Notify
Tools

Out of Africa
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
ADQ

You'll get a lot more people to bite at your wind ups over on the political forum. Roll Eyes

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes Theresa we know you are not the Mrs anymore but the EX! Fuuny how you always use a variation of the same monicor to sign on. Also almost always shovel the same stuff. Why on Gods green earth would anyone be "jealous" of you chuckleheads? Get out your Websters and look up jealousy versus disgust.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since you say there are 10 satisfied clients for every 1 negative, how about giving us a complete client list to contact?

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
posted Hide Post
adqueen,

Do you now or any time in the past had any financial relationship with O0A?

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 465H&H:
adqueen,

Do you now or any time in the past had any financial relationship with O0A?

465H&H

I think this is a fair question.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plus 1. Actually I think it needs to be altered. Do you, your family or any corporation owned directly or indirectly by you or you family have any financial ownership or relationship with OOA?

This could be a wide variety of things. The possibilities include ownership, employee, independent contractor such as contract PH, booking agent, client and many more.

You know, virtually everytime someone plays the jealousy card, they have no facts on their side. Clearly the case here.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adqueen:
Let me correct whoever thinks that this is Mrs. Groenewald. I am not. Instead, I am an active member of SCI who lives here in the states. I happen to have a very different and STRONG POSITIVE opinion of Out of Africa Adventurous Safaris.
There are two sides to every story. There is another saying that "you know you are successful in business if you've been sued". Unfortunately, here in the States, we live in a society of guilty until proven innocent...not the other way around. At a certain point, it is easier and less costly to plead guilty than fight our courts, be delayed for trial indefinitely and pay attorney fees.
As for any good that OAAS has done for hunting in Africa or SCI, there are probably 10 people per 1 who can attest to positive experiences.
Finally, do you people have nothing better to do than Blog about your competitor?

Even if we live live in a society where a crook is guilty until proven innocent (which we don't,) the felon was found guilty, even pleaded guilty.

Yes, defense can be costly, time consuming and all, but $30k worth of agreed to fine is a lot of money to defend a simple charge of illegally hunting and importing a leopard.

Especially when proving the prosecutor wrong would take nothing but a showing of permit documents and then cites documents.

BTW, I am in no way a competitor to OaA, merely a fellow who advocates legal hunting and abhors poaching.

I have been informed that you are a booking agent for OoA and that your husband is or may be a partner in OoA, or was before a sale took place, if a sale took place and if the sale wasn't a sham.

Do you deny being an agent of OoA now or in the past? How about remotely or through intermediaries, including partnerships or corporations or LLC's? Do you deny any business or financial relationship now or in the past with OoA or one involving a family member of yours or theirs, however remotely or through intermediaries, including partnerships or corporations or LLC's?

Were you or your husband involved in the sale as either agent(s) or seller(s) or purchaser(s) however remotely or through intermediaries, including partnerships or corporations or LLC's?

Lets not be anonymous, my name is John P. Kirlin. Hence the JPK moniker. What is your name?

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
You'd have to be either naive or misinformed to compare settling nuisance litigation with pleading guilty to a felony.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
You'd have to be either naive or misinformed to compare settling nuisance litigation with pleading guilty to a felony.

rotflmo

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good post JPK. Let's go adqueen. You're up. The balls in your court. Bring it. Who are you?

Posts: 636 | Location: The Hills | Registered: 24 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Smith:
Since you say there are 10 satisfied clients for every 1 negative, how about giving us a complete client list to contact?

Now we are talking.

Also, I would wager that anyone who is supporting OoA is either part of that orgenization, or benefits from it.

Which brings us back to the original point of why people deslike this outfite.

Supporting Mugabe and his lot of criminals.

And by extension, is no better than the owners and operators of OoA.

Adqueen, would you be kind enough to let us know what position you hold in OoA?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you are a booking agent whose husband also has a financial interest in the company?

Happiness is a warm gun

one of us
posted Hide Post
Would you be a "marketing director" for OOA? Am I gettng warmer? Say this is fun almost like playing whats my line.

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow. You guys have made a career out of blogging.

My career counselor suggested blogger or felon. I made my choice and you made yours.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
quote:
Wow. You guys have made a career out of blogging.

My career counselor suggested blogger or felon. I made my choice and you made yours.

yuck

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let me correct whoever thinks that this is Mrs. Groenewald. I am not. Instead, I am an active member of SCI who lives here in the states. I happen to have a very different and STRONG POSITIVE opinion of Out of Africa Adventurous Safaris.
There are two sides to every story. There is another saying that "you know you are successful in business if you've been sued". Unfortunately, here in the States, we live in a society of guilty until proven innocent...not the other way around. At a certain point, it is easier and less costly to plead guilty than fight our courts, be delayed for trial indefinitely and pay attorney fees.
As for any good that OAAS has done for hunting in Africa or SCI, there are probably 10 people per 1 who can attest to positive experiences.
Finally, do you people have nothing better to do than Blog about your competitor?
I am not a competitor( I am just a reasonably well informed hunter) and their long, colorful history of misconduct would bill a book. NO ONE pleads guilty to a federal felony just to make the problem go away. the resulting consequences are too far reaching. you, Ms. Baarstad, just have the misfortune of representing a bunch of crooks. GOOD LUCK. YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13403 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ding ding ding ding! I think we have a winner in the myster guest contest!

Happiness is a warm gun

One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, I have become as bad as the two of you...sitting here reading this blog.
Clearly, you are both a bit paranoid about my identity. I am NOT an attorney. I am not associated or related to Mr. Anderson. I am not related to the Groenewalds. It just so happens that I disagree with your ruthless assessment of the situation and the people associated with Out of Africa. Why all the venom? What is it to you whether or OAAS is successful? I go back to my initial assessment...jealousy.

Adqueen. I suggest you do the following.
Spend an hour or two looking up all the info you can on OoAS. Then spend another few minutes googling the names of the people under whose patronage they have operated in Zimbabwe.Make sure you read in detail about the atrocities, not only against animals , but humankind as well . Check the facts gathered by several sources, so as to satisfy yourself that these reports are not just the result of jealousy. Then once you have done so, please come back to this forum and state that you are happy to continue to defend them and their positive contribution to Africa

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Kathi? Why haven't you responded? I'm surprised at you. And just out of curiosity, what does "one of us" imply under your acronyms? What do you have to do to become "one of us"?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kathi? Why haven't you responded? I'm surprised at you. And just out of curiosity, what does "one of us" imply under your acronyms? What do you have to do to become "one of us"?

IMHO opinion, it is more pertinent why you haven't responded.

465h&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

You might have seen on other forums where different members have different titles.

We do not have that on AR.

When you first register, until you get a few posts under your name, you are known as a NEW MEMBER.

Once you have posted a certain number of posts, you become ONE OF US.

Very simple.

Can you please answer our questions regarding what position you hold in OoA?

Posts: 68693 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sorry SAEED, you are correct. I didn't respond to my identity. It just seems a bit odd that I don't know the identity of anyone else. If you can all hide behind your cloak and dagger, why shouldn't I? (But I will admit that I am NOT Theresa).

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry SAEED, you are correct. I didn't respond to my identity. It just seems a bit odd that I don't know the identity of anyone else. If you can all hide behind your cloak and dagger, why shouldn't I? (But I will admit that I am NOT Theresa).

I am not hiding behind any other name.

In fact, I have just checked your foot prints, and it seems you have been logging in through different ISP, most likely through a proxy server because you are trying to hide your ID.

I wonder why??

My name IS Saeed.

One thing you might bear in mind.

As soon as you actually log onto the Internet, with the intention of hiding your identity.

It does NOT work.

I can assure you with a very short period of time your true identiry can be found.

It is a totally false assumption that some people have of keeping their ID a secret.

Once a person logs onto the Internet, they leave their footprints.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

adqueen,

You don't have to identify yourself, just answer the question of whether you have or had any financial interest in OoA. It is pertinent what biasis you may or may not hold to the discussion.

465H&H

posted Hide Post
I am a previous client of OAAS.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That really doesn't answer the question now, does it.

465H&H

one of us
posted Hide Post
adqueen,

Do I know you???? If so, send me a PM and identify yourself.

I do not understand what I was supposed to respond and reply to on this thread. I have not posted anything on this thread.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not only are Saeed's given and family names public knowledge, I earlier posted my full name. In case you missed it, here it is again: John P. Kirlin

Other members post under their full names.

So answer the questions.

JPK

Free 500grains

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPK:
quote:

Not only are Saeed's given and family names public knowledge, I earlier posted my full name. In case you missed it, here it is again: John P. Kirlin

Other members post under their full names.

So answe the questions.

JPK

And some of us just go by our name.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
And some of are so famous infamous that we are known to all, even though we use a nom d' AR. Big Grin

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Actually, I can assure that I am neither famous nor infamous. And frankly, I am going to sign off of this discussion. There is so much negativity here that it is infectious. And it takes too much time and energy to be as angry and vindictive as this group is. I have much better things to do with my time...most importantly, work. HAPPY hunting to all of you.

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
You're right, this has all become really unfriendly.

So, Ad, what do you do for a living sir?

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did you hunt on any of the stolen farms in Zimbabwe?

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is so much negativity here that it is infectious. And it takes too much time and energy to be as angry and vindictive as this group is. I have much better things to do with my time...most importantly, work. HAPPY hunting to all of you.

First it was jealousy. Now it's negativity, anger and vindictiveness.

You're the one throwing stones, adqueen.

It appears as though, since you can't defend OoA, you have elected instead to attack us.

Here, on this forum, thanks to Saeed's generosity, we help each other.

We share our knowledge, experience and information - including information about illicit and dishonest hunting outfitters like OoA.

That way, our hunting is more likely to be HAPPY.

Eight posts and out is your loss, adqueen, not ours.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, I can assure that I am neither famous nor infamous. And frankly, I am going to sign off of this discussion. There is so much negativity here that it is infectious. And it takes too much time and energy to be as angry and vindictive as this group is. I have much better things to do with my time...most importantly, work. HAPPY hunting to all of you.

Just another lame excuse for not answering the very reasonable questions asked about your relationship with OoA.

JPK

Free 500grains

one of us
posted Hide Post
Google Nadine Baarstad it might reveal something

Happiness is a warm gun

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Nadine Baarstad
Title
VP, Client Services at EnVerve. Plus, Marketing Director for Out of Africa Adventurous Safaris

I suppose that explains things!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
While it is true that it is possible for a person or company to find itself at the wrong place in the wrong time and get drawn into something they had little to do with, it seems that OOA is caugt up in a lot of things in a lot of places . It ain't by chance. No one pleads guilty to a felony because it is easier unless the alternative was a more serious felony.

She did nothing but throw out BS. Jeaslousy, negativity Etc. No facts at all.

She wished us happy hunting. To me that means hunting somewhere other than with OOA!

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My vote is that the Groenewald brothers are scum sucking thieves! I hope both brothers are out of the safari business for good-----but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Alright Adqueen-----so tell us who is the "new" owners? I heard rumors last year that Kevin Anderson owes a piece of it--is that true? shocker

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So Kathi just that name ring a bell? I dont know why she would feel the need to drag you into this.

Happiness is a warm gun