THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hog Hunt Raffle to help injured PH Bossie Mostert (with special guest Ivan Carter)
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hog Hunt Raffle to help injured PH Bossie Mostert (with special guest Ivan Carter)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This has been approved by Saeed.

As many of you know, Mr. Mostert was severely injured by a wounded cape buffalo. He has large medical bills.

In an attempt to help raise money to help pay his medical bills, I am going to donate a hog hunt for one hunter and one guest that will be raffled.

The tickets are $100 each. If 5 are purchased by an individual, 2 extra tickets will be given to that individual. Ticket sales will end 4/26. The drawing will be the next day. There must be at least 100 tickets sold or all money will be refunded.

The details of the hunt are as follows:

Location: Levy County, Florida at my personal ranch. Gainesville, FL is the closest commercial airport. I am guessing it is 60 miles away. Tampa, Orlando & Jacksonville are approximately 150 miles away.

Timing- to be agreed upon. I will not do this during prime time deer season.

Length of hunt- two days. Arrive one afternoon. Hunt that afternoon. All day the next day. Hunt the following morning. Depart after the morning hunt.

Included- lodging, food, and non-alcoholic beverages. I will personally take you. Unlimited hogs and coyotes. Fishing in my stocked ponds if desired.

Not included- Travel to and from the ranch. Hotels before and after the hunt if necessary. Taxidermy. Licenses if needed (fishing only).

Special equipment needed- rubber boots.

Special rules- No drinking before or during hunting. A waiver must be executed.

General comments about the hunting- The ranch has a high hog population normally. This morning for example, I got a picture with 27 hogs on a single feeder. Hogs tend to come and go. Water level changes tend to impact their movement. Right now, there is an abundance of large boars. I have quite a few ladder stands, shooting houses and/or tripod stands around feeders. We can hunt from those or run and gun them. My food plots may or may not be planted yet. I usually wait until June to plant. The largest I have personally taken was right at 350 pounds. I have seen one that is MUCH larger. Night hunting is legal. I have an AR (308) equipped with a suppressor and an infrared scope. I will make that available.

Details of raffle drawing: Upon purchase of the "ticket" (no actual ticket will be issued), Skinz will issue you a number for that "ticket". These will start with 1 and will be issued in consecutive ascending order. The morning after ticket sales are closed, Skinz will tell me the last number sold. My office will enter the number into a random number generator. I will them post that number here on AR for the winner to identify themselves.

How to purchase tickets: Please send a PM to Skinz or use PayPal. Brad@hempkins.com

SPECIAL GUEST- I have communicated with Ivan Carter who I am good friends with. If we can work the timing out when Ivan is in the US, Ivan has graciously agreed to join us. I have shot birds with Ivan on multiple occasions. I can assure you that Ivan LOVES to hunt and not just in Africa. He is a great guy. He is a great guy to share a camp with.

It is highly likely that the hunter will kill some hogs. Of course, I can't guarantee that. They will have a good time I am quite confident.

Please help.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Class and Generosity by Larry. As always!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Larry,

Put me down for the five tickets and PM me payment details. In addition if I win you can reauction my tickets.

Just hope when I am injured or worse there are people like you around who will contribute to my family.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Who is Skniz????

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Skinz is on the other thread.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Skinz is on the other thread.

Can you send PM payment details?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry
Put me down for 5 as well.
After our last trip, I noticed you took away the hard liquor......... Big Grin

Guns and hunting

Posts: 1113 | Registered: 07 February 2017Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It would be a better idea to post details of how purchase the tickets, rather than have everyone send a PM to him.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
It would be a better idea to post details of how purchase the tickets, rather than have everyone send a PM to him.

Saeed if you plan to buy all of them then let us know mate. You might save me some money.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree. I was in a hurry.

I have a message out to Dale (Skinz) who will be handling the money. I will post the info as soon as I get it. My apologies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hogbreath:
Larry
Put me down for 5 as well.
After our last trip, I noticed you took away the hard liquor......... Big Grin

That was for you own safety Rick! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone,

Thank you for allowing this opportunity to help raise funds for PH Bossie Mostert. In order to buy tickets for the Raffle, you will need a Paypal account. Simply logon to paypal & establish that. To send money from one to another, an email address is used (attached to your account). If you have used Paypal before, you will know just how simple & easy this is. If you have never, you will be surprised at just how easy it is.

My Paypal account is brad@hempkins.com, that is hempkins, with a "p". Spelling must be 100% correct obviously or transaction will not go through.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen:

Please see above for a modification to the offer. I do believe that this will be much more interesting now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, Larry. We did get a little "hurt" my friend!

Guns and hunting

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hogbreath!!!! Coming in hot with ticket purchases!

Thank you sir!

One of Us
Picture of H T
posted Hide Post
quote:
brad@hempkins.com

I'm in !! Be nice to win, but to help out a PH is even better. Nice going, Larry!

Posts: 742 | Location: Kerrville, TX | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, we have another possible change . A buddy of mine who lives up that way has a friend with a bunch of fully licensed fully auto guns. Tucker is checking to see if he will bring them over to shoot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Classy move, Larry. Well done to you and to all who purchase tickets for this worthy cause.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be in for a second round of tickets. I'm looking forward to the hunt!

Guns and hunting

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hogbreath:
I'll be in for a second round of tickets. I'm looking forward to the hunt!

Sounds like you had a great time last time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know damn well that I did brother! You are a great, fantastic host.

Guns and hunting

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, I’d gladly buy some raffle tickets... but no way in you know what am I giving PayPal money.

Posts: 10995 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Larry, I’d gladly buy some raffle tickets... but no way in you know what am I giving PayPal money.

I am not handling the money . Frankly, I am too damn busy to deal with it this time of the year. Why don’t you contact Brad and send him a check?

I get that things like Venmo and PayPal are quick and easy. At the tender age of 63, I don’t trust them either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never had a problem with Paypal. don't know about the others. Get ahold of brad and send him a check.

Guns and hunting

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

I am not handling the money . Frankly, I am too damn busy to deal with it this time of the year. Why don’t you contact Brad and send him a check?

I get that things like Venmo and PayPal are quick and easy. At the tender age of 63, I don’t trust them either.

Very wise man!

I deal with banks on a daily basis, and our local banks do an exceptional job.

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A check will fine.... It will need to arrive & clear by April 26th.

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Brad, can you give a running total on tickets sold?

Posts: 601 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colorado Bob:
Brad, can you give a running total on tickets sold?

Great idea!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skinz:
A check will fine.... It will need to arrive & clear by April 26th.

Skinz...can you post or pm me with the address and who to make a check out to.

Thanks!

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me clarify one thing and modify another.

I have been asked about drinking. My post was aimed at two things. First and foremost, I do not want anyone handling guns after drinking. Next, I do not have a bar. I do have a bottle of Crown and one of Grey Goose. Feel free to drink all you want when the hunting day is over.

Next is the subject of checks. They need to arrive by the date of the drawing. That is a change.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We tried and tried to stop an Australian gentleman from drinking while at a skeet shooting range.

He said it was his “aiming lotion”! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
MikeE & Fairgame .......Paypal funds received. Thank you!

One of Us
Picture of MikeE
posted Hide Post
quote:
We tried and tried to stop an Australian gentleman from drinking while at a skeet shooting range.

He said it was his “aiming lotion”! clap

In Texas it may be called aiming potion as well, I prefer the Kentucky aged type myself, or some obscure something from Scotland.

Master of Boats,
Slayer of Beasts,
Charmer of the fair sex, ......
and sometimes changer of the diaper.....

Posts: 350 | Location: HackHousBerg, TX & LA | Registered: 12 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Extremely generous, Larry!

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just killed 5 with 3 shots with my shotgun.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
PayPal sent. Worthy cause!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you send the funds as "friends and family" there is no commission deducted. PayPal doesn't make anything. I've made thousands of transactions through PayPal without a single problem.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
That’s what I did and always do. No service charge.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what I've understood, PayPal is anti fun and anti hunting. Not that the service the provide is not good. who do we do a PP to?

Posts: 501 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Skins,
Sent $200 for two tickets.

Mark

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote