New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ideas for a baboon lifesize??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone got any ideas for a lifesize baboon mount? A friend had one mounted with his fingers (the baboon) pointed at each other for a roll of toilet paper....in the bathroom of course. Looking for some novelty ideas????

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine has one mounted as a servant holding a tray that he puts near the front door when he's hosting guests. The tray has drinks on it.

It's cute the first time and makes for an interesting conversation starter.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Have two mounts from one baboon.

Pose the baboon blowing a kiss.
Should get interesting when the drinks are flowing.

The other the baboon ass with the phrase "Kiss my"

Have them on opposing sides of an entry.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27606 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw four baboons dressed in spiv suits sitting playing poker. It was hilarious!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
They are one of my favorite mounts. Here are some pics that I took at a convention. There is one pose that you can do for your baboon in a "butler" pose....two ways to do that one....dress him in a tux....or just a loin cloth....or make him go commando Big Grin

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
why not just do one in a natural pose? why make him into a joke? the teeth on a male baboon would put a leopard to shame- make it natural.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13391 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My brother's baboon and monkey -

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Not mine but interesting nevertheless...

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vandyboy
posted Hide Post
I had one of mine mounted lifesize open mouth and a branch. If I ever get smart enough I will post some pictures. In the mean time go The Wildlife Gallery's website. My Baboon is photo 112 in Africa-Plains game and other species.

www.thewildlifegallery.com

Posts: 111 | Location: Jackson, MI USA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine had his baboon mounted with a Castle Lager in one hand and the other with a cigarette.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
Here's mine.

And at Halloween to hand out treats.

Mike

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
in a suit standing behind a podium with tela propter in front of him.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
Baboons lend themselves to novelty mounts, they don't necessarily have to be silly, but by holding trays or bowls they can become functional pieces of furniture instead of just decorations.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
Last I knew, you couldn't import any primate trophies into the USA. Has that changed?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I just received two baboon mounts in January that I had Life Form Taxidermy do for me. One is a full mount and the other a shoulder mount.

One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Last I knew, you couldn't import any primate trophies into the USA. Has that changed?

You are supposed to get a permit from the CDC for baboons but yes you can import them into the US.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
Your Baboon is great.

quote:
Originally posted by vandyboy:
I had one of mine mounted lifesize open mouth and a branch. If I ever get smart enough I will post some pictures. In the mean time go The Wildlife Gallery's website. My Baboon is photo 112 in Africa-Plains game and other species.

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We need a picture with the flap lifted...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To me if you mount a baboon in a "novelty" mount as opposed to a mount like vandyboy's you are not respecting the animal. A baboon is about the sharpest pencil in the box in the African bush and to mount him like a cartoon character is wrong in my opinion. of course opinions are like..........

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13004 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I find those "humorous" mounts (with smokes, apron, etc) to be very tacky. The ones with the bobo showing his teeth in a very authentic pose are outstanding but has anyone ever seen a bobo serving beer in the wild?

Would you ever put a cigar in a leopard mount's mouth?

I think this demeans your trophy room.

One of Us
Picture of Wildlife Gallery
posted Hide Post
Guy's,

Here is a unique way to display. I had a customer that wanted a completely different idea for his lion scene. What I don't have pictures of is the rest of the scene??? There is a second lion in this scene treeing another baboon. I'll try to get more to show you later...

Committing ourselves to world class turnaround and quality.
www.thewildlifegallery.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew you guys would come through, my favorite is dcs and bowhunr ideas. Thanks for the ideas. The podium idea was interesting but I get to see that most evenings on the nightly news.
The mount by wildlife artistry is probably the best mount I've ever seen of a baboon. I have a question for all those that have ever observed baboons in the wild. Have you ever seen one with a straight tail? Maybe my imagination, but I don't ever recall seeing a baboon that didn't appear to have a broken tail????? One of my ph's said that baboon will grab the tail of an opponent and clamp down physically breaking his tail when fighting. Was that BS or does anyone know if there is any truth to it???

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasjohn:
Your Baboon is great.

quote:

This is the one I would choose for my trophy room, it is a natural pose and shows off the teeth of the animal, which I think will be the thing that gets most peoples attention. I have to agree with the individuals who feel an animal should be displayed as naturally as possible. If I were going to do a "novelty" baboon, I would probably put a leather collar on him and have him chained to something with a chain, you often see pictures like that in old African books, and it's still a natural pose. They used to catch baboons and monkeys a long time ago by cutting a hole in a coconut and baiting it with rice or corn,then tie the coconut to a tree with a length of chain or rope, the baboon or monkey would stick its hand in and grab the bait and get trapped. I think that would make a good novelty pose. Or you could have him poking at a scorpion or a big rhino beetle with his finger or a stick.

It's your trophy and you can mount it anyway you want, but the poses of them wearing clothes, sunglasses, and holding a roll of toilet paper will probably get old after a while, and I think takes away from the mount.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 mark and dyker

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BOWHUNR
posted Hide Post
As Mark said opinions are....
To me the stinking, thieving little bastards are nothing more than a sixty pound prairie dog. To compare them with a Leopard or any other trophy animal is ridiculous.

Mike

NEVER BOOK A HUNT WITH JEFF BLAIR AT BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING!

Posts: 636 | Location: Omaha, NE U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think most any legally hunted animal can be a trophy. I have lots of small animals mounted in my trophy room; hyrax, honey badgers, civet cats, mongoose. I think they add a nice touch. I have even seen some pretty neat prairie dog mounts!

Posts: 1357 | Location: Texas | Registered: 17 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
To me if you mount a baboon in a "novelty" mount as opposed to a mount like vandyboy's you are not respecting the animal. A baboon is about the sharpest pencil in the box in the African bush and to mount him like a cartoon character is wrong in my opinion. of course opinions are like..........

Mark

I aggree, I also dislike the tacky novelty mounts. Some of the realistic ones posted here are very good. Each to his own I guess

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOWHUNR:
As Mark said opinions are....
To me the stinking, thieving little bastards are nothing more than a sixty pound prairie dog. To compare them with a Leopard or any other trophy animal is ridiculous.

Mike

Baboons stink or thieve no more than a leopard or lion, which are also thieves at any given opportunity. I am not sure where this dislike for baboons stems from? They eating your mango's?

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mark

+1

I really like the one Thomasjohn posted. I have only european mount at home and they are quite impressive.

@BOWHUNR
Don't want to start a discussion here but there no diffrence between a prariedog and deer for me. I respect every living creature and i think everyone should do this.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2090 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I tried to mount a life size baboon and it nearly bit my dick off.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

animal yuck

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Next time try the female of the species...

Whehhh!! You have tell some people everything.

Posts: 10359 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
++1 for me also. Baboons are way cool and deserve more than being just a trinket. I wouldn't even bother mounting one unless it was in a natural pose. I like the one in RBhunt's post.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

quote:

Mark

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
some of our friends on here need to look up the meaning of JOKE

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Try champagne first.... Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
talk about a bad case of monkey bites DAM SON what was you drinking rotflmo

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOWHUNR:
Here's mine.

And at Halloween to hand out treats.

Mike

absolutely great!! rotflmo

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RBHunt:
quote:
Originally posted by Thomasjohn:
Your Baboon is great.

quote:

This is the one I would choose for my trophy room, it is a natural pose and shows off the teeth of the animal, which I think will be the thing that gets most peoples attention. I have to agree with the individuals who feel an animal should be displayed as naturally as possible. If I were going to do a "novelty" baboon, I would probably put a leather collar on him and have him chained to something with a chain, you often see pictures like that in old African books, and it's still a natural pose. They used to catch baboons and monkeys a long time ago by cutting a hole in a coconut and baiting it with rice or corn,then tie the coconut to a tree with a length of chain or rope, the baboon or monkey would stick its hand in and grab the bait and get trapped. I think that would make a good novelty pose. Or you could have him poking at a scorpion or a big rhino beetle with his finger or a stick.

It's your trophy and you can mount it anyway you want, but the poses of them wearing clothes, sunglasses, and holding a roll of toilet paper will probably get old after a while, and I think takes away from the mount.

Incredible mount.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote