THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    2005 DVD South- If you have not sent your mailing info forward, Do it now.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2005 DVD South- If you have not sent your mailing info forward, Do it now.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jut received the DVD's from ga sixgunner. Will take a couple days to view and then out via priority mail to Art S.

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Phil,
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Frank,

Do you have an updated list that shows everyone that is on the list after going through the validiation process you initiated a week or so ago?

Mike

Mike

Posts: 21672 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted May 13, 5:40 AM
Frank,

Do you have an updated list that shows everyone that is on the list after going through the validiation process you initiated a week or so ago?

Mike

"Git as close as y' can, laddie -- an' then git ten yards closer." John "Pondoro" Taylor

Mike Jines
Kingwood, Texas

It is the first post. You are there.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
My bad. Sorry for not checking thoroughly before posting. Thanks.

Mike

Mike

Posts: 21672 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redlander
posted Hide Post
Frank,

Please check your PM.

Thanks,

Redlander

If you are going to carry a big stick, you've got to whack someone with it at least every once in while.

Posts: 842 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 23 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Return PM on the way.
Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
The DVD's were shipped today to Art S. via priority mail.

Phil

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you PHil. PM sent.
Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's Friday at midnight. The DVD's arrived today. I got them when I arrived home at 9:00 PM. I have copied them and have them packed and ready to go out. I am leaving early tomorrow for a trip out of town, so I won't be able to mail them tomorrow. I will mail them in Monday's mail.

By the way, the No. 2 disc worked fine in my player and copied correctly. No need for a replacement, Frank.

Art S.

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Art, I appreciate your checking.
Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got a chance to stop at the PO on the way out of town(Saturday AM), so I posted the DVD's to graybird at 9AM. Sent them priority mail, so they should be there by the middle of the week if things go normally.

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a thought, but it occured to me that the DVD's were posted to me on the 17th. I got them, stayed up past midnight to copy them without watching and then shipped them on the 21st. That is five inclusive days. When these passarounds occur, the very best we can hope for is a one week minimum per person. Throw in a few hiccups, out of town trips etc, and a realistic target for the whole group is close to two weeks per person. The list this year currently has 32 names. That means the best we can hope for is about 8 months and it could easily be 16. In the future, given the low cost of CD's, we may need to split the list into multiple threads, with them going first to people who will agree to make multiple copies and branch out. If the first two people on the list agreed to duplicate, the time for everyone would be cut by 75%.

Just a thought to consider for the next time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Art S. - excellent idea!!!!!

Phil

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Great! I'll be looking for them in the mail. I'll be out of town Wed. and Thur. for work but I will try and get them on their way by the end of the week or the first part of next week at the latest.

Cheers,

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the future, given the low cost of CD's, we may need to split the list into multiple threads, with them going first to people who will agree to make multiple copies and branch out. If the first two people on the list agreed to duplicate, the time for everyone would be cut by 75%.

Just a thought to consider for the next time.

I like your idea. I tried that this year with four sets and other copies being sent to various others who asked. The logistics are a real nightmare requiring multiple PM and follow-up communication.It is not due to the volume of material to watch but rather making 24 copies one at a time.The problems are due to the negligence of a very few who did not respect those waiting for the discs. The four sets (set up by geographic are) are now wittled down to one very active set (South) one set I interrupted to re-organize and two sets completely gone along with a vhs tape that disappeared from circulation.
The only thing that seems to be working is this system of asking for commitment from the conscientious individuals like yourself who are willing to keep it moving for the sake of those waiting.
Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank,

My thanks to you for keeping this thing going. As far as I'm concerned, you have gone "above and beyond" on the DVD routing. It kind of reminds me of the old phrase that you can't herd cats!!!

I really don't understand why this is so hard, but I guess it just is. If everyone involved had some degree of integrity and just did what they said they would we would have all been able to see the DVD's by now.

Thanks again.

Phil

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Just received the DVDs in the mail today. I'll get them copied tonight and in the mail tomorrow.

Graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. I really appreciate your effort.
Frank

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
For some reason I couldn't get logged on yesterday; however, I dropped the DVDs off at the post office yesterday, May 23rd at around 10:30 est. Sedero300 should have them shortly.

Graybird

one of us
posted Hide Post
graybird ----- Thanks for the update, I am after Sendero 300. I plan have a buddy copy immediately and send on to "Lewis 50" as per Franks instructions. wave thumb Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
phurley5,
I'm waiting with baited breath (I've been fishing). I'll also copy them as quickly as possible, are you ready Magnum Hunter for a fast turnaround?

Posts: 273 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the updates.
Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have received the discs...!!!!

Sendero300>>>===TerryP

Posts: 489 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the update.
Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
Frank, I hate to do this but take my name off the list. I just took a job in Quantico and will be moving the next few weeks (I haven't even found a place up there and report on the 12th of June!) so I would hate for the DVDs to sit around while I am between addresses. Maybe once I get set up someone will be willing to hook me up with a copy. I figured I'd post this here so everyone knows I'm out of the loop.

Posts: 575 | Location: VA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sharps54:
Frank, I hate to do this but take my name off the list. I just took a job in Quantico and will be moving the next few weeks (I haven't even found a place up there and report on the 12th of June!) so I would hate for the DVDs to sit around while I am between addresses. Maybe once I get set up someone will be willing to hook me up with a copy. I figured I'd post this here so everyone knows I'm out of the loop.

Let me know once you get settled and I'll send you a copy.

Graybird

one of us
posted Hide Post
Graybird,
Thanks, PM inbound!

Posts: 575 | Location: VA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. I am sorry we were so slow in getting this around but graybird is a great guy for taking care of you when you settle in.
Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Phurley5,
Mailed the discs to you this morning priority mail.....
Thanks to Saeed and everyone involved. I enjoyed this very much.

Sendero300>>>===TerryP

Posts: 489 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 25 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update.
Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lewis50,
I'm ready. How far down the line are we????

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Magnum Hunter 1. Based on the turnaround we are seeing you are two weeks out.
Thank you all.
Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
Magnum Hunter & Frank, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I'm next up after Phurley5. If that's the case it should be sometime next week.
Lewis

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for the discs, after Sendero300's post I really expected them today, but no dice. Uncle Sams Priority mail is a little slow, I plan to copy and send on as soon as possible. wave

phurley

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted Jun 1, 4:06 PM
Magnum Hunter & Frank, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I'm next up after Phurley5. If that's the case it should be sometime next week.
Lewis

I believe you are correct. Didn't mean to cut you out but when I said two weeks I was accounting for you in the equation as well.
Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lewis50 ----- Got the discs today and I delivered them to a buddy to copy. I will send them on as soon as the copies are made, may be tomorrow, if not then monday for sure. wave

phurley

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, I am a little confused. Whats new. I looked back thru the posts and I am listed on the list twice. Right after Ralph, and Right after Lewis50. Please advise who I should send it to when I am ready. Thanks
Doug

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Phurley5,
Thanks for the update. Magnum Hunter, I'll be sending them your way as soon as I make copies, which shouldn't take too long. Check out the two lists, one on page 3 verses the "participating" list on page 1, it looks like Bullsprig is up after you, see what Frank says.

one of us
posted Hide Post
wave
We are using the page 1 list. I dropped Ralph when he did not respond to my PM's and Posts. Only folks still on that list have agreed and are Participating. I am now adding a few people from other areas who have also agreed.
Frank