THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hog Hunt Raffle to help injured PH Bossie Mostert (with special guest Ivan Carter)
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hog Hunt Raffle to help injured PH Bossie Mostert (with special guest Ivan Carter)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tysue:
From what I've understood, PayPal is anti fun and anti hunting. Not that the service the provide is not good. who do we do a PP to?

Brad@hempkins.com

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mark Clark. Funds received!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For any, or all, of you wondering what Larry is like to hunt with, I hunted quail and hogs at his place several years back. We killed one nice, big hog and more quail than you shake a stick at! The accomodations were very nice, the food was outstanding, and the company was very entertaining. All at Larry's expense. Got up early, had a nice breakfast, went out quail hunting, came back in and had a great lunch and then went back out for hog hunting in the evening. In the 2 morning hunts, the 3 of us killed 574 quail where we hunted. We had another guest that was also very pleasant and could almost drink as much as Larry and myself.
Just in case you were wondering, this hunt will be well worth the donation to help another like minded hunter.
Anybody have any questions? PM me and I'll go into more detail.
If it's your name that's drawn, you be in for a seriously great time.

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1113 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I would put a call out to all PHs to support one of us.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, that is very generous of you!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Are we notified when our PayPal payment is received?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I can/will reply if an email address is given or if a AR handle is provided. I will & certainly prefer to reach out & confirm that funds have been received. Thank you!

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
This little Piggy went to the Market,
This little Piggy played dead,
This little Piggy awaits you,
And he probably already bred.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot those two this morning. The night pics were last night.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
I shot those two this morning. The night pics were last night.

Larry you want to raffle that truck behind you?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It truly was their last supper! Big Grin Good hogs!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PayPal sent, although it is in pending status:

Regulations require us to take a closer look at some transactions. Your payment is temporarily pending while we review it.

Posts: 179 | Location: USA | Registered: 28 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

You are a kind and generous gentleman. I had the pleasure of hunting with Bossie a few years ago. He is an honest, hard-working PH who loves to hunt. Although I do not have a full biography, here is some background information of the man you are helping:

-His mother is from Kenya (perhaps left after the Mau Mau rebellion?) and his father is a Boer. I often made the joke he is qualified to be US President since he has a Kenyan parent

-His father was a PH in Mozambique and Bossie did his apprentice there in Mozambique (it may have been with MacDonald Safaris)

-Several years ago his house and all his belongings were destroyed by a tornado. In order to get his family back on their feet, he did project work in Angola and Malawi. He was gone from his wife and young son for several months at a time. He came down with malaria in Malawi.

-About one year ago, he got back on his feet financially with Limpopo Big Game Safaris. His wife, who herself was widowed in her first marriage, died in her sleep while a client was in camp. She was about 40 years old.

He is a PH because he loves to hunt. On the last day when I specified how much money I wanted to tip him and his staff, he told me to give him zero and instead give the money to his wife (the cook), his son (the unofficial assistant), his tracker and the tracker's wife (laundry and maid). Each received an equal sum.

The most unique feature of Bossie is how he treats his staff. Once during the safari he got frustrated and yelled at his tracker - a few minutes later he apologized that he lost his temper and explained he does his best to be decent to all. Even when we went out for lunch at the Steer's burger joint, he brought back juicy cheeseburgers for the skinners who were taking care of a zebra I killed in the morning.

Thanks again for helping a good man!

Posts: 179 | Location: USA | Registered: 28 September 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
I was the client when Henriette past in her sleep.
My wife & I stayed up with Henriette after dinner, drinking some wine & talking. I had killed a nice buffalo that afternoon & had hit a 2nd bull with a high shoulder shot. It's left front shoulder was shattered. He went off into the bush, we followed up but it got dark & decided to go back in the AM.

Boosie knocked on my cabin at 5:30 AM. He was shaking and had tears coming down his face. He told me the Henriette had past while they were in bed. We still had a buffalo to track & finish. Talk about things being put into perspective.

I still had another 5 days on the hunt. He had another PH, Shawn for Balla Balla Safaris fill in. We hunted a couple of days & then did Kruger instead of the scheduled tiger fishing.

Bossie is a man's man. Buy a few tickets if you can. He & DJ are going to have tough times for awhile.

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by accipiter1:
Larry,

You are a kind and generous gentleman. I had the pleasure of hunting with Bossie a few years ago. He is an honest, hard-working PH who loves to hunt. Although I do not have a full biography, here is some background information of the man you are helping:

-His mother is from Kenya (perhaps left after the Mau Mau rebellion?) and his father is a Boer. I often made the joke he is qualified to be US President since he has a Kenyan parent

-His father was a PH in Mozambique and Bossie did his apprentice there in Mozambique (it may have been with MacDonald Safaris)

-Several years ago his house and all his belongings were destroyed by a tornado. In order to get his family back on their feet, he did project work in Angola and Malawi. He was gone from his wife and young son for several months at a time. He came down with malaria in Malawi.

-About one year ago, he got back on his feet financially with Limpopo Big Game Safaris. His wife, who herself was widowed in her first marriage, died in her sleep while a client was in camp. She was about 40 years old.

He is a PH because he loves to hunt. On the last day when I specified how much money I wanted to tip him and his staff, he told me to give him zero and instead give the money to his wife (the cook), his son (the unofficial assistant), his tracker and the tracker's wife (laundry and maid). Each received an equal sum.

The most unique feature of Bossie is how he treats his staff. Once during the safari he got frustrated and yelled at his tracker - a few minutes later he apologized that he lost his temper and explained he does his best to be decent to all. Even when we went out for lunch at the Steer's burger joint, he brought back juicy cheeseburgers for the skinners who were taking care of a zebra I killed in the morning.

Thanks again for helping a good man!

Thanks. I have never met the man. It is good to learn a bit about him.

Quite a few here on AR have hunted with me. Hogbreath posted a report above on the hunt he won a few years back that I donated to help Stu Taylor.

I like to go hard. If hogs are around , I can usually find a way to get them. Let me add a couple of things to enhance this offer:

1- A friend called me last night who is an AR member. He said that should the hogs move off my place for some reason, he would take us on his lease which is absolutely overrun with hogs.

2- I am a member at a private club not far from my place. It is 28,000 acres of heaven on earth. Plush lodges, chefs, etc. If for some reason things aren’t looking good on my place, we will go to that club instead. This would be an incredible experience.

Please buy some tickets. This is a good cause.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
How many tickets have been sold so far?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As of last night, payment had been received for something in the mid 30’s. There are quite a few who indicated they were were sending checks. Given the timeframe since this started, many of those have not been received. If all all are received, it will be in excess of 50.

We appreciate all of your support.

One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
quote:
brad@hempkins.com

I just sent in for tickets.

He sounds like a great guy who has been dealt some tough times.

Posts: 865 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
As of last night, payment had been received for something in the mid 30’s. There are quite a few who indicated they were were sending checks. Given the timeframe since this started, many of those have not been received. If all all are received, it will be in excess of 50.

We appreciate all of your support.

Larry maybe flick this to other forums on AR?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
How many tickets have been sold so far?

PM sent

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jbull funds received!

Thank you

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skinz:
Jbull funds received!

Thank you

Thanks to Larry and you also, Skinz

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just picked up my AR after having the infrared scope mounted. This thing is bad ass. This drastically increases the odd of getting hogs. Thanks to all who purchased tickets.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Skinz, I just sent you ticket funds via PayPal. dan_sozzi@yahoo.com

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just picked up my AR after having the infrared scope mounted. This thing is bad ass. This drastically increases the odd of getting hogs. Thanks to all who purchased tickets.

Saw the picture on Facebook of your new hog stopper. Bought another ticket just for a chance at using it!! beer

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me add another enticement to buy tickets. I will make this 3 days which is an increase of a day. Further, should we not be successful at the end of 3 days AND my schedule permits we will go for a 4th day as well.

Thanks to all who have purchased tickets.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, as Larry and I met on AR near 15 years ago and have been friends since I proposed something to him which he likes and agreed for me to throw it out here. This is in the event nothing works with Ivan but as many of you know my friend and PH John Greeff was attacked by a leopard and near lost his life in 2010 in Tanzania. With the support of many of you here with Larry being one of my biggest helpers, we raised a lot of money to help John with his bills, medical, etc. He is very grateful for that and would be interested in being the guest PH on this hunt at Larry's farm if timing works out. He lives in Florida now and is working on his US citizenship so has to follow rules on how long he can be out of the US, etc. He is leaving for Zimbabwe more or less June 5th. so before that or in the winter he would be glad to support us. His comment to me was this simple " the way you guys helped me when I was down, meant the world to me and Vicki, and if I can do anything to help support another wounded PH, I would love to do that". No more needs said.

Also, I am not sure where the weaponry issues stand but I have some interesting toys as well and as Larry knows would be glad to assist and make this a fun time for all.

Just wanted to make this as an option and as Ivan and John are great friends anyway, who knows, if Larry has enough beds they could both be there. Of course, this is up to Larry.

York, SC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larry.

Actually, I have two differ residences on my place. We could probably make it work.

I am on the Board of Ivan’s conservation organization. He is on the go constantly to our various projects across Africa. He comes to the US for fund raising and other matters frequently. He is supposed to be here next month as it turns out.

I am not sure if I said this before. Ivan instantly agreed to my request. He indicated that he could be next.

Having both is a possibility. I might have to have that filmed. Me guiding Ivan and John. rotflmo
I wonder what kind of tippers they are? jumping That was all in jest to be clear.

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks Larry.

Actually, I have two differ residences on my place. We could probably make it work.

I am on the Board of Ivan’s conservation organization. He is on the go constantly to our various projects across Africa. He comes to the US for fund raising and other matters frequently. He is supposed to be here next month as it turns out.

I am not sure if I said this before. Ivan instantly agreed to my request. He indicated that he could be next.

Having both is a possibility. I might have to have that filmed. Me guiding Ivan and John. rotflmo
I wonder what kind of tippers they are? jumping That was all in jest to be clear.

Larry, how much more time to purchase additional tickets?

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think we are drawing next Saturday.

One of Us
Picture of shoulderman
posted Hide Post
Can someone please PM me with the address the address to send a check to. I want to purchase 5 or I guess 7 net. I would let my son be the shooter. I would just come along for the fun. Also, I would bring very nice bourbon or scotch for the evenings. I may bring my double to use if the opportunity presents itself.

Kodiak 2022
Namibia 2019
Namibia 2018
South Africa 2017
Alaska Brown Bear 2016
South Africa, 2016
Zimbabwe 2014
South Africa 2013
Australia 2011
Alberta 2009
Namibia 2007
Alberta 2006

Posts: 236 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 17 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shoulderman:
Can someone please PM me with the address the address to send a check to. I want to purchase 5 or I guess 7 net. I would let my son be the shooter. I would just come along for the fun. Also, I would bring very nice bourbon or scotch for the evenings. I may bring my double to use if the opportunity presents itself.

I sent the address via PM.

Often the hogs are shot in low light. In addition, the humidity will be cranking up soon. Up to you about the double.

One of Us
Picture of Limpopo Big Game Safaris
posted Hide Post
Hi Guys

I would like to thank you all once again for the great, wonderful and overwhelming effort you all put together to help me thorough this horrific and difficult time.

I have been home for 7 days now and I am feeling great. I can not thank our Heavenly Farther enough for what HE has done for me. I can not imagine how it would be without God in my life.

Besides the few broken ribs that reminds me to take things easy, I have no other pain. I did however pickup a minor heart condition after the incident but I am currently taking medication for it. The top two chambers of my heart are not functioning as the should but I have faith that I will be Ok and that it's only a temporary issue.

Although I feel tiered at some points I do get enough rest and in the times I am up I try to work my leg as much as possible to regain strength in all the muscles.

Kind regards and Lots of Love
Bossie Mostert

Posts: 606 | Location: South Africa Limpopo | Registered: 03 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For those of you sending checks, make sure and send them ASAP. As of early this morning Brad had not received any checks. We need to receive them by the drawing on Saturday to be eligible for the drawing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
crbutler Check received sir. Thank you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Safari2:
quote:
Originally posted by Skinz:
A check will fine.... It will need to arrive & clear by April 26th.

Skinz...can you post or pm me with the address and who to make a check out to.

Thanks!

Safari2 Check received!

Thank you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The drawing is going to be Saturday.

In the last 2 nights, I have gotten almost 1,500 pictures from a single feeder. That place is infested. Those hogs need to go.

Please consider buying one or more tickets if you haven't bought some already. It is for a good cause.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd Williams .... Funds received. Thank you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of my neighbors up there just called me. His property adjoins me on the NW side. His land is very swampy and is serious hog territory. He always has a pile of them.

He told me that if I needed to do so, take the winner on his land and let them shoot all they want. This adds to the chance of success.

There are two more days to buy tickets. As soon as the mail comes Saturday, the number will be drawn. Please consider helping someone in need.

Thank you to everyone who has bought a ticket.