THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    How many trophies have you shot in a week ?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many trophies have you shot in a week ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 375 fanatic
posted
1.how many trophies have you shot in a 7 day hunt

2. please list the trophies

"Buy land they have stopped making it"- Mark Twain

Posts: 914 | Location: Burgersfort the big Kudu mekka of South Africa | Registered: 27 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
Last hunt this past May. 7 day hunt - 5 Blue Wildebeest and 3 Gemsbok. On a plainsgame hunt, normally averages about 1 animal per day. Of course, I've had days where nothing was shot and a couple of times I've shot 3 animals in one day. One time I shot three animals in the AM and took the afternoon off.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2331 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
On a plainsgame hunt, normally averages about 1 animal per day. Of course, I've had days where nothing was shot and a couple of times I've shot 3 animals in one day.

Same for me.
One day I shot an impala, eland & warthog.
Had the old skinner quite busy that day.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
If somebody goes on a cull hunt in Namibia or South Africa, they could shoot a whole bunch of animals every day. If one goes out to shoot a lesser kudu in Tanzania he/she might not see one in a week. Therefore, what is the point of your question?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
And for those responding, it would be nice to know how many people have shot an animal at precisely 10:47:00 am local time and what animal it was . . . .

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
And more importantly, how many hunters have depleted the supply of limes in camp for a proper gin & tonic?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
And more importantly, how many hunters have depleted the supply of limes in camp for a proper gin & tonic?

LIMES you are talking LIMES when we have run out of spiced RUM and Brandy in camp. We had to make a liquor store run, in the middle of camp week, too many visitors showed up to taste the wares. How dare you mention LIMES when the ICE is running out.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1628 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did a 7 Day hunt to Masaai land March 2013 and took the following,

Day 1 Tommy and Grants
Day 2 WB Wildebeest
Day 3 Zip
Day 4 Baboon and Impala
Day 5 Lesser Kudu and Zebra
Day 6 Chased Buffalo with no luck
Day 7 Chased Buffalo with no Luck

Was a great weeks hunting with some good friends, we were 3 hunters and took over 24 animals during our stay

JK

Posts: 494 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
7 day Plainsgame hunt in 2011 Humani, Zimbabwe

Day 1 Nothing
Day 2 Waterbuck
Day 3 Warthog
Day 4 Kudu
Day 5 Impala
Day 6 Wildebeest & Bushbuck
Day 7 Bushbig

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 707 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
recent Bow hunt to Namibia,, still got jet lag,yuk,, but 2 blue wildebeest, one black wildebeest, one big warty,,one gemsbok, one zebra[burchells], one red hartebeest, 2 jackels...,, my buddy had 13 which was a camp record there,2 impala,2 blue wildebeest, one black wildebeast, one gemsbok,one red hartebeest,one zebra, one blesbok, one water buck,2 jackels, one wart hog,,,,,

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
The most I have taken on a seven day safari was six animals. The kicker is, I got to my camp three days late because of a broken airplane causing two misconnections. I didn’t get into camp till late on the third day too late to hunt that day.

This hunt was a package of six animals on a seven day hunt. On arrival I had time only to check the zero on my rifle before dark.

Morning of the 4th day just after sunrise I shot a very large Hippo with 28 in main tusks!

Day 5 By nine I took a nice Impala and fair Cape buffalo.

Day 6 a nice wart hog, and a very good Cookson’s wildebeest.

Day 7 Took the last animal a very nice zebra.

Day eight flew out back to Lusaka, for the trip home! That was a whirlwind trip for sure but my PH ,knowing I had little time , worked his butt off getting me on six animals in 4 days!
.................................................................... faint Jetlag uggh!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know. I don't make body counts.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wink:
If one goes out to shoot a lesser kudu in Tanzania he/she might not see one in a week.

Very true Wink and for anyone hunting Lesser Kudu which is only permitted on a 21 day permit over a period of 7 days must also be considered a spendthrift. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Very true Wink and for anyone hunting Lesser Kudu which is only permitted on a 21 day permit over a period of 7 days must also be considered a spendthrift. Wink[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's your opinion but believe me was a great Safari and worth every $$$ spent

Posts: 494 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 10 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jkhunter:

Very true Wink and for anyone hunting Lesser Kudu which is only permitted on a 21 day permit over a period of 7 days must also be considered a spendthrift. Wink[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's your opinion but believe me was a great Safari and worth every $$$ spent[/QUOTE]

JK

Without a shadow of doubt a superb trophy (almost only obtainable early morning or late afternoon/evening) and glad to read your rating it as a great safari, worth every penny.

Maybe you could share more details on how, where and with whom you were able to conjure up such a deal so as to facilitate the naysayers who are always bitching about the ridiculous TZ costs. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Showzah, dat's a beaut!

As to the OP's question. As many as my money allowed...

Posts: 4884 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
Don't actually know but I did deliberately shoot 2 Impala with one shot. Shooting bait animals and PH bet me I couldn't do it. Let them line up and took two. Also once killed 3 Kudu in less than an hour. Took two on the run out of herd. Shot at friends place for biltong. The 2 Impala were on my first safari. I must admit I was a pretty good shot then. The 3 Kudu rather upset my PH friend as I shot them on the run and he wasn't too in favor of that and second that I shot 2 before we even checked on the first one. The biltong was superb.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
7 Days in Zambia with Johnny du Plooy

Cape Buffalo
Croc
Impala
Puku
Cookson's Wildebeest
Bushbuck
Hyena

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:

Cape Buffalo
Croc
Impala
Puku
Cookson's Wildebeest
Bushbuck
Hyena

Hi Jim!!

Getting cold up there yet?

You're lucky on the Cookson. I hunted there four years in row before I eventually killed one.

Funny thing is, We saw a slob of a bull on my first trip. I hadn't planned on it and decided to let it walk, I had added an unplanned leopard and required days to a Lion hunt already. That was 2005. Finally put one in the salt in 2008, tried every year pretty hard.

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3557 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a relevant question, IMHO. I've gone days without even seeing anything worth following up. I've shot more than one animal in a day, but never averaged an animal a day on any hunt. That's not how I keep track of a safari's success.

That's one hell of a lesser kudu, by the way. He would be worth a week or three of my time. all by his lonesome. +1 to fujo's comment.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
4 buffalo bulls in under four minutes.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68790 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:
Originally posted by jkhunter:

Very true Wink and for anyone hunting Lesser Kudu which is only permitted on a 21 day permit over a period of 7 days must also be considered a spendthrift. Wink

Maybe that's your opinion but believe me was a great Safari and worth every $$$ spent[/QUOTE]

JK

Without a shadow of doubt a superb trophy (almost only obtainable early morning or late afternoon/evening) and glad to read your rating it as a great safari, worth every penny.

Maybe you could share more details on how, where and with whom you were able to conjure up such a deal so as to facilitate the naysayers who are always bitching about the ridiculous TZ costs. Big Grin[/QUOTE]

He's probably afraid to post a hunt report because you might ask him if it had an ear tag. jumping

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:

Cape Buffalo
Croc
Impala
Puku
Cookson's Wildebeest
Bushbuck
Hyena

Hi Jim!!

Getting cold up there yet?

You're lucky on the Cookson. I hunted there four years in row before I eventually killed one.

Funny thing is, We saw a slob of a bull on my first trip. I hadn't planned on it and decided to let it walk, I had added an unplanned leopard and required days to a Lion hunt already. That was 2005. Finally put one in the salt in 2008, tried every year pretty hard.

Steve

That Cookson was when Johnny named me Bwana Effin' Lucky. He did not mention you by name but said repeatedly say how lucky I was to find a shootable bull because so many come back multiple years to get one.

When I was booking he told me he would not likely have one left on quota for a 7 day Buff hunter that he usually saved his limited quote for the longer hunt cat guys.

I lucked out on both counts in that he had one left on quota and told me since I bagged out early on everything else we'd give the Cookson a shot if we got lucky. It was a long 200 meter shot through a small window of brush at last light. I think he was shocked I hit it proper.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 375 fanatic:

At Kanana (Botswana) I stopped counting. I think the PH also stopped counting. The package was 8 and then I was doing some cull stuff. Only one day nothing was shot - we spent the day chasing hartebeest - probably the best day of hunting I have had in my life. Shot nothing - was up on sticks 2-3 times. Bumped into animals closes to 12 times.

I ran out of 40 rounds of ammo - I had borrowed some from PH and I was using his crossbow.

Great place to shoot a lot of game. My guess is 14-15 animals. If I had ammo and time to collect the animals we could have shot 50 plus wildebeest. Trips back to the skinning shed were taking up a lot of hunting time.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 375 fanatic:

Last hunt with Sebra Safaris in 2013, I shot 2 jackels, 2 baboons, 3 cull gemsbok for rations, 1 trophy black wildebeest, 1 trophy red hartebeest, 1 springbok and 1 steenbok. I guess that totals 11 animals in an 8 day hunt. I'll be back with Sebra in 2015- can't wait.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
14 oryx in one day........culling.

And aprox' 60 baboons in 4 days...... Big Grin

Another trip I went 6 days before I pulled the trigger on a kudu bull.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i really don't know or care how many animals i shoot in 7 days, 10 days or 2 weeks. i am not a Ted Nugent, whack 'em and stack 'em hunter......

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13448 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for you, mate tu2

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
i really don't know or care how many animals i shoot in 7 days, 10 days or 2 weeks. i am not a Ted Nugent, whack 'em and stack 'em hunter......

I like to whack 'em and stack 'em. If I don't kill two or three a day I didn't get my money's worth. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
really sad.....

One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
The highest number could get a new SCI award.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
really sad.....

Not all all. I pay the trophy fees. I'd kill 8 or 10 a day if I could afford it. I like to show the mounts off to my buddies, they're whitetail hunters who are more impressed by quantity than quality and that's fine by me. I'm a rockstar in my little world.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
no doubt, a legend in your own mind.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
no doubt, a legend in your own mind.

Not really but the hunters in my neck of the woods worship a guy who's hunted the dark continent. I try to get them to follow in my footsteps but sadly few of them are willing.

The thing I tell them is Africa is not like America. In Africa you can kill as many species as your wallet can afford, not like America where you get to take one or two deer. If I could kill a hundred species in Africa in a week and hang them on the wall I would and if I could go back and do it again I would do that too.

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure that baiting is illegal on AR threads. It is too easy.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1849 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
if you consider 2-3 animals/day as average, you need to up your game to something that bites back. the standard will change. for the cost of 20-30 animals on a 10 day plains game hunt as acceptable, you could get down to business on a dangerous game hunt as far as cost. just out of curiosity, how many times have you hunted in Africa?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
if you consider 2-3 animals/day as average, you need to up your game to something that bites back. the standard will change. for the cost of 20-30 animals on a 10 day plains game hunt as acceptable, you could get down to business on a dangerous game hunt as far as cost. just out of curiosity, how many times have you hunted in Africa?

If you are adressing me I've been on plains game hunts. Not interested in dangerous game.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
The highest number could get a new SCI award.
Cal

The whack and stack wreath? Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SquirrelNut:
quote:

If you are adressing me I've been on plains game hunts. Not interested in dangerous game.

you didn't answer the original question. how many?? hunts implies at least 2. there are only so many plains game species in southern Africa. how many kudu, impala, wildebeest, etc do you want to shoot? it's a different dynamic when DG came is the target. but then, the SCI wreath is certainly a worthwhile endeavor. rotflmo