New
Find
Notify
Tools

shadow shield use?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I admire Shockey because he is successfull in business as well as the hunting/entertainment industry.

Free hunts...one of my favorite subjects. I met a guy in Africa last fall who books hunts in Uganda as well as other countries. Shockey wanted a free hunt, but the guy said forget it. Shockey paid full price. On that hunt, he was frozen for 12 hours, like a statue, waiting for his game. The guy is a killer.

As for his show, I enjoy it but the three-peat trigger pulls need to change. As for his sponsors, those of us long in tooth remember he switched alliances from one smoke pole to another. So that by itself tells me he doesn't really feel strongly about his current sponsor. On the other hand, if he were to explain why he switched, I might be all ears - unless it was just a financial decision.

ISS, you are little harsh on JS. Your hero CB claimed the Surefire was the first product he felt comfortable endorsing. Oh really? How do you think other industry sponsors who paid for some of his hunts felt about that?

At least outright endorsements leaves no wonder as to who is paying the check. There is a lot to be said for that. I wish we didn't have them, but if we have to have them, being upfront is the way to go. I frankly don't have a problem with any of these sponsorships as long as they are upfront. If I owned a company and I thought CB or JS could help sell product, why not? Certainly much better than a writer who blogs about product or hunts that he gets for free but neglecting to tell us that (wink: that is now illegal).

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
If Jim Shockey were dying of thirst I wouldn't walk across the street to piss down his throat.
Rich
DRSS

When I was growing up in Texas, it was common to hear someone say, "He's so worthless, I wouldn't piss up his ass if his guts were on fire. Unless I could piss gasoline."

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1554 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote