THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    New Hunt Report Has Been Added In Addition To The Videos
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Hunt Report Has Been Added In Addition To The Videos
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Good to hear the One-Shot Walter is having success. beer

I look forward to pictures.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
Congrats to everyone, one shot Walter as well nice going on the Sitatunga. thumb

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One Shot Walter!! thumb That's great, I'm glad to see his marksmanship is dead on this year.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Walter Moja one-ups Bwana Moja, Marc Watts. clap

Besides all the one-shot kills, Walter's videos feature realtime slapstick comedy, nothing scripted, all ad lib, REAL!!! And crossdressing too.

Hope to see a series of "Walter Moja" videos for sale soon.
dancing

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted Hide Post
What a trip im getting sick i need to go hunting soon

congrats Walter

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andy
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

At what range do you sight in your .375 x 404?

And what power on your scope are you using for buffalo vs PG?

Great shooting!

Andy

Posts: 1278 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of slimtim
posted Hide Post
Saeed and Walter,

Thank you for the entertainment.

Posts: 137 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I for one am proud of Walter! Nice job old man!!! clap

Keep up the good work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
I for one am proud of Walter! Nice job old man!!! clap

Keep up the good work.

Yep, I'll second that! Good job one shot!!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Please pass on our congratulations to Walter on achieving a better shot to kill ratio than yourself!! stir

Thanks for all the posts and pictures, I'm looking forward to the next instalment!!

jumping

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
With Walter's track record on this hunt, his HEAD should be much, much LARGER than Saeed's hands! dancing dancing dancing

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well, this has been quite an exciting day.

We left early as usual, looked at our croc baits, all have been finished, but no shootable croc was in sight.
Decided to go look for buffalo. Found the tracks of a herd. and four hours later we had not got sight of them.
While driving, we surprised an old dugga boy which was sleeping 20 yards from the truck.

He jumped up in surprise, and came around the tree he was sleeping under to look at us. We thought he might charge the truck. He did not, but just turned and ran off. We all jumped out of the truck, surprised at how lucky we are, and ran after the bull.
A few minutes later we saw him looking back at us at a slight angle. I tried to put the bullet under his horns into his chest, but he seemed to move his head as I shot. He dropped in his tracks, and we ran up to him. He got up tried to run, and fell down again. He seemed like he was drunk. I fired two shots at him, both in the chest, and a final one into his neck, breaking it.
He dropped. We found that my first bullet had hit him in the head just under the horns, got out on the rear side of the horns, got into his neck, out again, and into his body.
This seemed to have stunned him enough that he could not run at all.

We loaded him up and went back to camp. Had lunch, then went to check our hippo, to see if any large croc might have come.
We found the vultures feeding on him, and 3 smaller crocs in the water. We estimated them to be about 10 feet each. We sat there and waited. Alan said they might try to come out of the water as the sun goes down, which in tunr might attract a bigger croc to show himself.
Just before sun down, they started to come out of the water as Alan said they would. None seemed of a shootable size.
Then we saw one coming to the shore, and from the rear his width looked at least twice the width of the others. We kept an eye on him from about 100 yards. He got out of the water, and we could immediately see that he was massive compared to the others. There was one croc in front of him, and one behind him at the hippo. As the one in front moved out of the way, I put a bullet into his neck, as he was facing away from us. Hoping the bullet will pass through the brain. He did not move at the shot, and suddenly all his head was covered in blood.

We were across the river from him, and the only way to cross is by boat. We radioed our camp, and asked for the banana boat to come. Soon the boat arrived, and we crossed the river to our croc. By this time the sune had gone down, and it was dark. Dale, our camp manager, came along with the boat. We sent our truck back to camp, and asked them to tell our other driver - who is on the side of the river where the croc is - to come with helpers to load the croc.
I need to explain something here. We are hunting two concessions, seperated by the Malagarasi River. There is no crossingh for the truck except at a place 150 kms away. So we have cars on both sides of the river, and use boats to get to our camp. The croc is on the other side of the river than the camp.

After seeing the croc, and deciding that the banana boat was not big enough to carry it, we sent the boat back, asking the driver to bring the bigger boat. This one is a modified air boat, made of aluminium.

There we were, in the middle of a swamp, full of mosquitoes and blue bottle flies feeding off the rotting hippo. We had some mosquito repellent, which worked great, otherwise we would have been in a rather miserable situation.
The driver got lost, and we could see his headlights over the papyrus waving all over the place.
Eventually both him and the boat arrived, and with considerable effort, we loaded the croc onto the boat.
We got back to camp at 10.30 in the evening.
Had dinner and hit the sack. We slept late, and took pictures of our croc.
Left the camp about 10, and drove around looking for buffalo. We saw no tracks at all, and returned back to camp for lunch.
In the afternoon we took the boat and went down river with Walter, Rene and Dwight. We sent our truck ahead to meet us down river. There we left the boat, and went looking for a reedbuck.
We found literally dozens, but no shootable bull.
On the way to camp we saw a herd of topi, and shot one.

We heard a lion calling last night, and we thought we would try to see if we can find his tracks. But, as the ground is rather hard, and grass everywhere, we so no sign of him.
We also wanted to full fill Walters requirement of shooting something "BBQable" as hge put it.
He wanted us to shoot a small animal that he could BBQ whole.
After lunch we found a nice one, and I shot him. We skinned, gutted and split him down the middle on the spot, ready for Walter to do his magic on.

On the way to camp we spotted 3 warthogs feeding, one of which looked enormous in body.

We stalked him and shot him. Roy said it was the largest body warty he has ever seen. It must have weighed about 200 pounds.
Continued to our camp, and got rained on.

Had a great guinea fowl dinner.

Went out this morning on our last day.

We found a herd of buffalo and followed them. An hour later we caught up with them, and managed to get a very old bull.

Left the trackers to skin him, and walked back to the truck. On the way we saw a herd of topi, and shot one bull out of it.

Went back to camp to have lunch, and prepare for the shooting competition in the afternoon.

Walter and Nelson went fishing.

I have literally thousands of photoes, and will prepare my hunt report once I get home.

We leave the camp tomorrow morning heading for Dar. Walter and me get home about mid-night. Dwight catches a flight out of Dubai a couple of hours after we land, and heads home. Nelson has a few hours lay over in Dubai, then catches his flight to his home.

An absolutely great time was had by everyone, as usual.

One could not have hoped for better hunting partners, PHs and the staff of the 3 camps we hunted out of were fantastic.

Dale Right was our hard working camps manager, and he managed to get everything better than we could have hoped for.

This despite all of Walters shinanigans.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67021 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 67021 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pictures and updates. Sounds like a great time.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a successful hunt! I'm happy to see the Vincent's had the witch doctor put Walters head back in normal perspective!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigBullet
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Really beautiful trophies!!!

BigBullet

"Half the FUN of the travel is the esthetic of LOSTNESS" Ray Bradbury
https://www.facebook.com/Natal...443607135825/?ref=hl

Posts: 1212 | Location: Lorraine, NY New York's little piece of frozen tundra | Registered: 05 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice Saeed very very nice stories and photos.

That is a good looking croc!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful croc. Looks like he walked out of the zoo!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a hunt, and what a report. Thanks so much for the report and the pictures. I just realized how much I miss Africa and Tanzania. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, wonderful to be able to accompany you and crew again.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KUDUBULL
posted Hide Post
Saeed
Love the stories and the photos!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing everything!

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063

Posts: 321 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report. Look forward to more pictures. Only been gone a couple of months and I too miss it terribly.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
What a trip! Continued success to all!
David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
What a hunting trip!!!
Even Walter collected great trophies!
What is a machan? A boat, dugout? Google did not help.
Saeed, could you give us an accounting of the trophies you took on this trip?
More photos please!!
Jeff in Texas

When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a raised platform, usually made out of poles and string and grass thatch. They are used in hunting sitatunga in the swamp (as well as other species, including cats)

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Great report! That`s a fine bag of trophies! Roan, sable, sitatunga.. Wow!

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Saeed, excellent report and super photos... looking forward to the rest...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto Mike.
Thanks for the vicarious thrills.

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm new to this site and absolutely love it. Saeed, shukran habeeb.

Posts: 87 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report and pictures, Saeed. I forgot where I was when I finished, and thought that I was still in Africa with Walter! Much better than dreaming.

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
It's funny to see how much Saeed enjoys wacking those poor topis Cool

They suffer him every year !!!

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What a lovely sitatunga! Congratulations!

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Moyowosi Hunt Report Part 1

Wow...great pictures as always.

And you didn't waste any time putting them up.

Congrats on another great hunt.

Don

Posts: 26543 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Moyowosi Hunt Report Part 1

Wow...great pictures as always.

And you didn't waste any time putting them up.

Congrats on another great hunt.

Don

I actually selected the photos while we were on the hunt, and re-sized them and named them on the plane.

Everyone was asleep on the flight back, except me. And half an hour before landing, I could hardly keep my eyes open!

Then got home, and stayed up till 3 in the morning. had 2 hours of sleep, then Hessa wakes me up at 5.

The night before I was up at three as well, getting quite excited at going home to the family.

Night before last, I had a long 9 hours sleep, to charge my batteries.

Back to normal now.

Or what one might call normal, being with Walter.

He lost his binoculars about a dozen times while on safari.

He lost his hat a few times, blaming everyone of hiding it. He then finds it in his suitcase in his tent - and remembered putting there himself!

He went fishing the day before we left, and managed to forget his camra in the boat.

We only knew this as we arrived at our bush air strip.

Alan promised to mail it to him.
Walter then realized he had forgotten his camera charger too!

We managed to convince him to leave the camera for Alan then.

At least it won't get lost any more!

Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Awesome pictures Saeed!! Glad you guys had such a fantastic time.

Looking forward to your video. Big Grin

Cheers
Chris

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Wonderful report, Saeed!
Thank you for sharing.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Would you go back to that area again?

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,