Tools

Go Daddy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Elephant Hunt Controversy Surrounds GoDaddy.com CEO
Updated: Tuesday, 29 Mar 2011, 6:23 PM MDT
Published : Tuesday, 29 Mar 2011, 9:19 AM MDT

PHOENIX - The social network web site Twitter is all abuzz because of a trip GoDaddy.com CEO Bob Parsons went on and a video he posted online.

The video shows Parsons on a trip to Zimbabwe and an elephant hunt he went on.

On the video, Parsons talks about rogue elephants in the African nation and how they cause damage to local crops.

He went on a night hunt and killed an elephant, chronicling the adventure in a 4-minute vacation video.

Five shots from the team lead by Parsons, and the bull elephant went down. Parsons later posed with the animal.

The villagers celebrated the next day as they divided up the meat.

On his blog, Parsons explains that he only hunts where it's regulated.

In these areas, there is no concern about the elephants becoming extinct. In fact, the bigger problem is that there are too many of them, but that's not a good enough reason for the many tweets circulating the web as many people are upset with the hunt.

Many of the tweets are critical of Parsons and some animal rights activists are calling for a boycott. Some people want to know why such a successful businessman would want to use his vacation time to shoot elephants.

One activist called the video a" gruesome elephant snuff film."

FOX 10 talked to Parsons by phone on Tuesday. He told us, "I kind of figured that this might happen. So be it, I'm not ashamed of what I did... all these people that are complaining that this shouldn't happen, that these people who are starving to death otherwise shouldn't eat these elephants, you probably see them driving through at McDonald cutting a steak. These people don't have that option."

Parsons says it was "rewarding" to help the villagers and he plans to go next year.

Director of Conservation at the Wildlife World Zoo in Litchfield Park, Ariz. - Dr. Grey Stafford's statement:

"The human-elephant conflict is real. About 75-100 elephants A DAY have been killed at human hands worldwide over past 40 years. And about one person a day loses their life due to the increasing numbers of conflicts between animals searching for food and poor communities trying to survive. The ever expanding human population on a shrinking planet makes these deadly conflicts more likely in the future and while elephants may "win" a few battles, their species most certainly will lose the war unless we humans change our ways fast. Otherwise the extinction of the largest land animal on earth is inevitable."

"While some hunting organizations are fabulous conservationists (e.g., ducks unlimited), many countries do a poor job of managing their natural resources and wildlife in a sustainable way. Corruption is rampant."

"As for hunting an endangered species, just because something is deemed legal to do, it doesn't mean it is the wisest thing to do. Perhaps those with financial means can fund greater security protection of wildlife parks that are woefully underfunded or pay to relocate troublesome animals away from rural communities. They might even get to fire at an animal using a dart gun but without the lethal consequences. Everybody wins."

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I saw pictures of his trophy room/house in the last Safari magazine. Certainly seems to be a very active hunter, I'm surprised he's managed to keep it so private for so long.

I certainly hope this doesn't hurt his business. I'll certainly use GoDaddy if I need a domain name.

As for this question:
quote:
Some people want to know why such a successful businessman would want to use his vacation time to shoot elephants.

Obviously some people are incapable of logic.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I use Go Daddy for my personal website. Good product and I like supporting a fellow hunter.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A marine combat vet that has made two fortunes should be able to handle some flak. And Danica Patrick is his spokesperson. Hats off to him.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375LVR
posted Hide Post
Can someone get him to join AR. He would find many friends here for sure !

Martin

Posts: 168 | Location: Nokomis Florida | Registered: 15 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
Here is the video:

http://www.theblaze.com/storie...ed-hungry-villagers/

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wooly ESS
posted Hide Post
My art site is hosted by GoDaddy. I made the deicision to use GoDaddy based on strictly business factors and before I realized its president is a serious hunter. Now I'm glad I ended up with GoDaddy, and not only because of the good service.

I wonder how an existing customer can extend his personal support to Parsons?

The truth will set you free,
but first it's gonna piss you off!
www.ceandersonart.com

Posts: 574 | Location: The great plains of southern Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this Ide. More power to Parsons. I am so sick of the arrogance of American liberals trying to impose their "Bambi" view of nature on the rest of the world. 'Just like the self-righteous arrogance of those frickin' "Coexist" bumper stickers - it's just a wee bit more complicated than that.

But, I'm sure the "Director of Conservation" at a zoo in Arizona knows waaaay more about elephants than anybody in Zimbabwe.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
You can go here and post a positive comment concerning his hunt in order to support his right to do so. I invited him to this thread in my comment.

Bob Parson's vblog comments

He is doing a great job of handling the anti's that are posting there.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PETA is on this guys ass now like a hemorrhoid.

Heres a link to the letter PETA sent him, notice the phone number and e-mail of Tracy Reiman Executive Vice President of PETA on the bottom.

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/ne..._peta_parson_TMZ.pdf

Hopefully she gets some kind e-mails and calls.

One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
Maybe, if Kenya is such a stellar example, PETA could explain the depletion the the elephant population there since the 1977 total ban on hunting in that country.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sherrill Philip Neese
posted Hide Post
I work in the IT world. This is not a commercial, Smiler but I have used Go Daddy's products and services on multiple occasions and have highly recommended Go Daddy to numerous customers, colleagues, and friends. His products and services are top notch and he sells them for a great price. (Ignore the girls and the commercials, I don't know why he uses them anyway, as it detracts from the company's credibility.) The Go Daddy website is professional in both looks and use. If you try it, you'll like it.

Anyway, now that I know that he is a hunter, a hunter that hunts in Africa, an African hunter that has whacked a PAC elephant, made a video of it, and posted it on the web and that now PETA is pissed at him.... well... that just makes my day. Cool The geeks are just going to love this! tu2

DSC, DU, MBS, NRA, QDMA, RGS, RMEF, SCI

"Sherrill. Why do you belong to so many organizations?"
"Well... I have this thing for banquets."

Posts: 115 | Location: Millersville, MD | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
You can go here and post a positive comment concerning his hunt in order to support his right to do so. I invited him to this thread in my comment.

Bob Parson's vblog comments

Thanks. Just left a comment.
He is doing a great job of handling the anti's that are posting there.

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This guy completely deserves our support . . . I just wish he would not have surrendered to the compulsion to justify the hunt by saying that he was hunting problem elephants and that he was helping the locals. I would much rather he just say the hunts were legally permissible, conducted legally, and I killed the elephant because I wanted to.

Posts: 184 | Location: Southern Arizona | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ha Go Bob - great gotta love someone who tells it like it is and is not affraid to say " this is what i do and who i am, dont like it well shame"

BTW - i had a good chuckle at the guy in the first couple of seconds at the elephant carcas wearing the GO DADDY cap, i think there were about 10 of them around there.

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
I loved his replies to people both pro and con.

Dear Anita,

PETA rocks, huh? PETA does stand up for flies and mosquitoes. PETA also created a shelter for homeless animals and out of 2300 animals taken in, euthanized or killed over 2200 of them. Want to know why? They did it because they didn't want to spend the money to keep them until such time as they could arrange for adoption.

PETA is mostly about raising money for PETA. That's it.

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VI-Shooter:
This guy completely deserves our support . . . I just wish he would not have surrendered to the compulsion to justify the hunt by saying that he was hunting problem elephants and that he was helping the locals. I would much rather he just say the hunts were legally permissible, conducted legally, and I killed the elephant because I wanted to.

I don't think that's the right approach. he was correct in his explanation, in that they were hunting in almost complete darkness where one could not identify specific animals well, and the elephants were raiding a sorghum field. He flicked on a flashlight and shot the one he could see. Nice double, BTW.

Time magazine online has a very nasty, critical piece, with which I completely disagree, at http://ecocentric.blogs.time.c...addys-ceo-was-wrong/.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pauly3511:
PETA is on this guys ass now like a hemorrhoid.

Heres a link to the letter PETA sent him, notice the phone number and e-mail of Tracy Reiman Executive Vice President of PETA on the bottom.

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/ne..._peta_parson_TMZ.pdf

Hopefully she gets some kind e-mails and calls.

I understand that there are some sincere members of PETA and there will always be Bambi-lovers, but the leadership are completely hypocritical and exploit their misguided feelings. PETA does euthanize animals to an appalling degree, without bothering to find them homes. For the ultimate story on PETA, look up the Penn & Teller video on YouTube. Penn Gillette hates them.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sherrill Philip Neese:
I work in the IT world. This is not a commercial, Smiler but I have used Go Daddy's products and services on multiple occasions and have highly recommended Go Daddy to numerous customers, colleagues, and friends. His products and services are top notch and he sells them for a great price. (Ignore the girls and the commercials, I don't know why he uses them anyway, as it detracts from the company's credibility.) The Go Daddy website is professional in both looks and use. If you try it, you'll like it.

I took your advice went online and purchased a domain. What I really like about GoDaddy is the DIY aspect. One can do all the purchasing payment and technical bits and bobs so easily oneself from the comfort of the rocking chair

I am going to purchase more domains as well

PS: The girls are not a distraction, we all know they help sell products, so if I was conned by them so be it, the main thing is I made a (decision myself) and I'm happy, what more postive action can one take. Opportunities arise every day, take them or be left behind in the dust

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use them for my business and they have been an excellent company.

I had no idea he was a hunter and this only adds to the reasons I will continue to do business with them.

Thanks for posting!

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ass-Bob-Parsons.html
A poorly written article with some stupid comments .Hacking up the elephant ? No butchering it for an important food source .

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VI-Shooter:

I agree. I once had a "chinless wonder" ask, in astonishment, how I could shoot an elephant. I replied that they don't fall down unless you shoot them.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just so no one misundedrstands PETA they are even against people having pets. My daughter who is a great dog person wants nothing to do with PETA. Of course my son and I are members of PETA i e People Eating Tasty Animials. dancing

I just watched the linked video above and I do have to admit the handling of the Elephant carcus was a bit over the top. I know when I killed my PAC or Mgmt bull the butchering scene was much more respectful and controlled. The PH (as part of his duties) supervised the whole butchering process. The villagers waited in line to receive their allotment of meat.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.spiegel.de/internat...,1518,754363,00.html

This attempt to bring reality to children was handled poorly but I cetainly agree that many don't want anything to do with reality ! Frowner

one of us
Picture of Andy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lde:
Elephant Hunt Controversy Surrounds GoDaddy.com CEO

Five shots from the team lead by Parsons, and the bull elephant went down. Parsons later posed with the animal.

There are just two shots on the video link I provided. Both Bobs.

Has anyone else seen more follow up shots? They help the light on spot where elephant bull was for awhile and I did not see any movement.

Andy

Posts: 1278 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
I agree. I once had a "chinless wonder" ask, in astonishment, how I could shoot an elephant. I replied that they don't fall down unless you shoot them.[/QUOTE by Indy]
One takes careful aim with a suitable rifle, then one gently squeezes the trigger. There, job done! Roll Eyes Cool

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well the truth is Zimbabwe and Botswana both have @70,000 to many elephants each.

I have shot seveal elephants in Zimbabwe, and I can say the following...

The locals love and dearly need the meat. And I have eaten some of the meat from every elephant I have shot, and it was good...

They had elephant meat hanging "all about" drying out.

As a bonus I was "gifted" 3 wives for each elephant I shot. dancing

In another couple of years I might be able to win the election as President, for life, of Zimbabwe... Big Grin
If so, I would move there in an instant, it is a beautiful country. The people are really nice.

They just need a President that will "sort" things out...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
To me it doesn't really matter whether the elephant fed the "perpetually starving masses" but to buck up with what you believe in.

So many companies and people capitulate to what they perceive as possible criticism it gets them and this country into untold numbers of problems and down paths from which the US will never recover. You can see that in England.

Three cheers for Bob, a Sarah Palin wannabe. Smiler

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Body of text from an email I sent to Ms. Reiman this morning:

Dear Ms. Reiman,

As usual, PETA has aptly demonstrated its failure to see beyond its own nose concerning Go Daddy CEO Bob Parson's recent elephant hunt. Not everyone in the world views wilflife while wearing its Disney-issued Bambi goggles. In fact, in many African nations wildlife is expected to carry its own weight through human-managed herd population reduction which is largely funded with hunter dollars. However, when Kenya closed its borders to hunting in 1977 the wildlife populations largely crashed and have not recovered. Why do you suppose that is?

Elephants raid farm crops because they seek to eat. And elephants eat a lot on a daily basis. Yet, the facts of life are that someone wins and somene loses. I see no mention by you of the farmer winning, only the elephant. These hunts, if you want to call it that are known as PAC hunts which stands for Problem Animal Control hunt. The local Game Department had already made the decision to shoot at least one of the elephants so why not charge a higher price for a visiting hunter and bring in some much needed funds to the local game department so they may continue their good works, including hunting poachers which are a great threat to elephants everywhere on the continent of Africa.

And what of the local villagers who partook in the animal? Did they not receive protein needed for themselves and their children? Do you know how elephants die in the wild if they are not brought down by lions or hyenas to be eaten alive? They starve to death. Surely, you would rather the elephant die a quicker death by the hunter's bullet would you not? Afterall, your orgainzation is well-versed in death is it not with its high euthaninzation rate at its shelters for homeless animals every year?

At the end, your organization's practice of anthropomorphism does more to hurt animals than it does to help them. Perhaps you ought to orgainze a fact-finding mission to a remote part of an African nation where you can learn how life works rather than imagine how it works from the comfort of an urban office somewhere in America, far from the killing fields. Maybe then your organizaton's perspective may earn a shred of credibility with regard to the African elephant.

Good shooting,

J. LaCourse, Esq.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Bob Parsons is a stand up guy. tu2

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep,
Twitter is on fire about this.

Here's the beautiful irony:
Apparently HSUS has hosted numerous sites through GoDaddy!

Posts: 1274 | Location: Alberta (and RSA) | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsl3170:

Dear Ms. Reiman,

As usual, PETA has aptly demonstrated its failure to see beyond its own nose concerning Go Daddy CEO Bob Parson's recent elephant hunt. Not everyone in the world views wilflife while wearing its Disney-issued Bambi goggles. In fact, in many African nations wildlife is expected to carry its own weight through human-managed herd population reduction which is largely funded with hunter dollars. However, when Kenya closed its borders to hunting in 1977 the wildlife populations largely crashed and have not recovered. Why do you suppose that is?

Elephants raid farm crops because they seek to eat. And elephants eat a lot on a daily basis. Yet, the facts of life are that someone wins and somene loses. I see no mention by you of the farmer winning, only the elephant. These hunts, if you want to call it that are known as PAC hunts which stands for Problem Animal Control hunt. The local Game Department had already made the decision to shoot at least one of the elephants so why not charge a higher price for a visiting hunter and bring in some much needed funds to the local game department so they may continue their good works, including hunting poachers which are a great threat to elephants everywhere on the continent of Africa.

And what of the local villagers who partook in the animal? Did they not receive protein needed for themselves and their children? Do you know how elephants die in the wild if they are not brought down by lions or hyenas to be eaten alive? They starve to death. Surely, you would rather the elephant die a quicker death by the hunter's bullet would you not? Afterall, your orgainzation is well-versed in death is it not with its high euthaninzation rate at its shelters for homeless animals every year?

At the end, your organization's practice of anthropomorphism does more to hurt animals than it does to help them. Perhaps you ought to orgainze a fact-finding mission to a remote part of an African nation where you can learn how life works rather than imagine how it works from the comfort of an urban office somewhere in America, far from the killing fields. Maybe then your organizaton's perspective may earn a shred of credibility with regard to the African elephant.

Good shooting,

J. LaCourse, Esq.

Very well said! beer

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Excellent and articulate statement of the reality of the PAC hunts and the situation for wildlife in Africa.

Of course, it means nothing to PETA. They have their own agenda and truth cannot stand in the way for them. What we need is for this message to find a broader audience.

quote:
Originally posted by jsl3170:

Dear Ms. Reiman,

Good shooting,

J. LaCourse, Esq.

Norman Solberg

One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
It may be wort mentioning that Dr. Bob is in the news again for a pending deal to sell GoDaddy to a group of private equity firms for as much as US $2.5 billion. See The New York Times Dealbook at http://dealbook.nytimes.com/20...k-r-and-silver-lake/. Bob will continue to lead the company.

The article says he almost took the company public in 2006, but could not endure the SEC's mandatory quiet period. <g>

Bob is an extremely positive, outspoken guy and I enjoy that. I follow him on Twitter and check hi blog from time to time. Good luck to him.

Norman Solberg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Watched an interview on Piers Morgan's talk show regarding Mr. Parson's hunt. The bunny hugger presenting the anti-hunter viewpoint (don't remember HSUS? PETA?) said fencing would keep elephants out of crops and was a good non-lethal alternative...

Guess he figured the locals would toodle down to the nearest Tractor Supply and plunk down their lifetime earnings of the entire village, er ah province, to purchase supplies (a generator, transformer and cable perhaps?) to make it happen. I'm sure PETA wouldn't approve of electric fence - only passive fencing that is non-injurious.

But I'm sure PETA is Johnnie-on-the-spot to provide these things to protect the elephant. Nah, just deluded windbags.

Wish these folks would hop a plane and see some reality up close and personal...

one of us
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Poachers would love the fence idea.

Posts: 1046 | Location: Kerrville, Texas USA | Registered: 02 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Acer:
Watched an interview on Piers Morgan's talk show regarding Mr. Parson's hunt. The bunny hugger presenting the anti-hunter viewpoint (don't remember HSUS? PETA?) said fencing would keep elephants out of crops and was a good non-lethal alternative...

Guess he figured the locals would toodle down to the nearest Tractor Supply and plunk down their lifetime earnings of the entire village, er ah province, to purchase supplies (a generator, transformer and cable perhaps?) to make it happen. I'm sure PETA wouldn't approve of electric fence - only passive fencing that is non-injurious.

But I'm sure PETA is Johnnie-on-the-spot to provide these things to protect the elephant. Nah, just deluded windbags.

Wish these folks would hop a plane and see some reality up close and personal...

They're too busy euthanasing dogs and cats. (www.petakillsanimals.com)

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a girl who worked for me as an intern last year that applied for a job with PETA. She went for an interview, and when she returned the next week I asked how it went. She said the "interview" consisted of euthanizing 3 dogs!!!!!

She said she was a firm believer that it was better for a dog to be "humanely" killed rather than to live as a "neglected, abused pet." Not sorry to see her go...

One of Us
Picture of BwanaCole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Indy:

I agree. I once had a "chinless wonder" ask, in astonishment, how I could shoot an elephant. I replied that they don't fall down unless you shoot them.

And its dang hard to eat them standing up!

H. Cole Stage III, FRGS
ISC(PJ), USN (Ret)

"You do not have a right to an opinion. An opinion should be the result of careful thought, not an excuse for it."

Harlan Ellison

" War is God's way to teach Americans geography." Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 378 | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote