Notify
Tools

Bushwack
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
Bushwack

If you want to bash AR folks then can we do it here and not on Tom Ferry's post.

Dunno about others but I find your retorts very disturbing and disrespectful.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bushwack
posted Hide Post
will try not to do it again...my apologies!

Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Patrick Reynecke
Outfitter and Professional Hunter
Bushwack Safaris
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Posts: 291 | Location: North-West Province, South Africa | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
It is not me who requires an apology.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Mr. Bushwack is sincere in his apology. Read this and decide for yourself.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...588/m/2481027181/p/1

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2326 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shameful behavior and business practices by Bushwack.

Why anyone would book a hunt with Bushwack is beyond me.

I wish this thread and others on AR would show up on Google research of Bushwack.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
Shameful behavior and business practices by Bushwack.

Why anyone would book a hunt with Bushwack is beyond me.

I wish this thread and others on AR would show up on Google research of Bushwack.

Mike

+1

Looking back at this old thread it is just another great example of the type of people that are here on AR. I have met some damn fine people here. I guess that excludes Bushwhacker.

Jeff

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup. He has definitely not helped himself here .

If he operated in some serious DG area with 2-3 hunters a year, I could understand it more. But a hunt like the one in question, I just can't comprehend.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it would seem that ar has unearthed another worm

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Not entirely accurate...this worm, Bushwack, unearthed himself. Saeed provides the forum and latitude that allows people like Bushwack to eventually show their true colors.

Karma is a wonderful thing. I hopefully imagine Bushwack's ill temper is directly related to the after effects of his treatment of the fine gentleman Carolinasman, God rest his soul.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:

Karma is a wonderful thing. I hopefully imagine Bushwack's ill temper is directly related to the after effects of his treatment of the fine gentleman Carolinasman, God rest his soul.

+1

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bushwack
posted Hide Post
i don't think my case was much different from the other cases explained on the forum lately...option was given to accommodate the hunter!

Buzz Charlton:
Not to hijack the thread though it can be tough for the operator regards cancelled hunts-an example a fellow has booked a 16 day leopard buff hunt with us starting in a few months time. The camp has been allocated/ PH given his days and now the client has cancelled as he says that a unexpected payment came up for him. Normally we would return his deposit ( against what our contract says) as we normally have a waiting list for leopard- However this year is not a good year with Dallas been the a very slow show with the oil prices which have affected our Canadian and Russian markets also and as a result we may be stuck with that leopard. We offered to roll his deposit to 2016 but he is extremely unhappy with us and feels that we have treated him unfairly! We still hope to sell the leopards in Vegas in which case we will return his deposit otherwise we will stick to our guns regarding rolling his deposit to 2016!

Intreprid Safaris:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...1411043/m/9641098702

Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Patrick Reynecke
Outfitter and Professional Hunter
Bushwack Safaris
Box 1736
Rustenburg

North West Province
South Africa
www.bushwacksafaris.co.za
Cell: +27 82 773 4099
Email: bushwacksafaris@vodamail.co.za

Posts: 291 | Location: North-West Province, South Africa | Registered: 17 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Bushwack, you certainly are an peculiar fellow.

You are obviously persona non grata here, yet you persist in defending your actions over not refunding a dying man his deposit and insisting his only option is to roll it over until next year is a somehow honorable way to deal with a terminal cancer patient?

What drives that in you?

Guilt?
Greed?
Antisocial Personality disorder?
Masochist?
Or perhaps, just a run of-the-mill internet troll?

Oh well, get on with your trolling, defense, rationalizations, excuses, outbursts or other assorted tirades.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bushwack:
i don't think my case was much different from the other cases explained on the forum lately...option was given to accommodate the hunter!

Buzz Charlton:
Not to hijack the thread though it can be tough for the operator regards cancelled hunts-an example a fellow has booked a 16 day leopard buff hunt with us starting in a few months time. The camp has been allocated/ PH given his days and now the client has cancelled as he says that a unexpected payment came up for him. Normally we would return his deposit ( against what our contract says) as we normally have a waiting list for leopard- However this year is not a good year with Dallas been the a very slow show with the oil prices which have affected our Canadian and Russian markets also and as a result we may be stuck with that leopard. We offered to roll his deposit to 2016 but he is extremely unhappy with us and feels that we have treated him unfairly! We still hope to sell the leopards in Vegas in which case we will return his deposit otherwise we will stick to our guns regarding rolling his deposit to 2016!

Intreprid Safaris:

Bushwack you are pathetic in using Buzz as cover for your actions of not refunding a terminal cancer patients $2400 deposit.

I checked your website - you are as much a professional hunter as a golf pro and photo safari operator. You are basically a run of the mill tourist operator. You don't have the risk of hunting in remote country or hunting only a few high dollar price safaris. Still you decided to screw a dying man out of $2400.

The action and your behavior on AR shows clearly that you are in my books not a person to having any financial dealings with.

It is still beyond me that you as a person selling tourist vacations would continue on this website and to the general public show that you are shallow, arrogant, un-compassionate and solely focused on screwing your clients.

Now I need to figure a way to show your behavior to a dying client and on AR to people doing a google search on Bushwack.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever see Bushwack at DSC or SCI or any of the shows ?

Mike

One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bushwack:
i don't think my case was much different from the other cases explained on the forum lately...

Comparing Buzz's high dollar DG hunt to a run of the mill PG hunt in this situation is beyond ridiculous. What expenditures did you incur before the hunt justifying your refusal to refund? Perhaps groceries....or did you plan to just buy those on the way to the farm?

Further, your link to the thread about the client demanding his deposit back due to Ebola is highly misplaced. If you read that thread, it seems the client did receive his refund. Other companies apparently sometimes refund deposits to clients with, at best, wishy washy excuses. However, for the likes of you, cancer doesn't quite cut the mustard. What a shame this all is. Making all PHs and outfitters look bad and certainly making clients all the more reluctant to spend their hard earned money.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bushwack:

Buzz Charlton:

Intreprid Safaris:

Bushwack - You need to compare apples with apples!

You've certainly paid yourself or your companies reputation, zero favours in the manner in which you've dealt with this issue

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
interesting, a poster starts a thread asking for info about the possibility of a refunded deposit due to his wife taking ill. Cal Pappas relates the question to a previous instance posted here where the clients deposit was not refunded (apparently much to the consternation of many posters). Tendrams then names that operator as Bushwack and the posters pile on. Apparently, Saeed had not informed Bushwack that he had lost the right to defend himself because he had the gall to appear and begin stating his case again. Then Fairgame posts this thread requesting Bushwack cease and desist. I thought Cal and Tendrams were the ones who started the poop slinging? This place has grown the tendency to go from 0 - ridiculous at the speed of light.

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Personally, I want to see more of Bushwack's arguments in his own defense. They are both entertaining and highly informative.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What option was given the hunter?
HE HAD TERMINAL CANCER! Offering to roll it to the next year is not an option to a DIEING man.
You should absolutely be ashamed of yourself.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
When someone repeatedly shows you what type of person they are...believe them.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
interesting, a poster starts a thread asking for info about the possibility of a refunded deposit due to his wife taking ill. Cal Pappas relates the question to a previous instance posted here where the clients deposit was not refunded (apparently much to the consternation of many posters). Tendrams then names that operator as Bushwack and the posters pile on. Apparently, Saeed had not informed Bushwack that he had lost the right to defend himself because he had the gall to appear and begin stating his case again. Then Fairgame posts this thread requesting Bushwack cease and desist. I thought Cal and Tendrams were the ones who started the poop slinging? This place has grown the tendency to go from 0 - ridiculous at the speed of light.

Mate I thought Bushwack's comments on Tom's thread was out of order considering the sensitive nature of the post. I felt the venting needed another place.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, the first post that brought up something out of order was not bushwack's, but Cal Pappas'. It seems to me that you are just attempting to resurect a bushwack bashing session. If you have a problem with him, take it up via pm. As has been said by others, this sort of crap is what drives people away from a message board. I have said my piece and will not bother you folks who love to bash others again. I will just ignore you. One thing is for sure. It is fairly easy to identify those with whom I have no intention of booking a trip based upon the type of posting they do here.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:
Actually, the first post that brought up something out of order was not bushwack's, but Cal Pappas'. It seems to me that you are just attempting to resurect a bushwack bashing session. If you have a problem with him, take it up via pm. As has been said by others, this sort of crap is what drives people away from a message board. I have said my piece and will not bother you folks who love to bash others again. I will just ignore you. One thing is for sure. It is fairly easy to identify those with whom I have no intention of booking a trip based upon the type of posting they do here.

Here we go again.

If you do not do it my way, I won't come here again!

What had Cal done wrong??

He has posted an example of how NOT to treat a client.

What is wrong with that?

Bushwack had exactly the same freedom as Cal or anyone else to state his case.

If any of you wish to see us as administrator limit what one can and cannot post, you are in the wrong place.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by muttleysgone:

Here we go again.

What is wrong with that?

If any of you wish to see us as administrator limit what one can and cannot post, you are in the wrong place.

Saeed,

I think it must be a Pennsylvania thing.

Jeff

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mate I thought Bushwack's comments on Tom's thread was out of order considering the sensitive nature of the post. I felt the venting needed another place.

I do not disagree, my observation was that it was not bushwack, rather Cal and Tendrams who "derailed" the thread. I was also expressing dismay that some are shocked and even offended that bushwack defended himself when he was called out by name on a thread that had nothing to do with him.
quote:
Here we go again.

What is wrong with that?

I do not disagree that Cal or Tendrams can post whatever they want, and my statement to you limiting bushwack's freedom was made with sarcasm as I have seen you speak on this issue before, yet it would seem some here want just that. I would prefer that everyone let these "discussions" go where they go, be they moderators or posters. This place has a tendency to be like a hunting camp, there are a few idiots, a few know it alls, a few controversial carachters, a few peace makers and a few grumpy old men who want boss everyone around and then throw a fit when they are not obeyed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:

I interpreted your post as "let's not hijack the original thread." Seems reasonable to me.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:

I do not disagree, my observation was that it was not bushwack, rather Cal and Tendrams who "derailed" the thread.

Frankly, to a certain extent, I agree with you and I apologize. Ask my wife, that is something I don't do very often. Smiler

That original thread should have stayed about the issue at hand and while I think it is relevant to bring up past events, it is probably not productive to do so by name. That said...this is a new thread and everyone should be free to post as they please. For me, I think bushwhack should be encouraged to post as much as possible because, as they say, there is no disinfectant quite so effective as sunlight.

Best,

John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwana cecil:
quote:

What option was given the hunter?
HE HAD TERMINAL CANCER! Offering to roll it to the next year is not an option to a DIEING man.
You should absolutely be ashamed of yourself.

Agreed. I can't imagine how he can sleep with that on his conscience. The main reason I don't post on another African Hunting site is that they accept his advertising and delete anything posted about the Carolinasman incident.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
. . . and delete anything posted about the Carolinasman incident.

Are you kidding? They actively manage the postings to maintain a facade that this never happened?

Mike

Posts: 21695 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

Are you kidding? They actively manage the postings to maintain a facade that this never happened?

This is the norm with sites that accept adverts Mike.

I have had experience where my recommending a Ph that does advertise, and was told off for doing it.

Basically I was told that those who pay to advertise are the only ones one can recommend.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

Mike,

I don't post there, but in the aftermath of the Carolinasman debacle someone posted here on AR that that was the case. I forget who it was, maybe they can chime in if they see this.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can someone name the website in question?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Can someone name the website in question?

Larry

I think its africahunter.com - I am a member but I rarely go on it - screen is cluttered with South African hunting specials.

Bushwack has some serious marketing issues (and I am no marketing expert) - if you are selling a highly discretionary consumption service - don't call potential clients assh*les.

If one sells financial services, legal servies, commodity products or a billion other things - feel free to be a jerk on AR. But if one is in the business of selling hunting related service to AR members just from a business point of view makes sense to be very neutral and non offensive.

This ranting about free speech is a little tiring too. This is Saeed's website - his private property. There is no real right to go rant and rave on someone else private property. Saeed generously have given a political forum to confined AR's lunatic fringe. Again this is my opinion not some right I have.

Besides this website is so damn good (maybe be a bit harsh at times) in exposing all the frauds and charlatans in the hunting and safari business.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bushwhack,

If you want a win-win here -- if that's still possible, what if you refunded the man his deposit and donated the hunt at DSC or SCI. Then you get to be the good guy -- it doesn't appear many here would vote for you for dogcatcher now, and this is your target market!!! -- you get to do a nice thing for someone who needs it, and it might just feel good too.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Bushwhack,

If you want a win-win here -- if that's still possible, what if you refunded the man his deposit and donated the hunt at DSC or SCI. Then you get to be the good guy -- it doesn't appear many here would vote for you for dogcatcher now, and this is your target market!!! -- you get to do a nice thing for someone who needs it, and it might just feel good too.

Regardless of any attempt at reconciliation I reckon he's burnt his bridges good and proper this time round.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Regardless of any attempt at reconciliation I reckon he's burnt his bridges good and proper this time round.

I agree fujo, but sometimes doing the right thing is the 1st step in healing ones own soul rather than trying to impress others in some way.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bushwhack:

Why not come on here and tell us what you decided?

That explanation may well make you or break you.

Posts: 10328 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:
In my few years here I have noticed the AR men can be vicious when it is warranted. Remember Eric Leeton's rifle barrels? We pulled for Eric and he got the situation straightened out when the crook of a gunsmith received numerous calls.

AR can be very forgiving, too.

If I remember correctly, Bushwack would not give the refund when asked by a dying man. He was offered a future hunt which was not in the client's plans. We at AR, and a generous PH in South Africa, offerd to make a hunt for him happen if he beat the cancer and still wanted to go. We offered this to help an unfortunate gent. Bushwack was silent. No compassion. Nothing. No condolences upon the man's passing from the cancer.

I honestly believe if Bushwack came here offering his apologies and perhaps a check of the deposit to the man's widow or family, all would have been forgotten here.

But, no. Now Bushwack comes here cussing and swearing like an uneducated and greedy bastard. No doubt he has further damaged his reputation here and it will be impossible for him to book a hunt. He may wait a year or two, but when he posts someone here will recall his attitude, foul language, and his unfathomable separation of the letter of the law and the spirit of the law.

As the old saying is so manifested here: Pride Goeth Before a Fall.

In recalling AR's support of Carolinasman, I am proud to be among you. It is an honor.

And to Bushwack: I hope the man's deposit enriched you well and it was worth what you have lost here. Just curious--how much was it? 1-2-3000$?
Cheers, all.
Cal

PS. And Saeed, I appreciate even more you having an open forum after being unable to post comments on an Alaska forum of a flight service that charged me for a flight it did not take. We may disagree with the Mark Sullivan issue(s), you still have the best forum on the planet.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Gentlemen:
In my few years here I have noticed the AR men can be vicious when it is warranted. Remember Eric Leeton's rifle barrels? We pulled for Eric and he got the situation straightened out when the crook of a gunsmith received numerous calls.

AR can be very forgiving, too.

If I remember correctly, Bushwack would not give the refund when asked by a dying man. He was offered a future hunt which was not in the client's plans. We at AR, and a generous PH in South Africa, offerd to make a hunt for him happen if he beat the cancer and still wanted to go. We offered this to help an unfortunate gent. Bushwack was silent. No compassion. Nothing. No condolences upon the man's passing from the cancer.

I honestly believe if Bushwack came here offering his apologies and perhaps a check of the deposit to the man's widow or family, all would have been forgotten here.

But, no. Now Bushwack comes here cussing and swearing like an uneducated and greedy bastard. No doubt he has further damaged his reputation here and it will be impossible for him to book a hunt. He may wait a year or two, but when he posts someone here will recall his attitude, foul language, and his unfathomable separation of the letter of the law and the spirit of the law.

As the old saying is so manifested here: Pride Goeth Before a Fall.

In recalling AR's support of Carolinasman, I am proud to be among you. It is an honor.

And to Bushwack: I hope the man's deposit enriched you well and it was worth what you have lost here. Just curious--how much was it? 1-2-3000$?
Cheers, all.
Cal

PS. And Saeed, I appreciate even more you having an open forum after being unable to post comments on an Alaska forum of a flight service that charged me for a flight it did not take. We may disagree with the Mark Sullivan issue(s), you still have the best forum on the planet.

Well said Cal. From helping injured PH's to identifying bad apples the AR community is both generous and invaluable.

Jeff