THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    df06 Did Martin Pieters return your trophy fee?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

df06 Did Martin Pieters return your trophy fee?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
Originally posted by bobmn:
df06: Thanks for taking the time to answer my inquiry. In August of 2011 I booked a buffalo hunt with Martin Pieters of Bulembi Safaris in Omay South campfire area which he offered on this website. He stipulated payment in full 60 days prior to the hunt date and I wired him the daily rate as well as the trophy fee. Because of the strong recommendations from members of this board I was not hesitant to pay in full. Like you I did not see a mature bull. I have been requesting the return of the trophy fee from Mr. Pieters via email and private messages and to date I have not received a refund of the trophy fee.

I don't understand paying the full cost of a hunt 60 days out, to include TFs. Granted, the client may cancel, but some of the hunt costs are also negated.

How often does a client cancel? Has anyone here ever cancelled 60 days out?

I am always nervous about transferring large sums of money. Even if the booking agent holds it, there is nothing to say he/she won't go BK before your hunt. Guess what? In BK those funds are frozen - you get in line with everyone else who has a claim, and yours isn't even secured.

Quite simple mate and simply ask the deposit to be classed as refundable or transferrable.

Most quality Operators/PH's will work on a hand shake and never mess you about with money.

AR is one of the best booking sites in the world purely because there is a host of fine operators who are proven here.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
AR is one of the best booking sites in the world purely because there is a host of fine operators who are proven here.

I have to agree with Andrew on this statement.
But I personally would not like paying trophy fees up front with anyone.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been requesting the return of the trophy fee from Mr. Pieters via email and private messages and to date I have not received a refund of the trophy fee.

Gee! What a surprise, I guess I'm not the only one who has not received emails or messages back from Martin Pieters when I tried to contact him concerning money I was due. To be honest, that problem seems to be all too familiar with way too many African PHs.

Posts: 231 | Location: Washington state | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
df06: Thanks for taking the time to answer my inquiry. In August of 2011 I booked a buffalo hunt with Martin Pieters of Bulembi Safaris in Omay South campfire area which he offered on this website. He stipulated payment in full 60 days prior to the hunt date and I wired him the daily rate as well as the trophy fee. Because of the strong recommendations from members of this board I was not hesitant to pay in full. Like you I did not see a mature bull. I have been requesting the return of the trophy fee from Mr. Pieters via email and private messages and to date I have not received a refund of the trophy fee.

I don't understand paying the full cost of a hunt 60 days out, to include TFs. Granted, the client may cancel, but some of the hunt costs are also negated.

How often does a client cancel? Has anyone here ever cancelled 60 days out?

I am always nervous about transferring large sums of money. Even if the booking agent holds it, there is nothing to say he/she won't go BK before your hunt. Guess what? In BK those funds are frozen - you get in line with everyone else who has a claim, and yours isn't even secured.

Quite simple mate and simply ask the deposit to be classed as refundable or transferrable.

Most quality Operators/PH's will work on a hand shake and never mess you about with money.

I agree. I just booked a hunt with a guy and asked what he needs for a deposit. He penned me in and said "nothing for now." When he asks for the cash, he will get what he wants.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
On all of my hunts with Martin I prepaid my daily rates and charters before leaving the States for my hunts. No issues there. I have done the same with many other operators. My deposits went to an American bank. After the hunt, I paid tips in cash but never settled for trophy fees until I got back home and wired funds to Mart's bank here. I have never had issues.. I trusted him to provide the hunt, he trusted me to pay my Tfs. We are both men of our word.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrenchmaster:
quote:
I have been requesting the return of the trophy fee from Mr. Pieters via email and private messages and to date I have not received a refund of the trophy fee.

Gee! What a surprise, I guess I'm not the only one who has not received emails or messages back from Martin Pieters when I tried to contact him concerning money I was due. To be honest, that problem seems to be all too familiar with way too many African PHs.

This is beginning to sound disturbing.

We have had many discussions here regarding deposits in the past.

The way I understand it is a deposit for daily rate is almost often non-refundable.

Paying ahead for trophy fees - as many do, including myself - is to make life easier for everyone concerned.

And is NOT, repeat NOT, non refundable.

It must be returned, or used for a future hunt, as the CLIENT agrees.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67043 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bwanamrm:
On all of my hunts with Martin I prepaid my daily rates and charters before leaving the States for my hunts. No issues there. I have done the same with many other operators. My deposits went to an American bank. After the hunt, I paid tips in cash but never settled for trophy fees until I got back home and wired funds to Mart's bank here. I have never had issues.. I trusted him to provide the hunt, he trusted me to pay my Tfs. We are both men of our word.[/QUOTE
Same with me.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I've had great success dealing with Martin and his wife, Candy. When a concession at which we were to hunt was compromised, he offered to send me back my deposit, but I chose to apply it elsewhere (with his wife at her photo area, Nehimba). We had a great trip!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7547 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

I am not saying it didn't happen but why wait form 8/11 to 1/15 to raise the issue?

I never pay trophy fees in advance nor have I ever been asked to do so. This includes Martin
whose company I hunted with last year.

When I was booking my hunt with Martin, I asked him on the phone if I could the trophy fee before I came over. I don't like the idea of carrying a lot of cash with me. Martin said No, wait till afterwards.

I have no complaints with Martin or his crew.

Posts: 492 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 26 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rule 303:
quote:
quote:

I am not saying it didn't happen but why wait form 8/11 to 1/15 to raise the issue?

I never pay trophy fees in advance nor have I ever been asked to do so. This includes Martin
whose company I hunted with last year.

When I was booking my hunt with Martin, I asked him on the phone if I could the trophy fee before I came over. I don't like the idea of carrying a lot of cash with me. Martin said No, wait till afterwards.

I have no complaints with Martin or his crew.

This is exactly what happened to me when I went last October.

Again , I am not saying thst none of this happened. It is certainly not what I experienced.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by wrenchmaster:
quote:

This is beginning to sound disturbing.

We have had many discussions here regarding deposits in the past.

The way I understand it is a deposit for daily rate is almost often non-refundable.

Paying ahead for trophy fees - as many do, including myself - is to make life easier for everyone concerned.

And is NOT, repeat NOT, non refundable.

It must be returned, or used for a future hunt, as the CLIENT agrees.

Saeed: My understanding of trophy fees is the same as yours. Martin Pieters emailed:

Hi Bob

I hope you had a safe trip home and that you enjoyed the
trip to the Omay and to Big cave camp. Sorry about your buffalo, if you
decide you would like to return, I will put together a discounted
package so we can get one on you wall. let me know, we could do it later
this year, or 2012, your call.

Herewith a breakdown of your hunt, let me know if it all in order:

Hunt package as per AR $ 8750
Observers @ $ 100 each x 3 , total $ 2100
Observer tax $ 42
Charter $ 1400
Zebra $ 1100
Trophy fee tax $ 22
Dip/ pack $ 400

Total costs $ 13 814
Less deposits received $ 12 792

Balance outstanding $ 1022
Refund on buffalo not shot $ 3000

Total refund due to you $ 1 978

Let me know if you would like to put that towards another buffalo
safari, or if you would like me to send you a cheque.

Kind Regards

Martin
Saeed, what are your suggestions to prevent something like I experienced from happening to other members of this board?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ummm.. I dont get it. Your email seems to completely vindicate Martin who has a good reputation.
You hunted and hunted at a very low/competitive price on the Buffalo and your observer rate was very low/discounted.
You shot a Zebra at $1,100.. So what? The only complaint I have seen is you are balking on the trophy rate on a burchells Zebra? $1,100 is reasonable and generally the going rate.
He clearly offered to refund the Buffalo trophy fee or roll it forward for you.

This makes your complaint seem ridiculous other than the disappointment of not harvesting a buffalo.

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you not get the $1,978 back after the emails and requesting?

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Poyntman:

I believe Bob is saying he has not received the refunded trophy fee offered by Martin after 3 plus years.

Is that correct Bob?

Do you have emails from you to Martin specifically requesting the refund once it was offered by Martin? Follow up emails may help clarify the situation.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's obviously a different matter...he clearly offered to in his email and if the 3k was paid it certainly should have been.
I know early in the thread there was some confusion on the difference in the other fees between the two companies for the one other animal..the Zebra.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone who has been to Africa before knows that seldom does everything go to plan - like as in never. Therefore it's not a good idea to pay in advance for animals that you hope to collect, but may not find; especially in Zimbabwe these days. This is sort of like paying for a used car before you arrive on the lot.

While there are a lot of very honest PHs out there, most do not have huge back office support and even fewer operate with high efficiency. So it's best to find the trophy, shoot the trophy, then pay for the trophy when you get back home. And most honest PHs/outfitters are willing to accept this arrangement. If they find that arrangement unacceptable, you better start asking a whole bunch of questions and/or find another opportunity.

I don't relish the idea of the used car salesman holding my money in the hopes he will return it in a timely manner if I don't find my dream car. It always pays to be an informed consumer.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poyntman:
Did you not get the $1,978 back after the emails and requesting?

Poyntman: I have not received any money from Pieters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gee! What a surprise, I guess I'm not the only one who has not received emails or messages back from Martin Pieters when I tried to contact him concerning money I was due.

RCG: I have been treated exactly like Wrenchmaster. No answer to multiple emails or private messages. I have called the cell phone Pieters uses in the US during show season. Just one example, on May 9, 2012 at 9:54 PM I emailed:
Martin: It looks like my schedule will not allow me to hunt this year. Could you please send me a check from the buffalo trophy fee not used? Thanks. Bob

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So it's best to find the trophy, shoot the trophy, then pay for the trophy when you get back home.

The above statement suggests that while some PH/Outfitters may NOT be entirely honest in their dealings, all clients are ? coffee

Background checks are far easier to conduct on outfitters (as evidenced publicly on AR, by PM or word of mouth) but almost impossible for clients.

The outfitter also runs the risk of being "stiffed" by the client, something which is not unheard of either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poyntman:
I know early in the thread there was some confusion on the difference in the other fees between the two companies for the one other animal..the Zebra.

Poyntman: You are confusing me with df06. I did not hunt with 2 different companies. I only hunted with Bulembi Safaris owned by Pieters.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Originally posted by fujotupu:

quote:
So it's best to find the trophy, shoot the trophy, then pay for the trophy when you get back home.

The above statement suggests that while some PH/Outfitters may NOT be entirely honest in their dealings, all clients are ? coffee

Background checks are far easier to conduct on outfitters (as evidenced publicly on AR, by PM or word of mouth) but almost impossible for clients.

The outfitter also runs the risk of being "stiffed" by the client, something which is not unheard of either.

There are some countries where you must pay in advance regardless what you shoot. So there are always exceptions, but when hunting in southern Africa, it is best to reserve final payment until the end of the hunt or when you get home.

And yes, there are stories of impossible clients who refuse final payment because they didn't get 195% of their wishes fulfilled so the PH/outfitter does assume some risk. In 1998 I went to bat for a PH who's client shot a 73+/- pounder instead of the field estimated 80 pound ele. Client threw his toys when he got back and cancelled the check before the PH could make it to the bank. But a letter from a US lawyer quickly solved that problem. Anyhow, the client told all his buddies it was a 95+ pounder so WTF was the pissing and moaning all about anyhow???

At the end of the day it's your money, so you do have some say in how it is to be spent. Everything in life is negotiable and everything in Africa is for sale. So there is always a LOT of wiggle room when it comes to hunting here. My suggestion is to always negotiate - you may be surprised with what you can get when you do.

PS - With the Euro cratering, there will be a lot less Euros headed this way. The USD will and does buy a lot here at the moment (hint, hint) Wink

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I have a good strong rope. We can get his wife and kids to watch and then they can feed his body to the crocs.

And I am going to put up the pictures on facebook.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob:

It appears you have given Martin more than enough time to address your refund request.

It is also quite clear that Martin is a frequent poster on AR offering hunts, etc., so he can't say he has been out of touch or his computer is down.

We need to hear Martin's version but so far the evidence and silence is troubling.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bwanamrm:
On all of my hunts with Martin I prepaid my daily rates and charters before leaving the States for my hunts. No issues there. I have done the same with many other operators. My deposits went to an American bank. After the hunt, I paid tips in cash but never settled for trophy fees until I got back home and wired funds to Mart's bank here. I have never had issues.. I trusted him to provide the hunt, he trusted me to pay my Tfs. We are both men of our word.[/QUOTE
Same with me.

I have no dog in this fight on this Kangaroo Court because Like most here I don't have the facts!

Regarding the two quotes above IMO that is the proper way to handle all monetary dealings.

I have never had a problem dealing with a Safari outfitter because of this way of doing things.

For many years several safari companies have taken out banking accounts in the USA which works well for both the safari companies and clients alike! One of the safari companies I have hunted with has banking in a bank that is only eight miles from my front door, so I pay there in person by check. Works as smooth as silk!

.................................................................... coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
While I have never been asked to front trophy fees, I can surely understand why an outfitter would ask for up front payments . There are a lot of people in the world who wound stiff the outfitters.

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
quote:
While I have never been asked to front trophy fees, I can surely understand why an outfitter would ask for up front payments . There are a lot of people in the world who wound stiff the outfitters.

And, there are some outfitters and agents who would stiff the hunter. How does one tell? A former friend and PH in aim now wants all fees paid in advance of the hunt with the promise he will wire refunds for animals not taken. It's a crap shoot at best.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Same with me, there has to balance
It's like handing contractor all the money to build your house before he breaks the ground
I like the African companies having bank in US so after the hunt, you can pay the difference without worrying about some funny business
" Trust but verify " for both sides
That being said, I never heard anything bad about Martin Pieters, but also understand there is always someone that will never be satisfied and so forth.
I run into it occasionally in my business

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

I KNOW there are more crooked clients than crooked PHs.

I am sure Martin will chime in and clear this up.

Posts: 67043 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is curious why this was not handled by PM.

Because it was never designed to be private.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
quote:
It is curious why this was not handled by PM.

Because it was never designed to be private.

That is correct. Maybe The OP thought that the matter was handled privately for long enough. We've heard one side. Let's hear the other three sides

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
My experience with Martin was quite straight forward. Booked my buff/tuskless at the last minute for a late season hunt. Paid about half up front, had an OUTSTANDING adventure, wired him the balance and trophy fees when I got home. No issues at all, he trusted me to pay after the hunt was concluded.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Timing is a bit of an issue here and everyone may not be keyed into that, including the original poster.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Timing is a bit of an issue here and everyone may not be keyed into that, including the original poster.

Huh?
What are we missing?

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, you might be right about there being more clients that are unethical.
As I walked around the DSC event a week ago, I did however conclude that there are lots more clients than Safari companies.
I did talk to one safari company that got stiffed for $70 grand. After some wrangling he did get the payment. And I have a close friend that put $25K down on an elephant hunt and the safari company dissolved. He lost is all.
Unfortunately, like any other area of commerce, there are people on both sides that will take advantage of others if given the opportunity.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2638 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
As above there are all kinds of people in the hunting industry , but Martin Pieters is not one of the bad apples , he is one of the good guys and although this is what AR is for , i think you should continue to talk directly with Martin clearly stating your side and clearly stating your expectations to resolve the situation, free of accusations and opinion. This forum clouds ones ability to think rationally.

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Informative info on here. Good to know when I book second hunt

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2849 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:
As above there are all kinds of people in the hunting industry , but Martin Pieters is not one of the bad apples , he is one of the good guys and although this is what AR is for , i think you should continue to talk directly with Martin clearly stating your side and clearly stating your expectations to resolve the situation, free of accusations and opinion. This forum clouds ones ability to think rationally.

Perhaps so, but I note that MP has been on these forums several times lately and has not come on this thread to say, either, "That's not the way it was", or "He has his money." Makes me wonder why?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
quote:
Originally posted by Safaris Botswana Bound:

Perhaps so, but I note that MP has been on these forums several times lately and has not come on this thread to say, either, "That's not the way it was", or "He has his money." Makes me wonder why?

I was wondering myself this very fact.

I really wish Martin would say something regarding this.

Keeping quiet might give others the wrong impression.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe I am missing something, but isn't a major point here for all potential Buff hunters that here is a client that hunted 7 days in the south Omay and didn't see a buff....and little plainsgame?
Seems to me I recall some comments about a fellow that hunted the same area-last year- with the same company with similar results...he saw one early in the hunt, no more, young PH, 21/2 hours each way from camp to hunting area....on and on.
Seems there are learnings for everyone to absorb regardless of what the point of the post might be?...ie in this case deposits....what about successful Buff Hunts?

470EDDY

Posts: 2573 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Without going into too much detail.
At the time of this safari my mother was dating Peter Johnstone ( owner of Rosslyn ), I had the hunting rights to Cawstone.
I marketed my combo hunts ( Omay/ Cawstone )using my price list.
Bob booked his hunt with my company, not Rosslyn safaris.
My trophy fees were slightly higher as there are other costs involved in running a hunting operation.
As far as the buffalo is concerned, Bob is very much aware of what transpired on the hunt and he has been emailed.
Cheers

martin@bulembisafaris.co.zw

I thought Martin did answer...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote