Tools

shameful
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK. Is this "canned"?

I think you would call it "bottled", I have only been on 1 hippo hunt and I can say that on that hunt, we never would have gotten close enough to the hippos for a bow shot. I would question the size of the "pond" they are in and how use the hippos were to being around the boat and people. Just my $.02

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Brad, having been with you on that hunt, i can only echo your comments. a hippo in the area( or any other wilderness area) we hunted would NEVER allow you to get close enough for a bow shot from a boat while in the water and also on land if he knew you were there. to answer the question-"is this canned"? hell yes!!!!!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13392 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SkiBumplus3:
OK. Is this "canned"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juGDmRfyuFM

Thanks,
Ski

I wouldn't even call that bow hunting. Watch the slow motion sequence at the end, there are two gunshots that dispatch the hippo.

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Come on guys that hunt would be quite good to take part in. I would get a kick out of seeing a great blotch of red from a soft nose 404 appearing between the shoulder blades of the dickhead in blue and as for those other two bafoons, a soft nose in the knee caps would stop them in their tracks. Oh what a glorious hunt it would be.

Yes it is the market that is to blame for this travesty that is dared to be called hunting by some morons.

Posts: 3906 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I have been close enough to hippos for a bow shot many times in Tanzania.

So I personally would not rule this one out and call it "canned".

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68649 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Saeed

Bow hunting is a great art and a perfectly legitimate way of hunting so I certainly have no disrespect for those that partake in this form of sport. Usually though the bowhunter is an expert on camoflage and the art of stalking to get in close to his quarry to make a killing shot. Whether the video we've seen is a canned hunt or not, strolling up to the animal in office clothes and showing no real idea of being a hunter is obnoxious to us all and I'm positive it is to you also.

Although I personally struggle at times to comprehend the sort of hunting in Africa now with all the people needed to be involved and tagging along on the hunt, some of which I have observed in your videos, I have nothing but respect for your appreciation and respect of the game you hunt, your affinity with the hunt, and of course your expert safe handling of a firearm and the final superb shot you invariably make. You do this so well and obviously create celebration and enjoyment for those around you at the proper time during the hunt. Even though some of your hunts do not fit my "loner" style, they have restored my dream of experiencing a bit of Africa and must be an inspiration for many on these forums.

Thanks for everything you stand for and do.

Posts: 3906 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote