Find
Notify
Tools

What Do You Think Of This Idea
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I made the mistake of downloading the video of the buffalo, lion and croc fight in Kruger from Youtube.

I showed it to Walter, and spent the rest of the afternoon showing it to every visitor we had.

The outcome of this was he had a moment of inspiration!

He has decided to invent the perfect camouflage for hunting in Africa.

He is going to make himself a suite of mirrors and wear it.

He says that will make him totally invisible to all the creatures looking at him.

If any of you wish to place an order, please do so immediately.

He thinks he is going to be inundated with them!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I just don't know what to say.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
I suppose if you would like to put alight all the veldt go ahead.

Great Idea

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I have seen photos of a great goose blind made out of mirrors and full body "stuffed" geese as decoys.

I have also seen photos of an "outhouse" made out of one-way mirrors (you can see out but not in) in some city's park.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
Here it is

http://www.sportclimbers.com/stalkerindex.htm

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 884 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Smoke and mirrors, hmmm, but Walter forgets one thing, stink, smell....He has to get rid of the scent. Game doesn't have to see you to know you are there. archer

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep. The mirror blind has been around for a while. But you will have to call Walter the PREDATOR if he comes up with a suite. And we'll have to get Ahnold Shwarzenegger to hunt him lik in the movie. That would make some good video.

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Every Royal Court needs a jester.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seeing what he did to that rifle stock, my guess is that the suit would be of two way mirrors aligned in the wrong direction...

Also, I hope he has accounted for the possibility that, even if he gets the mirrors right, a large beast, upon seeing its own reflection, might mistake the wearer for an aggressive challenger.

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Manion:
Seeing what he did to that rifle stock, my guess is that the suit would be of two way mirrors aligned in the wrong direction...

Also, I hope he has accounted for the possibility that, even if he gets the mirrors right, a large beast, upon seeing its own reflection, might mistake the wearer for an aggressive challenger.

We are trying to persuade him to try it first on a troop of baboons clap

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are trying to persuade him to try it first on a troop of baboons

He can probably perform that test without the use of mirrors-a little blue paint applied to his backside, and there you go. Big Grin

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

We are trying to persuade him to try it first on a troop of baboons clap

I admit it! I laughed out loud at that comment!!

jumping

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What could possibly go wrong?

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT YOU DISLIKED WALTER.

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its trouble waiting to happen. If he was to lose hold of it while releveing him self, how would he be able to find the correct one? I have had enough beer to see two before,but with a mirrored suit he may see a half a dozen or so>

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Flexibility might be a problem. Has he thought about tin foil?

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I made the mistake of downloading the video of the buffalo, lion and croc fight in Kruger from Youtube.

OK, I give, how did you download it? I have been trying to see the video from youtube for a week now and I can never get it to come all of the way thru with out the computer locking up?

Posts: 61 | Location: OH | Registered: 16 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
It will be too noisy. Like a wind chime. Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When he figures out the scent part of the equation, I might think about it.

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
I rember Ann Margret wearing a dress of mirrors.
Looked GOOD on her. Walter shocker

animal

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I do not wish to disparage yourself or Walther, but perhaps he should back off of the mind altering substances.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rhydet:
quote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

OK, I give, how did you download it? I have been trying to see the video from youtube for a week now and I can never get it to come all of the way thru with out the computer locking up?

You could have a problem withyour connection, or computer.

I have never had any of our computers hang up while watching youtube.

Copy and paste the video link into Keepvi here

And safe the video to your hard disk.

Then you can watch it or share it with anyone you wish anytime.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 308Sako:
Saeed, I do not wish to disparage yourself or Walther, but perhaps he should back off of the mind altering substances.

Yesterday, as he left early in the evening, he took a scuba tank with him. He was supposed to have it filled up with air, which we use to charge air rifles cylinders with.

Of course, Walter HAD to do something.

Apparently he taped a piece of plastic close to the air outlet on the tank, then hid the tank in the bushes, and opened the valve.

Sweesh, SWEESH, sweesh, SWEESH.

He then called everyone he could find, and asked them to look for the hissing snake!

I did not know what was going on, as we left the workshop together, and I went upstairs to my family.

My wife was looking through the window, could see Walter with his gathering, but did not know what was going on either.

She said "What is Walter up to now?"
I said "I have no idea, but, I better go down and have a look"

As soon as got down, and saw everyone trying their best to look into the undergrowth looking for the hissing snake.

I knew what he had done, so left them and went back in. A few minutes later the air in the tank finished, and Walter "discovered" the tank he claimed I had hidden to scare him!

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
We are trying to persuade him to try it first on a troop of baboons

He can probably perform that test without the use of mirrors-a little blue paint applied to his backside, and there you go. Big Grin

The paint needs to go on his face. Then have Walter get on all fours and walk backwards. Voila, instant baboon. Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
I field tested those stalking shields several years ago..... maybe 10 or so. I still have a couple of them. I was very skeptical but after playing with them they seemed to have worked???
If you have a wind of any kind forget it, and they were a bit small for my big ole butt to get behind. You had to watch out for the sun also.
I stalked hogs and javalina and you can really get close..... but than what??? I was bow hunting and you had to set it down, thats when I had a problem with my big ole butt.
I swear, you could set one up in the middle of a road and everyone would run right over it! You angle them slightly down at the top and they reflect what is in front of it. Really kind cool???

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
let me get this straight here...you are going to make walter into a disco ball...who is going to suspend and spin him while abba's "dancing queen" is playing??? is disco deadly to dangerous game???

you could troll walter in a boat for shark fishing...sounds like it will make a great lure...

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27608 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
I can imagine Walther designing the suit ant taking it out for its inaugural hunt, only to find that everyone can see him but he'made evrything else invisible!!

Ah the confusion!! Smiler

FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 2031 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote