Find
Notify
Tools

Friendship on AR
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted
Two and a half year ago I got the first e-mail from forum member N´gagi and we started to communicate over mail and the phone and finaly about a year and a half ago I visited him in his home in California, since then I been there twice and always had a great time. This last time I took my family over there and they also enjoyed it very much since N´gagi has kids in the same age as I do.

Most of all we just relaxed but we also took time to meet some more forum members as rancherjack and Shumba.

Another thing we did was to drive in N´gagis CJ8 as you can see on this video clip JEEP!

Licence plate Bwana Be!

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Nice Jeep. We always look forward to your film clips Christer. Keep em coming.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I´ve made a few friends through AR, Husky and Lawndart stay in regular touch. Never thought the Internet would give so many contacts.

http://www.tgsafari.co.za

"What doesn´t kill you makes you stranger!"

Posts: 2213 | Location: Finland | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Hey Christer,
Glad to hear you had a good trip.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I am privilege to have made several good friends from this forum. Good men, all!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I've made many fine friends via AR. The "band of bubbas", originally a loose-knit group of Houston-area big bore, custom rifle & reloading enthusiasts, most of whom became acquainted on AR, officially became a nation-wide & international federation as of last weekend. Great fellowship.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Friends of mine now on AR come all points of the compass..I have friends in Alaska, Florida, Texas, California, Montana, Wyoming, New Jersey, and many in my home state of Pa...Including Denmark, and some other countries as well..

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
I hope to be moving to the Houston area soon and plan to look up the Band of Bubbas once I get down there. It's always nice to be in the company of a group of fellow firearms enthusiasts.

And, I have even gotten my father to become a member here at AR. How cool is that?

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Who needs TV or movies when you have AR?
Here we have friends with common interests that we can laugh, cry and fight about.

lawndart

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
We had 13 AR members from several states and Canada at the Bubba Hunt this weekend. It do not get any better.Hope to stay in touch with everyone.
Gene.

Tex21, Give us a Hollar when you get here or sooner.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good bunch no doubt!!

JW

one of us
posted Hide Post
They are a good bunch, but don't tempt them by showing up with your pet hog in the back of the pickup truck.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have met many really good guys on AR. The bubba hunt we had this weekend was a blast. We had guys from Canada, AZ and CA. They probably wished they had hired somebody to translate our southern english......... Smiler

Rumor has it..........Mike Dettore was caught trying to talk like me so when he gets back to Northern CA...........he can improve his chances with the pretty girls. Smiler

I left early, but I think I won the money for biggest pig.........but my guess they will lie and bought beer with the money.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Billy's winning trophy. Check out the sunglasses!

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Cc

This weekend I have the visit of SteveC from England I met on AR.
I hope StuC (and perhaps MHO) will come and hunt with me should my future driven hunts be certain.. Confused

AR forum is great.

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
I am glad to see that a lot of friends are made on AR. Hopefully a lot of members will be able to join us here in Sweden next year as we are planning for a huge gettogether for hunters, shooters and big bore lovers.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm also amazed by the good friends and acquaintances made via AR.

JB, your hospitality last year was unbelievable and very appreciated.

Christer, as soon as you get some dates let us know. It's not a big flight from Zurich, so you never know who may show up!

- stu

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Christer, as soon as you get some dates let us know. It's not a big flight from Zurich, so you never know who may show up!

- stu

CC : this means I may show up with Stu.
Other French members like Edmond and Winks may be interested too.

I am happy You cope with N'gagi. I don't know this guy but his look and great mug are sufficient for me to have a good feeling for this guy.

Are Marterius and Erik invited?

J B de Runz

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
First things first

N´gagi is 110% and more Cool

You are all invited and I hope I will be able to present dates soon.

Erik is off course invited and I hope to see him here. About Marterius I am not sure yet since he spelled my name out last year (sissyhunter), but since we share hunting ground I might have a problem to keep him away and I was also counting on him as a staff member Cool

One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lawndart:
They are a good bunch, but don't tempt them by showing up with your pet hog in the back of the pickup truck.

LD

Pet Hog???????? Big Grin

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
Christer is a great guy. We also went out and chased some Chukar, visited RancherJacks game room, and shot Shumba's .50 BMG.

Good fun, with great hunters, but be warned. If Christer comes to visit, keep the plunger handy.

hahaha

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4711043/m/610102763

See Here, all AR Members at the Bubba Hunt

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Christer comes to visit, keep the plunger handy.

hahaha

Confused

What did I do?????

Are you talking about the sub I bought and you could not keep??

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
AR has been a great place to share interest in hunting, gun, and adventures. I have to thank fla3006(who I have known for 20+ years) for telling me about the site. I have met more than a few ARers face to face, and so far have enjoyed every event.

The "Band of Bubbas" forming is directly related to AR and those FxF meetings. We all have interest in big bore DGRs, and shoot together and have a "large time".

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
About Marterius I am not sure yet since he spelled my name out last year (sissyhunter), but since we share hunting ground I might have a problem to keep him away and I was also counting on him as a staff member

But since this is a thread about friendship, I will not tell you what prompted me to make such an interpretation! Big Grin Eeker Big Grin

Sure, you can count on me. It will work out like last time; I will call cchunter from time to time during the spring, suggesting various things that will go to hell, and ask if he has done something about it. Then i will enjoy myself at the shooting and spend the evening tasting cchunter's malt. roflmao

Actually, I might have some very important stuff coming up at the time (depending on the date), but if possible, I will be there. beer

Christer is indeed a good friend found on AR, and I have made some other very good hunting friends on Swedish hunting sites. HerrBerg, sometimes on AR, is one of them. There are many people here on AR that i hope to meet in real life.

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I've made some darn good friends here... men i'll risk my life with... on some hyjinxs, hunt, prank, or poking a stick at some tannerite!! (boomstick, that is)

I'll suggest this to you gentlemen... get in the truck (car, metro, bus, bike, horse) and drive 1/2 way to meet at least 3 new ar folks a year...

you'll be better for the experience

jeffe

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 39671 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Retreever ...the only reason that you have so many friends on AR is due to your wife's great cooking and baking abilities....granted you are a nice guy but.... Big Grin

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
I'll suggest this to you gentlemen... get in the truck (car, metro, bus, bike, horse) and drive 1/2 way to meet at least 3 new ar folks a year...

you'll be better for the experience

jeffe

It will be even better if you burn some powder and sling some lead together with those who post where you hang out here on AR. Find some ARers in your area and set up a plinking session or a hunt. You could find some great friends in doing so.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I have made some very good friends here at AR and also elsewhere. Some of whom I have met and others whom I hope to meet, and hunt with either in their homes, here in Australia or elsewhere.

Christer,

Any idea of which month you are planning for?

Not likely to get there, but you never know. I have a boar and roe deer hunt promised to me in Germany and should "cash" it in oneday.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will say I have met many fine people through this site. I have had the pleasure of hunting throughout the world with a few of them. Many of the people here indirectly have lead to other contacts wich have also resulted in great friendships. This place has been a great resource both in the people and the info. Many of you I have still only met online, but I feel no less strongly about the friendships that have been formed there either. Eventually we will all get to hunt together, God willing.
Thanks to all,
Mike

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I have made a lot of great friends on AR. I have been fortunate to hunt, deer, elk, and doves with mebers of AR. I was especially lad to have ForrestB and CustomStox hunting with me this year since they had to carry me of of the mountain in the middle of the night after I broke my leg. 323 is another great friend that I met here. And the list keeps getting longer.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NitroX:
I have made some very good friends here at AR and also elsewhere. Some of whom I have met and others whom I hope to meet, and hunt with either in their homes, here in Australia or elsewhere.

Christer,

Any idea of which month you are planning for?

Not likely to get there, but you never know. I have a boar and roe deer hunt promised to me in Germany and should "cash" it in oneday.

John,

Don't forget I'll visit You this summer. I hope You'll not be in Europe when I'll arrive.

J B de Runz