Find
Notify
Tools

Out of Africa
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
So Kathi just that name ring a bell?[/quote]

I know this woman's Father and Mother from working with them for the Chicago SCI Chapter. I was Vice-President of the Chapter.

They are both wonderful people. Very involved in hunting and the community.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I guess it must be a bit of a bastard when your kid turns out to be wrong 'un huh?

animal animal animal animal animal animal

OK, I admit it was a cheap shot but sometimes I just can't help myself! Wink

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Ms. Baarstad, OoA profitier! How can you be so proud?

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
METHINKS WE HAVE HEARD THE LAST OF MS. BARSTAAD. GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13403 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
So far we have had a 100% record of outing those who have come on the forum, hiding under a false ID, and pretending to be someone else! clap

This lady was trying her best to hide her ID.

She was using a proxy service, that hops the connection from one place to another.

But, if one traces it, it all leads back to the source! animal

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Funny that she didnt understand many of us use our real names. Even more so that even those who use initials and or handles are all pretty much known to all of us. She dosnt understand that our group new and old try to get together and meet for fun and comradrie. Of course if your going to try and defend OOA as being the poor misunderstood goodguys that they are you are living in fantasy land anyway.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Okay, I think you have all stooped to a new low. Shakira, you in particular. Shame on you for making such a derogatory remark about my parents, who as Kathi so nicely said, are wonderful people who anyone would describe as having integrity and generosity.
Saeed is correct in my identity. I do work for Out of Africa, and it would be a sad day when I would not support my employer. But why would you all find it so difficult to believe that someone would have nice things to say about Out of Africa? If that were the case, than why do so many people hunt with Out of Africa not once, but multiple times?
Why so anxious to learn my identity when I still don't know who the rest of you are?
It was, in fact, Kathi, who initially brought this blog to my attention when she copied and emailed it to numerous clients of hers, thus my question as to her absence in this blog.
Frankly, it is hurtful that you have made a judgement about me personally when you don't even know me, other than my opinion about Out of Africa. I can assure you that in all of my professional life, I have never personally cheated any client or treated any client with any sort of misconduct. In fact, each person that I work with knows that I am nothing but professional in my dealings...and I learned that from my parents. Every client that I have booked with Out of Africa has returned from their trip very happy...and I know this because I am diligent about following up afterwards.
Should I have revealed my identity earlier? Perhaps. But to be totally honest, this is the first and only time that I have EVER blogged...I'm sure that Saeed would be able to confirm for you that I am telling the truth (and by the way, Saeed, I have no idea what a proxy server is...I'm not as tech savvy as you). In the end, I am quite sure that I will never blog again because this has been such a distasteful experience. It just takes too much energy to "bitch" and complain with people.
Saeed, you are correct...you have "outed" me. Congratulations. But quite honestly, I don't want or need to be a part of this group anyway. All of this negative energy makes me sick to my stomach. This life is not a dress rehearsal and I simply prefer to fill my life with more rewarding activities.
I'm sure that this won't be the end of the commentary about me or Out of Africa, or God forbid, my parents. If that's how you choose to spend your time, go for it.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Adqueen:

You are probably a nice lady, but many of here know the history of Out of Africa and how making money (at least for some of the principals) was more important than the law and respect for those who had their land stolen in Zimbabwe.

I will just chalk up your comments (and lack of them about illegal hunting, hunting folks on prohibited concessions held by blacklisted "owners", making American clients liable to Lacy Act violations, etc.) as simple naivete.

I do admire your loyalty to your employer, but I suggest you do some research about with whom and where OoA has sent clients. If you do so, I sincerely believe that you will lose some of that willing disbelief and blind fidelity.

And... although I certainly am no expert on the aforemention Lacy Act, as I read it, anyone who knowingly arranges the importation of trophies taken in concert with Mugagbe's cronies is quite libel to be asked to be a guest at Club Fed. I wouldn't walk away, I'd run!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
ADQ,

My comment wasn't about your parents at all, it was about you..... and incidentally, might I suggest you try to develop a bit of a sense of humour if at all possible. Roll Eyes

The reason it was about you is that whilst I don't know you from a bar of soap I do know several people who have been victims of the company you represent and I believe that unethical behaviour such as your employers appear to have a long track record of, will be the death of what I consider to be a fine industry.

Kathy says your parents are good people and joking aside, if you are the same, I suggest you look deeper into the history of the company you represent. (You won't have to look too hard to research the subject) and then consider that mud sticks for a very long time in this industry and if you don't want to get splashed, you shouldn't wallow in the mud.

You might also like to look up and study the Lacey Act and the implications of breaching it.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
adqueen,

One of the greatest things about the internet is that it provides information.

How we assess it and what we do with it - well, that's up to us.

Your input on this thread was questioned from the start as being biased, perhaps because it is economically motivated.

You offered no real defense of OoA, and instead chose to attack those who produced the facts concerning its unethical and illegal practices.

You accused us of jealousy, negativity, anger and vindictiveness.

Why would you do that? That's just silly. We are hunters seeking and sharing information. So, there were further questions about your motives.

Now we have learned, thanks to Saeed's work and your confirmation, that you work for OoA - that your input is, in fact, economically motivated and therefore biased.

That doesn't mean that you're not also a good person who is loyal to her employer. (Although if I were you, I would definitely change employers.)

It means that any information you provide on the subject of OoA must be discounted.

That's how information is gathered and assessed, with or without the internet and blogging.

AR is a great place. But don't expect a warm welcome if you show up with guns blazing in defense of known scoundrels and, in this case, a convicted felon.

As the old saying goes, don't go away mad. You clearly have a lot to learn, and there's much to be learned here.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
adqueen,

I have followed this discussion and done my own research.

It comes down to somethign very simple.

If you associate with thos ewho have no honor or, ethics, or conscience then you by association are teh same honorless persopn good people will never willingly associate themselves with.

Or to make it simple for you "if you lie down with pigs then don't complain about the s*#& that sticks to you".

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adqueen,

you still haven't answered a basic question;

who are the new owners???
sofa

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by quickshot:
Adqueen,

sofa

Out of Africa has gotten such a rotten reputaion in the hunting community no one with any sense would buy it.

I am sure this "sale" is only done on the surface. I bet the same lot are operating it as it originally was.

Any normal person would not touch Out of Africa if was given to him for free!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by quickshot:
Adqueen,

sofa

Out of Africa has gotten such a rotten reputaion in the hunting community no one with any sense would buy it.

I am sure this "sale" is only done on the surface. I bet the same lot are operating it as it originally was.

Any normal person would not touch Out of Africa if was given to him for free!

exactly! beer

OoA has had a mutual parasitic relationship with SCI
SCI looks the other way as OoA preys on SCI members-
SCI makes big bucks on donated hunts & upper management of SCI gets special deals and hunts through OoA -including charges of illegal dg hunts etc..

look for name change but the game will be the same!!

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
It'll be interesting to see if OoA (with new owners) will be allowed booth space come next year. Eeker

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
for everyone's sake let's hope not. as someone posted earlier, hopefully adqueen won't go away mad- just go away-permanently. bullshit by any other name is still bullshit.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13403 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adqueen:
Okay, I think you have all stooped to a new low. Shakira, you in particular. Shame on you for making such a derogatory remark about my parents, who as Kathi so nicely said, are wonderful people who anyone would describe as having integrity and generosity.
Saeed is correct in my identity. I do work for Out of Africa, and it would be a sad day when I would not support my employer. But why would you all find it so difficult to believe that someone would have nice things to say about Out of Africa? If that were the case, than why do so many people hunt with Out of Africa not once, but multiple times?
Why so anxious to learn my identity when I still don't know who the rest of you are?
It was, in fact, Kathi, who initially brought this blog to my attention when she copied and emailed it to numerous clients of hers, thus my question as to her absence in this blog.
Frankly, it is hurtful that you have made a judgement about me personally when you don't even know me, other than my opinion about Out of Africa. I can assure you that in all of my professional life, I have never personally cheated any client or treated any client with any sort of misconduct. In fact, each person that I work with knows that I am nothing but professional in my dealings...and I learned that from my parents. Every client that I have booked with Out of Africa has returned from their trip very happy...and I know this because I am diligent about following up afterwards.
Should I have revealed my identity earlier? Perhaps. But to be totally honest, this is the first and only time that I have EVER blogged...I'm sure that Saeed would be able to confirm for you that I am telling the truth (and by the way, Saeed, I have no idea what a proxy server is...I'm not as tech savvy as you). In the end, I am quite sure that I will never blog again because this has been such a distasteful experience. It just takes too much energy to "bitch" and complain with people.
Saeed, you are correct...you have "outed" me. Congratulations. But quite honestly, I don't want or need to be a part of this group anyway. All of this negative energy makes me sick to my stomach. This life is not a dress rehearsal and I simply prefer to fill my life with more rewarding activities.
I'm sure that this won't be the end of the commentary about me or Out of Africa, or God forbid, my parents. If that's how you choose to spend your time, go for it.

Just so we have it in its original form.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is commonly called guilt by association.

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
So far we have had a 100% record of outing those who have come on the forum, hiding under a false ID, and pretending to be someone else! clap

And the perfect record still stands. WTG, Saeed.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't believe no one has said anything about calling Shakari, Shikira. I laughed when I saw that. Maybe Steve is a big dancer/singer and we didn't know it. Smiler

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I can't believe no one has said anything about calling Shakari, Shikira. I laughed when I saw that. Maybe Steve is a big dancer/singer and we didn't know it. Smiler

Heck yes, he can cut a rug and croon a tune.
I spent two weeks in in the Selous at same camp as Steve. He dressed conservatively (not much cleavage showing), but he did sing well when dancing on the table and had some good moves for an Englishman. Kind of like Tom Jones smuggling a baby hippo. Big Grin

I'll have to remember that. Shikira.

BTW, his hunter killed two dang good buffalo that safari, both with a great old Westley-Richards drop-lock double if I remember correctly???? Steve???

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Could have been worse: she could have thrown 'Shaquila' down...

Wink

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Darn it, you've let the cat out of the bag. Now everyone will know of my hidden secret life as female pop star and style icon..... my only consolation is that I'll no longer have to spend all those hours on make up to turn me from an ageing Professional Hunter that looks like a sack of shit that's been tied up in the middle to a foxy young thing with her thrupenny bits hanging out!

Judge,

Fly Me To The moon is about the limit of my singing I'm afraid..... although some might even dispute that I can sing that! animal..... and yes, I do seem to remember it was a Westley richards drop lock.

quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
Could have been worse: she could have thrown 'Shaquila' down...Wink

Is that a bit like Tequila?

...... Now where did I put those hot pants, basque and wig..... jumping jumping

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Where is ddrhook when you need him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Where is ddrhook when you need him?

Eish but he's gonna give me some shit!

animal animal animal animal

one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve in spandex is not a mental image I needed.

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
posted Hide Post
judgeG
your lucky he is getting more flamboyant as he get's older way too much cleavage was showing in karamoja. he has lost a few dance moves but I made up for that with the ugly dance!!!! rotflmo
BUT my ears are still bleeding from hearing him sing I can't get them to stop. and the ringiing it worse thank shooting my 458 in the shower jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GOD please don't mention the spandex!!!!!!!!!! Dam he swishes when he walks in that stuff oppps that was swishing because of the other problem rotflmo rotflmo what was it you ate that caused that problem moon

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
speaking of giving you shit!!!!!!! was that water running in your tent or did you have a problem rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Just to get my own back..... Hooker doing his very aptly named ugly dance.

animal animalanimalanimalanimalanimal

I'm just glad there wasn't a pole around! rotflmo

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
speaking of giving you shit!!!!!!! was that water running in your tent or did you have a problem rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

No mate that was the after effects of malaria! Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To bad Philip does not jump in on this site the three of use could cause culture shock to alot of people here jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
oooohhhhh you know you don't have to worry about your back when I'm around!!!!!!!!!!!! i will be there for you twisting the knife for you animal animal ya blame the Malaria for you lack of bowel control it's ok we know your getting old and these problems come with age nilly nilly nilly nilly jumping

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ugly dance? Looks like the time I stepped in the fire ants!

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MIKE,
real close but not quit as exciting Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Getting back on the subject...perhaps they'll change their name to.....

OUT OF SCI

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I believe they will be there in some form or fashion. Perhaps represented by a booking agent. Perhaps under a slightly different name and "new" owners.

They are like hemorrhoids. They are a pain in the ass and will be hard to make go away!

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Alan Bunn
posted Hide Post
Larry,

It could be that they will be back as Ras Safaris or Kuzuma Safaris.

This is too lucrative a scam for them to let go of without a struggle, just because of one unfortunate error on the part of an underling foot soldier. i.e. getting caught.

Elliras seems to be the epicenter of it all.

Cheers,

~Alan

Cheers,

~ Alan

Life Member NRA
Life Member SCI

email: editorusa(@)africanxmag(dot)com

African Expedition Magazine: http://www.africanxmag.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alan.p.bunn

Twitter: http://twitter.com/EditorUSA

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. ~Keller

To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; to be credible we must be truthful. ~ Murrow

Posts: 1112 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So... what did Theresa herself do that was so wrong?? I thought she fled the ship a few years ago?? Mike Smith you seem to have other ideas. What exactly did Theresa do to you??

just wondering...

Good result with SCI/OoA by the way... better late than never... Roll Eyes

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Matt, to me personally she did nothing. I may not be the smartest guy in the world but I was smart enough to not get into a deal with tese guys. Last I knew Teresa was still involved although trying to cover. These guys were involved in more stuff than most of us will ever know.

Happiness is a warm gun