Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Greg Rodriguez
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I will be the whipping boy again, would not want to disappoint anyone.

There is a whole lot more to this story than what has been posted. People don't just walk in and shoot folks because they are having a glass of wine with their spouse.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I was shocked to see the news this afternoon. R.I.P.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be the whipping boy again, would not want to disappoint anyone.[/QUOTE]

If i saw some guy screwing my better half i sure wouldnt shoot him. Any attempt to justify this is bullshit

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not trying to justify anything, just giving a reason for why it may have happened. Marital relationships cannot always be explained.

If you have a better explanation, please share it.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Not trying to justify anything, just giving a reason for why it may have happened. Marital relationships cannot always be explained.

If you have a better explanation, please share it.

Crazy, please don't start on this one. While i didnt know him Greg was a friend to many here and this thread needs to be about Greg, his family and his friends. Nothing more

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please leave the garbage and trash talk over on 24hr campfire....there's enough over there to keep you happy. For now, remember Greg and respect the privacy of the families. 3 kids now will go through life without a father. 2 wives will raise their kids without a husband. Leave the garbage and insinuations out of this.
RIP Greg and may peace find your family.

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Drop it, Crazy. You're waaay out of line with that comment. Regardless of what may, or may not, have happened, nothing justifies killing another man who isn't threatening the life of you or your loved ones. Go away before you dig a deeper hole.

Prayers for the Rodriguez family, and the shooters family too.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks, I have nothing against Mr. Rodriguez. I feel sorry for his family and for all involved, he seemed like a very knowledgeable person and I did exchange emails with him. Whatever happened or why it happened, none of us know. People do not simply walk in and shoot someone for having a glass of wine with their spouse for the hell of it.

I am not accusing either Mr. Rodriguez or the lady involved of anything, but I am a realist. The shooter had his reasons, real or imagined, EVERYONE needs to wait and get more information. I am not blaming anyone. What has happened is bad for all involved, but there is still a lot of information concerning the incident that has not been made public.

One of Us
Picture of martin pieters
posted Hide Post
Terrible tragedy, condolences and prayers to Greg's family and friends.

martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com
www.martinpieterssafaris.com

" hunt as if it's your last one you'll ever be on"

Posts: 639 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 26 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DLS, I am not JUSTIFYING anything. I am merely saying there is too much unknown information for YOU, ME or ANYONE else to make an objective comment on why things happened the way they did.

One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
quote:
DLS, I am not JUSTIFYING anything. I am merely saying there is too much unknown information for YOU, ME or ANYONE else to make an objective comment on why things happened the way they did.

That is not what you said. You said you knew there was more.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your right, there is more to the story than YOU or ANYONE else wants to wait and find out about.

That work better for you?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very sad indeed - I enjoyed his shows. God be with his family.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1586 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
God be with his family.

Definitely, No One wins in a situation like this, No One.

One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
To all who knew Greg, I'm so sorry for your troubles. We are all diminished by his loss.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I heard about this this afternoon I was saddened at the loss of a friend, a great advocate for hunting and citizen's gun rights, and simply a wonderful human being. I've waited to respond until I could assimilate my thoughts.

I hadn't seen Greg since the first day of DSC when he ran into me in one of the aisles. Unfortunately, we only spoke briefly about his recent hunt in CAR and his LDE and then we were both pulled elsewhere. I tried to stop by his booth over the three days I was there, but, not surprisingly, Greg was always engaged with other people. He was a people person. I wish I'd waited.

The one thing I do know is that Greg was very devoted to his wife Lisa and his children. We've discussed our families and respective issues concerning our children over the years.

Crazy's insinuations are unwarranted and frankly unwelcome. We don't know what happened or what didn't. It's not ours to judge. What is clear, is that a good man is no longer with us because of a nut.

My thoughts and prayers are with Greg and his family.

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Crazy's insinuations are unwarranted and frankly unwelcome. We don't know what happened or what didn't. It's not ours to judge. What is clear, is that a good man is no longer with us because of a nut.

Do you know what happened or why? NO, and neither do I! I am not making accusations, all I am saying is that NONE of us know what happened or why.

Tell me what is wrong with having an open mind on this issue?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We shared a hunting camp with Greg this past November as his clients. We can not say enough about what a great guy he was. The minute we met him he became a friend. We shared the same dinner table every evening listening to great hunting stories and drink and many laughs. He was one of the good guys. I pray his family finds peace in this tragedy.
Mike & Linda

Posts: 150 | Location: Washington | Registered: 01 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shame on those who assume the worst and speak without knowledge.

Greg was in Montana for a shooting event, had just landed, and was meeting with a woman employeed by a firearms company with which he did business before going to his hotel. He was shot four times with a .44mag while sitting at the kitchen table. The shooter living apart from his wife and was diagnosed mediacally depressed and off his meds. Greg was simply a victim of a horrible set of circumstances.

Please keep the Rodriguez fammily in your thoughts and prayers.

*************************Conservationist. Reformed Attorney. Producer of Outdoor Media.

www.stevescott.tv

Posts: 192 | Location: Norman, OK USA | Registered: 01 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Do you know what happened or why? NO, and neither do I! I am not making accusations, all I am saying is that NONE of us know what happened or why.

Tell me what is wrong with having an open mind on this issue?

Your timing shows a severe lack of class! Is that clear enough?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crazy:

A good man died. What possible benefit could there be to cast disparanging questions on his memory especially without any foundation?

Posts: 10319 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Todd, it shows a clear understanding that things may not be what they seem.

As I said, my condolences to ALL of the people/ family members involved. Are you or anyone else ready to crucify me members of either family?

I am not accusing anyone of anything, but the shooting took place for a reason and two families are suffering over what happened and they have my sympathies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think we have seen over the years that shootigs do not necessarily "occur for a reason' except a reason in the minds of the demented shooter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Todd said, it is, at a minimum, poor timing, and a lack of good taste and simple ediquette.

One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
hey Crazy, shut the fuck up for a while! jesus!

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm floored. I've corresponded over the years with Greg and recently chatted with him over twitter email. I was pumped to see A Rifleman's Journal come on the air in Canada and was really enjoying watching Greg hunt with his son. Made me excited for the time when my girls will be old enough to go afield with me. I was actually just watching the show and was about to send Greg a tweet complimenting him on the shooter that his son appears to be. I'm sure he was proud.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Greg's family.

Godspeed Greg.

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Folks, I have nothing against Mr. Rodriguez. I feel sorry for his family and for all involved, he seemed like a very knowledgeable person and I did exchange emails with him. Whatever happened or why it happened, none of us know. People do not simply walk in and shoot someone for having a glass of wine with their spouse for the hell of it.

I am not accusing either Mr. Rodriguez or the lady involved of anything, but I am a realist. The shooter had his reasons, real or imagined, EVERYONE needs to wait and get more information. I am not blaming anyone. What has happened is bad for all involved, but there is still a lot of information concerning the incident that has not been made public.

So there is information that has not been made public, yet you would see fit to speculate and prattle on to get attention?

Very classy. Give yourself a pat on the back...because the rest of us are strongly starting to suspect that you're an asshole.

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We've known Greg for a long time,we are shocked to learn about this tragedy.Our thoughts are with Lisa and their two dear children.

Eardley Rudman

Posts: 47 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am completely stunned. I've known Greg for years. I was just recently talking to Greg about a hunt in New Zealand. I thought he was a great guy, definitely a people person. He will be missed.

Crazy, You are an idiot. I would NEVER do business with you!!! You are a classless individual with no apparent sense of judgement.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1298 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never had the pleasure of meeting Greg. Terrible terrible news and thoughts are with his family and friends. Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had never met Greg, but have always heard what a good guy he was.
My thoughts and prayers are with him and the families.

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 444 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Knew Greg for about 15 years. Not close, but, he was the kind of guy that always remembered a face and new your name. Shot rifles a few times with him at the local ranges and booked a couple of hunts with him over the years. Just talked with him mostly. He was the kind of guy you wanted all your neighbors and co-workers to be like; straight up, personable, helpfull, professional. I count his passing as a personal loss and regard our hunting community as lessened by his leaving.
He was a man; a good man in the ways I knew him. I pray for his family and the memories that they will always have.

Posts: 97 | Location: Houston, TX USA | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
He was my friend and I have prayed for Chloe for years. This hurts in a personal way. Greg impressed me as a business man years ago at HSC meetings and I never changed my mind about that. What a loss!

Posts: 4881 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No matter what happened,or what the situation was, it can never be justified what happened here! Greg was a great guy! He booked hunts with my company and was scheduled to hunt with me in June for 10 days to do a show for his television show 'The Riflemans Journal'. He ran his business like a Swiss watch and this is a very sad day for the hunting community! We will miss you Greg!! And please just for once lets not start a P....ng match over what happened and let him rest in peace.

Phillip du Plessis
www.intrepidsafaris.com
info@intrepidsafaris.co.za
+27 83 633 5197
US cell 817 793 5168

Posts: 402 | Location: Alldays, South Africa | Registered: 05 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My prayers are for the families and especially the children. I believe his daughter had leukemia if I remember correctly. So sad.
For those that feel the need to inject judgement and specualtion in order to try and overly "humanize" this story you probably have never had a family member that was prone to acts of crazy fits of irrational rage. In time I am sure the shooter will show to have a history of problems. I have been down this road and it doesn't end well. The ones that don't have empathy in these situations frankly worry me as they try and make light of the situation or excuse the hideous deranged mental facts of the obvious because deep down inside they must knock someone off a perceived pedastel.
I for one have seen what crazy can do and those that can't recognize crazy worry me

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I first met Greg in '96 when I bought my first heavy rifle, a model 70 375 H&H from him. So sadden by his death!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just added another one to my ignore list.
RIP Greg.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
RIP Greg I loved your shows. Whats the condition of the lady that was pistol whipped by the killer? I read on one blog SHOOTING that she was in the firearms manufacturing business. Who is she?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never had the pleasure of meeting Greg but I certainly enjoyed reading and watching his shows and articles. A terrible loss for our side. Condolences to his family.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Horrible news!! I always enjoyed reading Greg's articles.

Prayers for both families.

Posts: 618 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote