New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buff, or, Bluff!?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well said NitroX,there are a whole lot of PHONIES that hide behind the words AFRICAN HUNTING. Wink thumb But thats's NO PROBLEM because the TRUE hunters SMELL them out.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Gentlemen,

Don't forget this is the INTERNET.

Home of the INSTANT expert.

It is the only place where a looser, with no real life, can make himself into the most remarkable, and astute hunter.

Mind you, it does not take very long before those with real hunting experince suss him out.

Isnt that the truth! Even more remarkable is once a loser/expert has been "sussed out" so many people (with real hunting experience) still fall for their bs!! Ah the internet.......

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well said Saeed, and I can still hear that horrible cackle from you and the Dutchman, when you shoot my buff out from under my nose, then find my buff eaten by Lions, that is the mark of a true hunter!! Smiler Smiler Smiler That was a great hunt, and that is what its all about, the experience and the comraderie with good friends.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42169 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Personally, never having been to Africa, I wonder what all the fuss is about with them ugly black cows.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 05 June 2007 22:26 05 June 2007 22:26

One or two cape buffalo per year since 1992Three water buffalo in North territory of OZ, back in the early 60s................... ....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37,

Gentlemen, there seems to be some controversy as to the validity of my post on this thread! That is my fault, because it wasn't quite accurate! What I mean by that is, what I should have said is every OTHER year, not every year.

This is because, I didn’t go to Africa EVERY year since 1992. I go with a group of friends to ALASKA on the alternant years. This was the sequence of my hunts from 1992 till I got sick nearly five years ago. Since the big “C†came into my life, I haven’t been back to Africa, or Alaska either since! SO, in the 15 years between 1992 and 2007, I have been to Africa seven times, as a client hunter, and twice as an observer with a friend on elephant hunts. On one of those elephant hunts I shot two Buffalo, for the trophy fees only, on my friend’s license, because he had no interest in Buffalo, and they were included in his package. On one of MY hunts I took two Buffalo, and all others took one. That gentlemen is a total of ten cape buffalo, and three water buffalo since the early 60s. beer

I hope this passes muster with those here seem so interested! If not I can't help you.

PS: I seem to be getting a lot of interest from my good friend Allout, and shootaway, judgeing from some of the other posts here, but since I have them both on ignore, it probably means I really don't care to hear wht they have to say, on any subject!

GOOD DAY gentlemen, now I will leave you to your rat killing! Roll Eyes

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Personally, never having been to Africa, I wonder what all the fuss is about with them ugly black cows.

That is why you are our guy Judge. Great photo.
beer
(sorry about the beer, but they took away our scotch glasses)

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted Hide Post
How about an emoticon driving a landrover in reverse? That would cover a lot of the backtracking that goes on here on AR.
bsflag

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac,

Hope you will get back to Africa soon. I also hope the big C gets the deep six!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know.

If you enjoy the hunt and it is your passion. It doesn't really matter how many buff or ele or Tasmanian niowots you've bagged.

It all about the fact that you enjoy the hunt and it keeps you coming back.

I love hunting.

Wherever it may occur.

It is the main passion in my life it gets me up in the morning.

I hunt Africa whenever I can afford it.

It's about the experience and friends and being in good country. It is not about quantity to me.

I will never have the time or the money to be a high volume buff killer. Smiler

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Well said surestrike. Smiler

I feel just the same on all counts.

Although, when it comes to being a high volume buff killer, if I had the money I am sure I'd find the time. Big Grin Its addictive. Smiler

Cheers
Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once again, surestrike hits the nail on the head.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canuck:
Well said surestrike. Smiler

I feel just the same on all counts.

Although, when it comes to being a high volume buff killer, if I had the money I am sure I'd find the time. Big Grin Its addictive. Smiler

Cheers
Canuck

Believe me Canuck I wouldn't turn down a winning lottery ticket!

Smiler

One of Us
Picture of Virginia Creeper
posted Hide Post

E Pluribus Unum - where out of many, we will become one.

Posts: 149 | Location: VA | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With Quote