THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    How many trophies have you shot in a week ?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many trophies have you shot in a week ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
But to properly answer Rudi's original post (375 fanatic) I'd estimate about 1 to 2 per day if you are after only representative heads.

If you want a really good specimen of any species that eats up the time......as I said I went six days before I shot a kudu on one trip.

Not being too old or unfit and most importantly being able to shoot fast and when required over range makes all the difference too.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
Originally posted by SquirrelNut:
quote:
if you consider 2-3 animals/day as average, you need to up your game to something that bites back. the standard will change. for the cost of 20-30 animals on a 10 day plains game hunt as acceptable, you could get down to business on a dangerous game hunt as far as cost. just out of curiosity, how many times have you hunted in Africa?

If you are adressing me I've been on plains game hunts. Not interested in dangerous game.

you didn't answer the original question. how many?? hunts implies at least 2. there are only so many plains game species in southern Africa. how many kudu, impala, wildebeest, etc do you want to shoot? it's a different dynamic when DG came is the target. but then, the SCI wreath is certainly a worthwhile endeavor. rotflmo

I've only been on a few plains game hunts, I thought that was clear. I like to kill as many species as I can in the shortest time possible and fill up the wall of my family room.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
well, at 20-30 animals /hunt and at least 2 hunts( number still undetermined), you must have a very large family room to hold 40-60 animals. congratulations...

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13244 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
well, at 20-30 animals /hunt and at least 2 hunts( number still undetermined), you must have a very large family room to hold 40-60 animals. congratulations...

It's my money that pays for the fees and the mounts. Right? I don't give a shit what some asshole like you on the internet thinks. Who are you anyway? Probably some pissed off old man who smoked too much and is now sitting around with an oxygen tank wishing he could participate in life but it's now too late.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Worshipped SquirrelNuts:

I'm a rockstar in my little world.

This is damn funny.....the second coming of Rich the Idaho Shit Shooter

You wouldn't happen to be an elk slayer?

laffin

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rockstar SquirrelNuts:

It's my money that pays for the fees and the mounts. Right?
I don't give a shit what some asshole like you on the internet thinks.
Who are you anyway?

Instant classic you just spat out there rockstar

Your killin me!!!

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

... some pissed off old man who smoked too much and is now sitting around with an oxygen tank wishing he could participate in life but it's now too late.

I had a similar gentleman (though not pissed off) who had no problem walking about with his oxygen cylinder and tubes rigged under his nose.

He had a great hunt and went home with some equally great trophies and memories; in spite of his handicap he still enjoyed life to its fullest!

I have also had the privilege of being in the company of a youngster who was paralyzed from the waist down - yes, he shot mostly from the vehicle except for his Leopard, Lion and Croc.

This kid still enjoyed life as best he could so maybe you ought to give it a second thought before you talk about the less fortunate amongst us.

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:

... some pissed off old man who smoked too much and is now sitting around with an oxygen tank wishing he could participate in life but it's now too late.

I had a similar gentleman (though not pissed off) who had no problem walking about with his oxygen cylinder and tubes rigged under his nose.

He had a great hunt and went home with some equally great trophies and memories; in spite of his handicap he still enjoyed life to its fullest!

I have also had the privilege of being in the company of a youngster who was paralyzed from the waist down - yes, he shot mostly from the vehicle except for his Leopard, Lion and Croc.

This kid still enjoyed life as best he could so maybe you ought to give it a second thought before you talk about the less fortunate amongst us.

+1 Fulvio. I couldn't agree more.

Plus, although Jerry (JDollar) doesn't need me defending his abilities perhaps Squirrel Nuts should read this hunt report. I wonder if he would have called his Mamma when he realized he was in Cameroon, on a self guided hunt, with no gear.

Thread

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7611 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
OK.OK, I admit it Mr. Nut. I am jealous. it must be great to be a rock star. you know, like the Dire Straights lyric- "money for nothing and chicks for free". what a life!

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Rockstar, squirrels nuts.....

Pin a pic if only to show us your celebrity and rub salt

Or not......hint

This tells for certainty

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing is quite as off putting as some one standing over their still quivering conquest asking about the next available target. Guess I am an asshole too.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
Nothing is quite as off putting as some one standing over their still quivering conquest asking about the next available target. Guess I am an asshole too.

Jeff

+1, to me there is a difference between hunting and killing.

Mike

Posts: 21392 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I see a bit of a contradiction here. There was a thread a while back about Taxidermy vs Pictures only. There was a huge amount of posting in favor of...and I quote, "Save the taxidermy money" that way I can go back and kill more stuff with the money saved on taxidermy. I see no real difference here as to what SN is saying.

CHC has made the point more than once, who cares? If a guy wants to kill 4 animals a day, I don't care one bit. Live and let live.

There was a time, in my hunting where body count mattered. It doesn't now.

Regards,

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3450 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
his original statement was "if i don't kill 2-3 animals/day i don't feel i am getting my money's worth". sure, it's his money but if trip quality is determined by body count, i think he is missing out. but hey, when you are a rockstar, who am i or anyone else to disagree. go for it, Ted....

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Not only a "Rockstar" but "worshipped"

Can't wait to see the proof of this pudding

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like to whack 'em and stack 'em. If I don't kill two or three a day I didn't get my money's worth. Smiler

This is poetry

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not all all. I pay the trophy fees. I'd kill 8 or 10 a day if I could afford it I like to show the mounts off

I'm a rockstar in my little world.

Laffin....

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:

hunters in my neck of the woods worship a guy who's hunted the dark continent.

How big is your congregation....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not really but the hunters in my neck of the woods worship a guy who's hunted the dark continent.

That being true you do realize the folks you are calling assholes would be minor deities, don't you?

A couple maybe not so minor...

Sounds like you should work a deal with a game rancher to do a cull hunt where you could keep the capes/horns, then you could shoot 10-15/day.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't take yourself so seriously there, Chief.

I was just having fun yanking chains on that thread in the African forum.

Don't believe anything I posted.

I'd wager that for real I have more experience than you would guess.

From the political forum

Look for a Rockstar

I'd say he just ousted himself as a full of shit liar

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
quote:

From the political forum

Look for a Rockstar

Looks like the takeaway quote there is "Don't believe anything I posted." Personally, I'll take his advice every time I see his ID.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9858 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of the argument we were having once of how well one can shoot at long range.

Eventually, I told them "one hole at 1000 meters!"
"You are kidding?"

"Nope! Every single bullet makes one whole at 1000 meters!"

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67469 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
quote:

From the political forum

Look for a Rockstar

Damn - he wants you to stop bothering him and polluting his post on shooting black people.

He also has a gun for sale in the classified section.

Life in rockstar land must be tough.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
nice to know that i am not the only one who realizes that Mr Nut is full of it. i seriously doubt he has ever left his parent's basement and changes the tin foil on his hat regularly. but i bet he can manipulate Garage Band software and play the air guitar with the best of them.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JD...when mr. "squ nut" said you were "on oxy wishing you could participate in life ,but now it's to late"..I knew that all he was pushing was BS...I bet you could not get him to follow you on a self guided safaris in Cam. or run a croc off ,get barefooted,and wade waist deep in a swamp looking for hippo,like you did on two trips this year..I think that Ted is spot on............

Posts: 282 | Location: TALLAHASSEE,FL | Registered: 08 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
More bullsh on AR. Saeed has a great forum for us to learn. It ain't a peck$& measuring contest. I'm tired of the infighting here. As others have said, we need a unified front. The antis have it. We all have different methods and styles of hunting. Let's respect them all, as long as legal.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3436 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
More bullsh on AR. Saeed has a great forum for us to learn. It ain't a peck$& measuring contest. I'm tired of the infighting here. As others have said, we need a unified front. The antis have it. We all have different methods and styles of hunting. Let's respect them all, as long as legal.

...........ABSO-DAMN-LUTELY! old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
Interesting. I see a bit of a contradiction here. There was a thread a while back about Taxidermy vs Pictures only. There was a huge amount of posting in favor of...and I quote, "Save the taxidermy money" that way I can go back and kill more stuff with the money saved on taxidermy. I see no real difference here as to what SN is saying.

CHC has made the point more than once, who cares? If a guy wants to kill 4 animals a day, I don't care one bit. Live and let live.

There was a time, in my hunting where body count mattered. It doesn't now.

Regards,

Steve

Steve,

I don't really see it this way. Money for more trips does not equate to body count by the hour. Seriously where is the enjoyment of merely piling up large number of carcasses as fast as possible? Nut job brought this issue up by asking about the number of cartridges he could hope to expend in seven days. He did not post a hunting report with 35 dead animals where everyone piled on him. So Mac, I don't agree with you either. It is quite appropriate at this juncture where someone is asking about behavior appropriate prior to the fact to attempt to educate them.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote