New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR meeting in Dallas
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Count me and my crew in for Sat night too.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Is Javier's a blue jeans or slack type of place? Is this going to be a dress up type of dinner?

Mike B.

Posts: 26 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I plan on wearing nice blue jeans, after all it is Texas.
However I will have a good bottle of Single Malt Scotch. Big Grin

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted Hide Post
I plan on attending. I may have to go to Africa the last week of Jan. Yes, this will be my 7th or 8th trip (I've lost count) to the Dark Continent, all without a rifle. If I am in the US, count me in.

Congressional power is like a toddler with a hammer. There is no limit to the damage that can be done before it is taken away from them.

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay, folks, here's the final-ish list for Friday night's dinner. I had to cut it off last Friday for confirmed reservations. Perforator, I'll be happy to put you on the waiting list if you'd like; without having confirmed your spot I couldn't list you. I anticipate a few might drop off, so you and anyone else who can come please let me know asap and I'll add you to the waiting list. First listed, first confirmed.

The rest of you, I'd appreciate it if you'd do three things:

1. Confirm your name below and number of people, and let me know if it's not right;
2. PM me or email at dennism@airmail.net and give me the casual name you'd like to use on your name tag (we intend to have your AR name and casual name ... PostDriver, Dennis)and also casual names for your guests if so registered; and,
3. Note if you'll need transportation from the Marriott Suites to Javier's.

Friday Night at Javier's:

1 PostDriver
1 CChunter
2 577NitroExpress
2 Dulcinea
1 Dougaboy
3 Retreever
4 N E 450 No 2
1 Lhook7
2 Rich Elliot
1 Rusty
2 Mighty Joe
1 CFA
2 30ott6
2 SBT
1 Hog Killer
1 MacD37
2 George S
3 Mike B
2 GAHunter
1 VFR1
1 Dakota45056
1 Jeffeosso
1 Bobc
1 470CapstickA2
1 Frank Beller
2 Butch Searcy

I talked to Javier today and he almost passed out when I told him how many we have confirmed (42). He said the only way he can handle us on a Friday night is to place us all at separate large tables but together in one section of one of the main dining rooms. He said to plan on seating around 8pm but it might be a few minutes later than that depending on clearing the tables of earlier diners; perhaps as late as 8:30 before he can assure us all of seating. In the meantime we can have drinks in the cigar bar, or for those not wishing to go in there, there's a limited amount of space in the front bar.

Attire, as pointed out earlier, is nice jeans and up. I'm still not sure of transportation arrangements, but we'll have something worked out leaving from the Marriott Suites for those who need trans, just please let me know so I can get an estimated head count.

Keep in mind that if you or others who are not confirmed for this AR group would like to eat at Javier's that night or whenever, you're more than welcome to make your own reservations and enjoy the restaurant. It's just that the group above will be assured of sitting together, etc.

This should be a lot of fun: placing faces with names, etc. I'm really looking forward to it! More posts to come concerning details.

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Email sent as requested.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is your official notice Smiler :

THE FRIDAY NIGHT AT JAVIER'S THREAD IS BEING MOVED TO ITS OWN TOPIC IN THE AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM!

It just got so long, and since there's also the Saturday night thingie going on, I thought we'd better segregate them to aviod confusion. Please do not post about the DSC Friday night dinner on this thread any more...take it to the new one.

Please open up the FRIDAY NIGHT DSC DINNER thread on the forum...there's some great news on there as well. I still need confirmations and names from a lot of you...see the new thread for info.

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted Hide Post
I just got a confirmation that I will be in Africa from the 23 - Jan to whenever. Dang, I wanted to make it. I hope you guys have a great time and be safe.

Enjoy

Congressional power is like a toddler with a hammer. There is no limit to the damage that can be done before it is taken away from them.

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We'll miss you, Perforator.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY MORE ABOUT THE FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER ON THIS THREAD; IT NOW HAS ITS OWN THREAD PER ABOVE. don't wanna get messed up with the other weekend activities !

one of us
posted Hide Post
The good news is, I'm getting so old and my memory so bad that I can't remember who on the attendees list I like or don't like.

That means I'll have to make nice to everybody! Smiler

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can someone PM me and let me know how long show will last on Sunday. I will be at a ranch in Mexico up until Sunday and thought I might fly into Dallas as a sidetrip on return. Would arrive at show around noon and leave around 5:00pm. Too late, not enough time? Have not been so curious of your thougths.

Thanks,

York, SC

one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
BigBBear- PM sent

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks 30ott6.

To all:

Thinking now of a slight schedule change and coming to Dallas on Thu night. The convention data shows beginning Thu the 26th but the expo hall really opens on Fri. What is going on Thu and will the expo hall be open. Should I just wait for Friday?

Thanks for help

York, SC

one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Suggest you arrive on Friday. If you have followed this thread and the one above it, a group of us AR members are going to dinner on Friday night then we have a gathering at the Marriott on Sat. from 5 to 8pm.

Read Postdriver's thread above and read the beginning of this thread for more information.

John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
30ott6, thanks. Not a lot of time for me to get through thread as boarding plane soon. I will arrive Thursday night and be at the show all day Friday but must leave Friday afternoon to get home. Would like to join you for dinner. What hotel are most of you guys staying at? Sorry for late questions but I just was able to make it fit to go. Appreciate any help.

York, SC

one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Alot of us are staying at the Marriott Suites Market Center but most won't arrive until Friday.
Our dinner is scheduled for Friday night but sounds like you will miss it. Sorry BigBBear, was looking forward to meeting you!

John

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:

What is going on Thu and will the expo hall be open. Should I just wait for Friday?

Thanks for help

Thursday, is a set up day for the exibitors, not open to the general public.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
count me in for 2007

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Anyone need a room? I have a spare at the Holiday Inn Select at Dallas Love field.

Just PM or email me. I can make you a deal!
rkmojo@aol.com

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty, I may need a room. I'll check with my other potential to see if that's a go, and if not I'll be talking to you about your spare. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Room is taken!

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Just got notified that I have to take a trip half way around the world. Frowner Unfortunately, its nowhere that I can hunt. Called the Marriot and cancelled my reservation. That means there is a spare room! Wink
Everyone have fun...and think about me on an island in the Indian Ocean.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote