. Biggest concern at the moment is infection. Seems like he will recover well but he may have a hitch in his giddyup for a bit."

Added (from JG also on Facebook):
Word is that Bossie is out of surgery with no damage to his vital organs, but he will need more surgery on his leg.

I will update in a couple of days as this is a fluid situation and info is still trickling in. The good news is he seems to be out of serious danger at this time.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Wishing him a complete recovery.

DRSS

Posts: 2279 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
Gents

A couple of guys close to Bossie are taking up donations to help him through his recovery.

If you are interested in helping out, please check out the Bossie donation thread over at AH.com.

regards,

Tim

0351 USMC

Posts: 1535 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wishing him a complete recovery

+1

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a real good candidate for the DSC Foundation to help out.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My information is second hand, but I will try to update what I have heard.

Bossie had abdominal/thoracic surgery yesterday. Three ribs were broken and the diaphragm was torn. It seems there was no other internal damage. He has gone back into surgery this morning to repair and clean out his leg wound.

At this point the main concern is infection.

Bossie has had a very difficult 3-4 years. The following has happened to him during that time frame:
-A tornado and rainstorm destroyed his house and contents.
-His wife died.
-He is raising a pre-teen boy.
-Now he has been gored by a buffalo. I don't know the status of his medical bills, son's school fees, or when he will be able to be back at work. It has to be difficult to be down at the start of the busy season.

A fundraiser has been started on AH. If anyone would like to help Bossie financially, feel free to click here to see attachment. Saeed as usual, has given his blessings to this attachment.

https://www.africahunting.com/...t.49012/#post-530456

Thoughts and prayers for Bossie and his son DJ.

For those interested, the bull was wounded by the client on Tuesday evening.(arrow) The bull was tracked unsuccessfully Wednesday and Thursday. Friday morning the bull got to Bossie and he was tossed a couple of times. The bull was dispatched by another ph later in the day.

Posts: 815 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:

Agree, but in order for a PH to be a candidate they must not only be injured in the line of duty they must also be a member of their countries professional organization (PHASA in this case) in good standing.

I'm trying to verify now but I'm all but positive that Bossie is not a member.

For all you PHs out there who aren't a member of your organization this is a reason to join, especially if you are light on medical insurance.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow, he's had a lot to deal with. May Bossie have a swift recovery.

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a speedy recovery

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: 01 January 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Hope he recovers. I will follow with interest and maybe I can hunt with him someday

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2855 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
Saeed

Thanks for allowing the link.

You are a prince (no pun intended).

Tim

0351 USMC

Posts: 1535 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tarbe:
Saeed

Tim

We never objected to anyone posting a link to any site, except those that require you to register to read what is posted - like Murdoch’s Wall Street Journal!

Anything that is of benefit tour community should be posted.

The more hunting and shooting sites we have the better it is for all of us.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:
Wow! Hope he recovers. I will follow with interest and maybe I can hunt with him someday

I will say this to you then. You'll have one hell of a good time and get your money's worth!

Bossie specializes in night critters and he's damn good at them. I got about hours of sleep per day and we were hunting the rest of the time. Three hours at night and and hour sleep during afternoon wasn't unusual. Want to hunt hard? Bossie is your man!

I will hunt with him again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by tarbe:
Saeed

Tim

We never objected to anyone posting a link to any site, except those that require you to register to read what is posted - like Murdoch’s Wall Street Journal!

Anything that is of benefit tour community should be posted.

The more hunting and shooting sites we have the better it is for all of us.

Couldn't agree more Saeed. Thanks again!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I went off of the DSC Frontline board last month but I forwarded the info to the new Frontline Pres. Hopefully, he is working on this.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2901 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone... I am in regular contact with Bossie he is a friend of mine & my PH. I will post the updates I am posting elsewhere. as aforementioned, we are taking donations for his family & recovery.....

UPDATE #1:

Bossie is out of surgery. Docs say it went well.... vitals stayed strong throughout the procedure. They got him all cleaned up & patched up. He is in Recovery now. I know all prayers & donations are very much appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE #2:
He will have another surgery today on his leg... they were not able to get it all cleaned up yesterday. He’s doing good... trouble speaking.... with broken ribs & torn diaphragm. Will remain in ICU.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
he was tracking a wounded buffalo that had been arrowed on Tuesday. They bumped it a few times on Wednesday & Thursday.... Friday morning, Bossie & Bethel (tracker) went separate way. Bossie was ambushed. Tossed 3-4 times in air. Gored 2x. He grabbed its horns & was tossed into a thick Bush. Buffalo ran off.

Hey have been on that concession.... man.... 30+ minutes from black top road. Hour to “local” hospital. Probably 3 hours from “good” hospital.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:
I just hung up with Ronel.... Bossie is doing “well”. In ICU, and may be for a long time. Dr. is coming in from Joburg today to clean up the leg wound. It was pretty bad.... muscles, tendons, etc. that wound is still open for now. He has a long road ahead. In a lot of pain & is medicated. However, they all recognize the miracles. They are very appreciative for all of the prayers & efforts we are doing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

Hi guys..... Bossie had surgery today on his leg that was badly damaged by the goring of the buffalo. They were going to make proper repairs, clean it up, take/make skin graphs, etc.. I have been told that his vital are strong, BP was solid & he was doing well. When he comes off the pain med, his BP does rise, which they say is normal. Once there is word from the doctor post surgery, I will report back. However, to date.... everything has been great reports. I got to talk to him briefly yesterday. He was in good spirits, could hardly talk because of the diaphragm & ribs..... hard to understand him because of the meds. But in good spirits. Very thankful for what everyone is doing for he & family.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am having email correspondence with DSC Frontline at this time. Hopefully, it will work out. Thank you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K Evans:
quote:

I went off of the DSC Frontline board last month but I forwarded the info to the new Frontline Pres. Hopefully, he is working on this.

Appreciate your input Karl. tu2

Thanks for the updates Skinz.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

The details & messages are being shared with him.... he cried with gratitude. His son DJ is doing well & in good spirits through it all. We has a positive attitude & docs have reassured them that he is strong. Right now... just the fluids on his lungs & stomach are of concern. Report back more later.... it's getting close to their bedtime.

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
I'm at a complete loss for words. I hunted buffalo with Bossie last year. My photo is with a cape buffalo on his website.

I killed a buffalo as it came out of the brush & then swung on the 2nd bull. I hit it. We went to the 1st bull to make sure it was down & then went on to the 2nd. It got dark on us after a short trip into the brush. We could hear the bull moving very slowly. We decided it was best to follow up in the AM--when we had good light.

At 5:30, Bossie comes and knocks on my door. He's shaking & he's crying. That's the night that the angels came for Henriette. The man just lost his wife and he has to track a wounded buffalo. He summoned up the strength & we tracked it. Bossie & Bitwell followed that bull with me tagging behind. I have that the bullet from Bossie's 416 that was the final shot in the bull's head.

Then he had to plan a funeral while still trying to have a good safari for my wife & I.

Bossie is a man's man.

I'm praying for you. Bbo

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
Wow. Such strength.......

Sounds like a great man.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 364 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
+1 tu2

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the updates, Skinz

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

Bossie is doing well & resting well post-op. He has been seen by the doctors. They are pleased with progress. They are having him sit up this will be more comfortable, as well as much more productive for the fluid & drainage on lungs & abdomen. He will remain in ICU until at least Friday, then onto a new ward over the weekend if all goes well. Thank you all for your prayers & support. The family is awestruck by your generosity.

Take care!

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Terrific news!

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

Just got word on the latest..... He looks great & doctor is very pleased with the progress, condition & vitals. He has a very strong spirit & will.
dancing

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skinz:
UPDATE:

Just got word on the latest..... He looks great & doctor is very pleased with the progress, condition & vitals. He has a very strong spirit & will.
dancing

Brilliant news

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

Progress.... Doctors are pleased with the progress they are seeing. Today they are administering injections to get the bowels working/moving again. Once they see the results they desire, they hope to start on soft foods.

Thank you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

Also, many have asked about the potential medical expenses & cost. I have learned/been told this.... The ICU fees are 15,000 ZAR (rand)/day. FYI.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

I got to Facetime/VideoChat with Bossie today about 11:30am CST. He looked good. Signs that he'd been beat up a bit. Sounded about like you would expect someone with a torn diaphragm & broken ribs would sound. He was in good spirits. He's had visitors & got to spend the morning visiting with his father. Once all the drain pipes come out he can leave ICU.... Hopefully, on Friday. He's very grateful for what we are doing. He knows he's staring down some monstrous medical bills, he's at about the equivalent of $30k USD right now & the meters running. Nevertheless, very thankful for our efforts, thoughts & prayers.

Thank you & take care!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skinz:
UPDATE:

I got to Facetime/VideoChat with Bossie today about 11:30am CST. He looked good. Signs that he'd been beat up a bit. Sounded about like you would expect someone with a torn diaphragm & broken ribs would sound. He was in good spirits. He's had visitors & got to spend the morning visiting with his father. Once all the drain pipes come out he can leave ICU.... Hopefully, on Friday. He's very grateful for what we are doing. He knows he's staring down some monstrous medical bills, he's at about the equivalent of $30k USD right now & the meters running. Nevertheless, very thankful for our efforts, thoughts & prayers.

Thank you & take care!

Thanks for keeping us updated! It is appreciated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE:

I don't think I can attach audio to this thing, or I would.... So I'll have to type. This is a message Bossie recorded & sent:

"Hello Everyone, I don't know most of you. Probably most of you have never met me before, but we got to know each other through this accident that happened to me. I want to thank each & every one of you for all of your prayers & well wishes, and just being there for me & my family, for uplifting us, and keeping our faith in the right direction. Thank you for all the messages. I don't know where to start or where to end. I can't name anybody, so to each & everyone out there, and it's a whole lot more people that I even think there is. I want to thank you all, thank you for all of your love & all your caring. Bless you all. Bye-bye."