Find
Notify
Tools

Kathi
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Kathi,

Tell us something "positive" about Africa. You are beginning to sound like my local evening news; Death , Mayhem, Tragedy! I get enough of this at home!

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
That would be nice. However, that would require there being good news available to report. They are much more scarce then negative stories I'm afraid.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually appreciate Kathi and the news she reports here,both the good and the bad. Keep up the good work Kathi as I would miss you if you suddenly left us.

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I actually appreciate Kathi and the news she reports here,both the good and the bad. Keep up the good work Kathi as I would miss you if you suddenly left us.

Me too!

Posts: 42341 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eyedoc:

tu2

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
if I recall correctly, KAthi did leave for a bit and then come back. Kathi doesn't make the news, yes she chooses which to link her,e but I think they are chosen because of their relevance or interest on the board. I like 'em.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
You go, girl! patriot

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's some good news.

Roy Bennett was cleared of all charges today in Zim. www.zimbabwesituation.com

Now we will see what the MDC, ZANU PF, and Mugabe will do!

Posts: 1132 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I, too, appreciate Kathi's links to the news reports and have always found them interesting and relevant.

Chuck

Posts: 359 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
EZ

Unfortunately whether we like it or not if we read the newpaper listen to the radio or watch TV WE GET NEGATIVE NEWS ...

Positive news does not sell anymore as the world has changed, bad news travels fast

Cheers, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I like the news stories. Here in California we do not get such news.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27607 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It always has seemed to me that Kathi is setting up a balance of news stories about what wild creatures can do to human beings -and what life really is like in the bush - in contrast to the flood of "documentaries" on American TV that suggest that wild animals and reptiles are "victims" of us evil hunters. More power to her!

Posts: 680 | Location: NY | Registered: 10 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep up the good work Kathi. tu2

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
'Tis why Africa is the Dark Continent!

~Ann

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Kathi to keep posting stories! Good and Bad.

Posts: 103 | Location: southern wisconsin | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rigs:
Another vote for Kathi to keep posting stories! Good and Bad.

Definitely.

Africa, on the whole, is a pest hole. Most tourist hunters and tree huggers never see anything but resorts and luxury hunting camps and a few villages.

There's general slaughter taking place right now in the eastern DRC and Somalia is a failed state being overrun by Muslim fundamentalists. The Darfur situation is still ongoing. I could go on, but why bother. Keep up the good work, Kathi.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Kathi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Die Ou Jagter:
Another vote for Kathi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be a "YEP" !!!!!!

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 932 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
[quote]Africa, on the whole, is a pest hole. Most tourist hunters and tree huggers never see anything but resorts and luxury hunting camps and a few villages.quote]

Truer words were never spoken, about nearly anyplace that is a "Tourist" destination.

That included New Orleans here in the states, tourists were only shown the good stuff.

I enjoy reading Kathi's reports and hope she keeps posting them.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of J.R.Jackson
posted Hide Post
One more vote for Kathi

Posts: 570 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 12 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good News?

How about the Okavango flood levels!

Hunt Botswana.

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Kathi, I love your links but i have to ask. how in the hell do you find them? in any case, keep up the excellent(and informative) work!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I like KNN (Kathi News Network)
She is like the Drudge Report for Africa Big Grin

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27607 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Keep em coming because I sure don't get it anywhere else!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think she does a wonderful job of keeping the links to African news coming our way. Unfortunately, the only good news I can think of from Africa is that it's still there!
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kathi's Great!! tu2 Keep on posting!
coffee

Posts: 353 | Location: tanzania, east africa | Registered: 27 March 2008Reply With Quote