THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Help needed please - Scott van Zyl SS Pro Safaris
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help needed please - Scott van Zyl SS Pro Safaris
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Damn. I still hope and pray,

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3453 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
Damn. I still hope and pray,

As do we. Let's hope we can find conclusion to this soon!

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
email. chris@ct-safaris.com
Sabrisa Ranch Ellisras RSA
www.ct-safaris.com
https://youtu.be/4usXceRdkH4

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfr...sing-hunter-20170414

Remains found in crocodiles might be those of missing hunter

2017-04-14 19:31

Marietie Louw-Carstens, Netwerk24

Polokwane - Teams searching in Zimbabwe for missing SA hunter Scott van Zyl, 44, have found what is possibly human remains in two crocodiles they shot.

Ex-Colonel Sakkie Louwrens of the Heritage Protection Group (HPG), who is among those trying to find Van Zyl, said on Thursday that they had seen two crocodiles near the banks of the Limpopo River where Van Zyl went missing last Friday, Netwerk24 reported.

He said that in conjunction with Zimbabwe’s police and nature conservation services, a decision had been taken to shoot the crocodiles.

“We found what could possibly be human remains in them.”

The remains will be sent for DNA testing to see if it’s Van Zyl’s. “Until we have the results, we can confirm nothing.”

Meanwhile, his family are still hoping and praying that he is alive.

Pamphlets with a photo of Van Zyl and contact numbers were dropped from choppers in Zimbabwe on Wednesday and Thursday near the vast and bushy area where Van Zyl went missing.

Those searching on land even gave some to people fishing along the banks of the Limpopo.

A reward of $5 000 has been offered for information that can help the search teams track down Van Zyl.

HPG, the SA Hunters’ Association, and the SANDF have joined forces in trying to find Van Zyl.

Police divers even took to the water of the Limpopo River, but to no avail.

According to information from people searching on foot, it seemed as if Van Zyl, the owner of SS Pro Safaris, had gone hunting with a tracker and his dogs in Zimbabwe on Friday, using the Chikwaraka camp as his base. It seems, they say, as if he and the tracker left their bakkie behind and went into the veld on foot. Van Zyl’s gun and personal items were in the bakkie. The men apparently went in separate directions.

Van Zyl’s dogs returned to the camp later in the day, but there was no sign of him. The unnamed tracker raised the alarm, informing authorities that Van Zyl was missing.

Helicopter search teams spotted Van Zyl's backpack on the banks of the Limpopo River, where his tracks ended.

Messages of support – some from people as far as the US – have been posted on his wife, Suré van Zyl's Facebook page.

They have two children, Sanél, 11, and SH, 7.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9479 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
UPDATE #16: Friday, 14 April 2017 - Feedback from the chairman at the Limpopo Hunters Liason Forum (LHLF) - Mr. Phillip Bronkhorst:

"Today exactly a week ago fellow PH, friend and family man Scott van Zyl went missing on the banks of the Limpopo River. The search and rescue team has done everything humanly possible to find Scott.

Lots of help and support was given by several organizations and individuals. We will not name all of them now but a list will follow shortly.

Since yesterday when POSSIBLE human remains was found, more searching was done today in the area. By around midday today general consensus was reached by the SAR team that they had done what was possible to find info on this puzzle and to find Scott. The SAR was called off for the moment BUT contact will be kept with locals, villagers and fisherman on both sides of the river to get more possible info from the locals on the ground.

A formal police investigation has been launched and each and everyone hope for a closure on this incident.
Please keep Sure, their 2 kids and all the family in your daily prayers and thoughts.

DNA testing on some of the content that was found in the stomachs of the crocodiles shot to verify if it is human or not will only be available in a couple weeks and up till then the uncertainty will remain and hope will prevail.

A full breakdown of total costs of this SAR is in process to be finalized and if you still want to donate please keep doing so. The funds generated now will be allocated towards Scott's family to cover any further immediate costs. Please also when sharing this message keep the info within the boundaries laid out by this message and do not trespass the boundaries of negative news sharing like we have experience the last couple days from several prominent news agencies."
Help spread the word!

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9479 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kathi:
UPDATE #16: Friday, 14 April 2017 - Feedback from the chairman at the Limpopo Hunters Liason Forum (LHLF) - Mr. Phillip Bronkhorst:

"Today exactly a week ago fellow PH, friend and family man Scott van Zyl went missing on the banks of the Limpopo River. The search and rescue team has done everything humanly possible to find Scott.

Lots of help and support was given by several organizations and individuals. We will not name all of them now but a list will follow shortly.

Since yesterday when POSSIBLE human remains was found, more searching was done today in the area. By around midday today general consensus was reached by the SAR team that they had done what was possible to find info on this puzzle and to find Scott. The SAR was called off for the moment BUT contact will be kept with locals, villagers and fisherman on both sides of the river to get more possible info from the locals on the ground.

A formal police investigation has been launched and each and everyone hope for a closure on this incident.
Please keep Sure, their 2 kids and all the family in your daily prayers and thoughts.

DNA testing on some of the content that was found in the stomachs of the crocodiles shot to verify if it is human or not will only be available in a couple weeks and up till then the uncertainty will remain and hope will prevail.

A full breakdown of total costs of this SAR is in process to be finalized and if you still want to donate please keep doing so. The funds generated now will be allocated towards Scott's family to cover any further immediate costs. Please also when sharing this message keep the info within the boundaries laid out by this message and do not trespass the boundaries of negative news sharing like we have experience the last couple days from several prominent news agencies."
Help spread the word!

AFRICA NEVER FORGIVES.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ironically a year to the day that he went missing we exchanged some emails about hunting crocs. I still have it in my Inbox! Sucks!!!

Never know what life has in store........

Arjun Reddy
www.huntersnetworks.com
30 Ivy Hill Road
Brewster, NY 10509
Tel: +1 845 259 3628
DSC booth # 236
SCI booth # 1148

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having spent many hunting days with Scott for the life of me, I can't figure out what he would have been doing in the water with crocs around. Feels like someone kicked me in the stomach!!!!

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuckmaxman:
Having spent many hunting days with Scott for the life of me, I can't figure out what he would have been doing in the water with crocs around. Feels like someone kicked me in the stomach!!!!

So very sad, with so many unanswered questions, especially this happening to an experienced man.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68613 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup. One has to wonder.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Likely not by choice.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate crocs. Actually I am terrified of them . I am not terrified of any other animal . This doesn't help change my thoughts.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
First of all, I wish to thank everyone who contributed to this cause from the bottom of my heart. When the news broke a week ago that Scott went missing and funds were needed to help look for him I turned to AR because I knew there were good people out here - many of whom had hunted with Scott.

It seemed an almost impossible task to collect R250K that was initially budgeted for the S&R effort. Whilst I do not have the exact numbers at hand I believe we accomplished that goal before the end of last Saturday - only with donations from fellow Outfitters, PH's and local business. The support we received from our peers was incredible! Almost as incredible as the response we got when the gofundme page was set up and International donations started coming in!

To me this shows that - in spite of the differences we have on occasion - we Hunters still have the ability to stand together and help each other out in time of need. THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH FOR THAT!

As one would expect; many different versions of the events that led to Scott's disappearance have seen the light in the media and on social media platforms. Much of it being pure speculation and some of it being a combination of what is perceived to be facts and further speculation.

Personally I still don't know all the facts. Once I do and if appropriate, I will share these here.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

Posts: 851 | Location: Sabrisa Ranch Limpopo Province - South Africa | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just curious if anyone has said if any of his clothing has been found?

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisTroskie:
First of all, I wish to thank everyone who contributed to this cause from the bottom of my heart. When the news broke a week ago that Scott went missing and funds were needed to help look for him I turned to AR because I knew there were good people out here - many of whom had hunted with Scott.

It seemed an almost impossible task to collect R250K that was initially budgeted for the S&R effort. Whilst I do not have the exact numbers at hand I believe we accomplished that goal before the end of last Saturday - only with donations from fellow Outfitters, PH's and local business. The support we received from our peers was incredible! Almost as incredible as the response we got when the gofundme page was set up and International donations started coming in!

To me this shows that - in spite of the differences we have on occasion - we Hunters still have the ability to stand together and help each other out in time of need. THANK YOU VERY, VERY MUCH FOR THAT!

As one would expect; many different versions of the events that led to Scott's disappearance have seen the light in the media and on social media platforms. Much of it being pure speculation and some of it being a combination of what is perceived to be facts and further speculation.

Personally I still don't know all the facts. Once I do and if appropriate, I will share these here.

Thanks again!

Well done to all who contributed. Let us hope that this ends well.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9947 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
It's all too easy for one to let his guard down. It could happen to anyone. A moment or two of distraction, carelessness or fatigue is all it would take. It's a terrible thing to contemplate.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
It has been confirmed that part of a boot - similar to the ones Scott was wearing on the day he went missing was found inside a third crocodile.

Let's keep the family and friends in our prayers.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
It has been confirmed that part of a boot - similar to the ones Scott was wearing on the day he went missing was found inside a third crocodile.

Thanks Chris....... I'm saddened but not surprised by the news.

Condolences to the family. Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

OMGosh, what a tragedy. Prayers sent.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 68613 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gundog 64
posted Hide Post
As could be expected the comment section of Saeed's link is full of disgusting remarks.

Posts: 788 | Location: MI | Registered: 26 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read several of the comments on the Saeed link. Those people disgust me. Justifying a mans death because he was a hunter. Pathetic bastards! Karma is a bitch!! I hope they all pay someday!!!

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuckmaxman:
I read several of the comments on the Saeed link. Those people disgust me. Justifying a mans death because he was a hunter. Pathetic bastards! Karma is a bitch!! I hope they all pay someday!!!

Agreed as to the commenters. No level of hell is too low for them.

My sympathy and condolences to family and friends of our lost friend and fellow hunter.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tragic and saddening.

Surmising on what likely transpired, is that he shed his backpack to better squat and rid himself of sweat and dust by dousing himself at the river's edge (one naturally tends to look straight down while doing so) ..... in this case, oblivious of the imminent danger lurking close at hand.

RIP unknown friend.

Posts: 2030 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fulvio:
quote:

Tragic and saddening.

Surmising on what likely transpired, is that he shed his backpack to better squat and rid himself of sweat and dust by dousing himself at the river's edge (one naturally tends to look straight down while doing so) ..... in this case, oblivious of the imminent danger lurking close at hand.

RIP unknown friend.

I am afraid that would seem to be the obvious conclusion. The dogs may have compounded the issue?

Both tragic and sad.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
I fired a Facebook friend (actual friend), because she said he deserved in a post with the article.

I got into it with her. I told her to tell that to his wife and two young kids. She said he was a poacher and the animals have kids, too. I responded that he was not a poacher, but a conservationist and that she had no idea about the African wildlife situation. I tried to explain more, but she went off. The antis are so terrible and hard headed. She then posted she wished it was the POTUS instead.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
Post her Facebook link.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 364 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
She said he was a poacher and the animals have kids, too

Is this coming from a human being??

How does she live every day of her life?

For every creatures that walks this earth to survive for one day, another must die!

Hasn't she ever heard of the Cycle Of Life?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

For every creatures that walks this earth to survive for one day, another must die!

Saeed. Unfortunately these people let there uneducated emotions govern their life. They will be the first to be consumed.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 364 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

'Same garbage occurred when Gibbo died. Silly, city-dwelling kids that think all animals are sentient beings with "families". They'll say the absolute, most awful things to make them feel better about their self-loathing selves.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Silly, city-dwelling kids that think all animals are sentient beings with "families".

That being the reason why these sub-species of the human race will stoop to holding candle-light vigils over a dead whale. Big Grin

Posts: 2030 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChrisTroskie
posted Hide Post
Just learned that the DNA tests proved conclusive.

RIP Scott. You will be missed.

Regards,

Chris Troskie
Tel. +27 82 859-0771
www.ct-safaris.com

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Although I didn't know him, RIP Scott. We will meet on the next level.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP Scott you are a great friend and will be missed

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP my friend! See you on the other side!

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Very sad. My condolences to the family.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sad but not surprised under the circumstances. Horrible way to go.

I tried to make a contribution for his family to the Frontline Foundation. I keep getting a message that there was an error in entering the amount. I finally gave up. I will try again today.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Reading the comments on an article and all I can say is that these assholes are subhuman. This is what we are up against.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP Scott

I would have liked to have known you.

May God bless and watch over your family.

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry: the most common problem when entering an amount is caused by entering a dollar sign or a comma. Please try again if that might pertain to your attempt and if that doesn't work, please let me know. The company that handles these credit card transactions has been notified and is looking into this also.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2895 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Very sad news and my condolences to his family.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal