THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Kudos: Ross Seyfried, Tony Makris, Bob Parsons for NRA publication Elephant article

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kudos: Ross Seyfried, Tony Makris, Bob Parsons for NRA publication Elephant article
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Today I received my copy of the NRA's America's 1st Freedom magazine which is a 3rd option magazine in addition to The American Rifleman and The American Hunter magazines offered with membership. In it there is an article by Ross Seyfried titled "of Elephants and Mice and Men" with a sidebar article by Tony Makris titled "Hollywood Fantasy vs. African Reality" . Ross describes the attack by PETA on Bob Parsons, CEO of Go Daddy for his hunting of a crop raiding bull elephant. The topic was discussed here previously and there was strong support for Bob by AR members.

See:Go Daddy

Ross cites Bob as a friend and "one of the family" and supports his hunt and goes on to describe his views on elephant hunting and the sheer nonsense and stupidity of PETA. It is Ross's typical well written and crafted prose. He ends the article by issuing a challenge to PETA to "put your money where your mouth is and do something that really matters".

In the sidebar article Tony Makris also cites Bob as a friend and goes on to discuss the fantasy world view that many have on the state of the African Elephant as provided by the Hollywood/Disney crowd and how it is so far from African reality that it is egregious.

Both authors give good points and make a strong case based on their reality of hunting Elephants and seeing the first hand benefits to Africans. The article is short and to the point and while it is of course directed to hunters and shooters in a focused topic magazine, it gives some good ammunition to hold in your reserve when confronted by those in the dark.

I urge you to check out a copy of the article if you can.

Thanks
Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Good Post on an issue that many folks don't seem to really grasp.

PETA the HSUS and their assorted affiliates, don't care about scientific, empirical evidence in regards to the use of controlled sport hunting as a management tool for wild animal popujations or the boost to the economy that such practice brings in.

First, Last, Period, those organizations want ALL hunting of any kind, anywhere, for all animal species stopped, and they do not care how many species will go extinct because of that closure.

Or how the various economies in the areas where hunting is done will suffer. These people flat do not care about anything other than to control other people and stop them from doing something they enjoy.

How many hunters and fishermen or their immediate families do you or anyone else know of that support the HSUS or even your local humane societies?

These folks have worked for years under the guise of trying to help the pet population. They have taken in huge amounts of money and have developed major political clout across party lines.

We all love our pets, but because of that weakness of the human condition, these folks have gained real political power and influence.

How many of us have taken the time to read PETA's manifesto for their concept of the future.

In reality, everything PETA wants to see happen are the exact same things HSUS wants.

PETA is just a stooge front spouting off radical rhetoric that is so off the wall, that the seeming level headed and knowledgeable, caring message the parent company HSUS, convinces people to turn loose of money to suppport HSUS seemingly benign message.

PETA members are basically shills that thru their off the wall, radical grandstanding, bring in million of dollars to the HSUS.

Not meaning to be on such a rant, but I see too many hunters/fishermen/ranchers/farmers/Pet Owners etc. that just do not realize or believe how evil the HSUS and all its minions are and how much damage they are going to inflict on all these folks over the next few years.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
CHC,
Another good post. And as a veterinarian...I second his comments...do NOT support HSUS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37790 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Reed:
Today I received my copy of the NRA's America's 1st Freedom magazine which is a 3rd option magazine in addition to The American Rifleman and The American Hunter magazines offered with membership. In it there is an article by Ross Seyfried titled "of Elephants and Mice and Men" with a sidebar article by Tony Makris titled "Hollywood Fantasy vs. African Reality" . Ross describes the attack by PETA on Bob Parsons, CEO of Go Daddy for his hunting of a crop raiding bull elephant. The topic was discussed here previously and there was strong support for Bob by AR members.

See:Go Daddy

Ross cites Bob as a friend and "one of the family" and supports his hunt and goes on to describe his views on elephant hunting and the sheer nonsense and stupidity of PETA. It is Ross's typical well written and crafted prose. He ends the article by issuing a challenge to PETA to "put your money where your mouth is and do something that really matters".

In the sidebar article Tony Makris also cites Bob as a friend and goes on to discuss the fantasy world view that many have on the state of the African Elephant as provided by the Hollywood/Disney crowd and how it is so far from African reality that it is egregious.

Both authors give good points and make a strong case based on their reality of hunting Elephants and seeing the first hand benefits to Africans. The article is short and to the point and while it is of course directed to hunters and shooters in a focused topic magazine, it gives some good ammunition to hold in your reserve when confronted by those in the dark.

I urge you to check out a copy of the article if you can.

Thanks
Paul

I've always enjoyed Ross's writing. He's a hell of a nice guy as well, and probably the most interesting person you will ever meet. I've only had brief face to face meetings with him, but have spoken to him in length on the phone many times. He's definitely one of the good guys, I'll have to pick the article up as I don't get this publication at the office.

Good post Paul.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And still Telly channels like VERSUS allow HSUS to advertise with their poor beaten puppies and kitties ads....

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote