Find
Notify
Tools

Luxury Lodge in Save Valley
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted
I took some friends to the Save Valley a couple months ago, and we had a great Hunt. Actually I had a great time, but the girls we took were a little uncomfortable with the accomodations though they were great by my standards.

They heard from one of the video guys that there was a real 5 star luxury camp in the conservency, possibly run by a German outfit?

Has anyone heard of it, and further would you have any contact information?

Thanks in advance

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I took my wife to the Brooklands Safaris Conscession in the SAVE.

They have a nice lodge with good food. They also have a nice pool.

We stayed in the typical tent with the ensuite bathroom as it was right on the river, and you could see a lot of game there.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
We did the typical thatch with stone floors etc. Very nice I thought, but I think the girls want glass in the window frames etc...Supposedly this place we heard about is brand new, or very new.

Brooklands looked great BTW.

Mark Jackson

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I know what they are talking about. It used to be Lone Star. Paul Tudor Jones bought it and has developed it. If I remember correctly, it is 5 star.

I am drawing a blank on the name. I will send an e mail and find out.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the name is Malilangwe or something like that.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
I found the Pamushana, but it is in the Gonarezhou National Park. Pretty dang swanky.

http://www.expertafrica.com/lodge/Pamushana_Lodge.htm

Mark Jackson

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Could be Zambezi hunters lodge too!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnHunt
posted Hide Post
Sango Ranch run by Zambezi Hunters.

The type of building you get when an billionaire gets motivated.

Posts: 1678 | Registered: 16 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
N'gagi,

I represent Zambezi Hunters on the Save. Their Sango camp is absolutely incredible. If you'd like pix let me know. My clients who have seen it or have stayed there have been stunned. It really is superb. hunting is great also!!!!!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is true that the Sango property is owned by Germans if I recall correctly. It is magnificent and book far in advance.

one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
N'gagi,
I represent Zambezi Hunters on the Save. Their Sango camp is absolutely incredible. If you'd like pix let me know.

That's the place!! Thanks everybody for your help. I knew you'd help me find it. Mark, I sent you an e-mail. I'm not able to make SCI this year, but my friend is eager to talk to you. Some pictures would be great.

Mark Jackson

One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
The Sango Camp is definitely fantastic and is the camp that your friends were referring to(run by a German outfit) It is owned by German but run by Zimbabweans under the able guidance of Dave Goosen. Fantastic Camp.

Senuko is also a beautiful Lodge which is in the process of being rebuilt currently. Mokores Lodge is certainly very very comfortable .

Pamushana is stunning. The property borders Gona Re Zhou . I am not sure how much hunting is being done on the property at the moment

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N'gagi:
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
N'gagi,
I represent Zambezi Hunters on the Save. Their Sango camp is absolutely incredible. If you'd like pix let me know.

That's the place!! Thanks everybody for your help. I knew you'd help me find it. Mark, I sent you an e-mail. I'm not able to make SCI this year, but my friend is eager to talk to you. Some pictures would be great.

I took my wife and sons to Sango in 2009. She absolutely loved staying there. Semd me a PM with your email and I can send lots of pictures of the lodge. The camp managers were Lindsey and Nev Leesmay at that time and they really did a fantastic job with gourmet meals, fine wines and spirits etc.

Clark

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
http://s601.photobucket.com/al...odge%20-%20Zimbabwe/

There it is.

Nice pics, Will. Makes me want to go, bad.. I believe I saw you at the Zambezi Hunters booth in Dallas (recognized you from the hunt report photos) but you were busy helping Jonathan with something or I would have stopped in to introduce myself. Looks like an excellent place to take a family!

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glass in the windows? No frog in the shower? How would you know you were in Africa?

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote