THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Re: AR's Cumulative African Hunting Experience
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: AR's Cumulative African Hunting Experience
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
One trip to Africa.
Hunted 7 days.
Hunted RSA/Eastern Cape/John X Safaris.
Species taken: impala, duiker, gemsbuck, kudu, blesbuck, springbuck, zebra.
First trip: 2001.
Last trip: 2001.
Next trip: Oct 2004.

Posts: 669 | Location: Alaska, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

1. How many times have you hunted in Africa?
2. Approximately how many days have you spent afield?
3. Which countries have you hunted/PH�d?
4. Which species have you hunted? (I realize this could be a huge list for some, so a synopsis will do)
5. What year was your first trip?
6. What year was your last trip?
7. What are you planning next?

Probably unfair, because I'm South African born and bred, but here goes:

1. Every year for the last 40 years, if you include my barefoot escapades after suricates and francolin with a .22 on my grandfather's farms. Plains game and a bit of DG the last 30 years.
2.Several hundred, if it's not into thousands. No way of telling.
3. RSA / Namibia / Mocambique / Zimbabwe
4. Several birds, Steenbuck, Duiker, Impala, Warthog, Kudu, Nyala, Eland, Zebra (Burchells and Hartmann's), Gemsbuck, Blue Wildebeest, Black Wildebeest, Red Hartebeest, Springbuck, Bushbuck, Waterbuck, Leopard. 1 unsuccessful (PAC) Buffalo hunt. Plenty vermin (Jackal, Caracal, Bushpig, Baboon, Vervet etc.)
5. I think around 1965. (.22 / barefoot thing). Plains game 1974.
6. 2004 (2 hunts, leaving on 3rd in 10 days time, 4th booked for mid-June).
7. Whatever comes up

Posts: 408 | Location: Johannesburg, RSA | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
1) 3 Times (in addition to my other 5 African trips where I travelled through South Africa, Namibia, Botswana and Zim and did a safari guide training course)

2) 28 days

3) Nam, RSA, TZ

4) Kudu, Gemsbock, Hartebeest, 2 Warthog, Springbock, Blessbock, Black Wildebeest, 2 Impala, Zebra, Waterbuck, Eland, 2 Buffalo, 1 Puku

5) 2000

6) 2003

7) Nothing planned for this year, but since I have to fulfill some Zebra rug "back orders", it's likely that I will hunt in RSA and try to get also Nyala and Bushbock

Good African Hunting!

Erik

My guns used: .338 WM and .416 Rigby

Posts: 175 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
3 Times

18 days

3. Which countries have you hunted?
South Africa, Zimbabwe

4. Which species have you hunted? (I realize this could be a huge list for some, so a synopsis will do)
Kudu x2, Oryx, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra x2, Impala x4, Blesbuck, Springbuck, Duiker, Steenbok x2, Warthog x11, Bushpig, Pheasant

South Africa june, Namibia september 2004

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Twice

3. Which countries have you hunted/PH�d?

Only RSA, the Eastern Cape

Kudu, Gemsbok, Black Wildebeest, Blue Wildebeest, Blesbok, Impala, Warthog, Zebra, Black White and Commmon Springbok, Hyrax

2005 for Cape Buffalo, Hippo, and Croc

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote