Tools

AR meeting in Dallas
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bwanahile
posted Hide Post
quote:
I fully expect folks to ask me questions about sundry stuff

So that is the term.."sundry stuff". I imagine that Ray will use that term as well if his attorney allows him to speak. Sorry JudgeG, used to enjoy your posts but you now have the credibility of a personal injury attorney, not a Judge. JMHO. Others appear to be willing to forget. Those who do not study history (past behavior) are destined to repeat it (e.g. wrong end of "sundry stuff").

Posts: 757 | Location: Nashville/West Palm Beach | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
There are no formal plans for Friday night, but if thirsty, I imagine that (as usual) some folks will be at my suite at the Mariott Suites at Market Center from 5 to 7 or so. Rich... I'll see you then?

"Sundry" means "several, but somewhat related", and it seems that some folks are mad at me about more than one thing??? I thought it a good word to express that anyone is welcome to ask me anything they wish if they run across me at the Market Center. I look forward to seeing whomever on the "floor" or in the "Board Room"... but let's leave the contentious stuff at the convention. That's all.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cunningham
posted Hide Post
See ya'll there. I'll be bring a couple of friends that have been to Africa with me.

Global Sportsmen Outfitters, LLC
Bob Cunningham
404-802-2500

Posts: 580 | Location: I am neither for you or against you. I am completely the opposite. | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
By my count, it looks like a total of 32 AR members, wives and friends are planning on attending!! This is great! thumb

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Add 3 more, my wife and a friend will be there.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Will be attending DSC this year! Add one more for Sat., will help defray costs when I arrive.

Dak

Posts: 495 | Location: USA | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
BTT for some members who may have missed this thread.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A party and seeing old friends from ALL OVER the world is what ever you chose to make it.
If you show up with a chip on your shoulder then you most likely will have a poor time.
Might be better if you took your mad someplace else.
I am sure many don't think my poop smells as sweet as I do but I will be there smelling up the place anyway. Looking forward to seeing the gang and I will be wearing high tops and brown...hate to wade in and ruin new shoes! Wink

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
A party and seeing old friends from ALL OVER the world is what ever you chose to make it.
If you show up with a chip on your shoulder then you most likely will have a poor time.
Might be better if you took your mad someplace else.

Sounds like good advice to me! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be there! I'm working the show as a DSC volunteer in the Silent Auction area ... y'all drop by and say 'hi'. I'll be there Friday and Saturday.

I might suggest that we plan a dinner one of those evenings at Javier's, an upscale Mexican restaurant (wide variety of types of food). The owner has hunted widely and has a number of good mounts in the restaurant. The place also has an attached cigar bar that's very nice as well. Food prices, if I remember right, are in the $20-30 range and the food is excellent. It's my go-to place for birthdays, etc.

If everybody agrees, I'll call Javier and try to set something up. We'll need reservations, and if we get enough folks we might be able to get one of their private rooms.

Whadda ya think??

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
The place also has an attached cigar bar that's very nice as well.

From my very limited experience, you do not have to smoke to max out your nicotine consumption in the cigar bar. Nothing against it, but do not go in unless you expect to smell like a cigar.

(The cigar bar is separate from the dining room if I recall correctly and you do not have to smell like one if you do not want to.)

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with PostDriver, Javiers is a great place to go. Lets pick a night and figure how many are going?

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Javier's Restaurant

Man, I love the Filete Cantinflas.

Another place you might consider is one of the churrascarias. I've only eaten at the Texas de Brazil on Cedar Springs, but there are several in Dallas. One price, large salad bar and all the grilled meat you can eat. Don't know if anyone of them have a room that could be reserved for a large party.

Texas de Brazil

Rafian

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I am in for Friday or Saturday night my wife and I...
Let's support a fellow sportsman...

Mike & Cherie thumb Javier's

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Count me in for both nights as well. I am really looking forward to meeting you guys.

Meeting for dinner sounds good. Either night would work and I don't care where we eat, but I do like Javier's FWIW.

Doug

Posts: 280 | Location: Ft. Worth, TX | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I second Mike. Just tell me where to be and how to get there.

Dulcinea & Mrs.

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Javier's looks good to me! You can count my father and I in. We will be there Friday and Saturday evening!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dulcinea:
I second Mike. Just tell me where to be and how to get there.

Dulcinea & Mrs.

Here is the page from Javier's Website where you can get a map.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, I'll call Javier's tomorrow and set us up for Friday.

They'll need a head count soon, but for now I'll reserve for 20.

Let me know if you can make it! Let's have a ball!

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PostDriver:
OK, I'll call Javier's tomorrow and set us up for Friday.

They'll need a head count soon, but for now I'll reserve for 20.

Let me know if you can make it! Let's have a ball!

Count me in.

cchunter 1 person friday night

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok, so far the count for Javier's Friday nite
is:

1 PostDriver
1 CChunter
2 577NitroExpress
2 Dulcinea
1 Dougaboy (great handle btw)
2 Retreever
1 N E 450 No 2 (or is it 2, Tony?)

Other folks, please post your intentions...the more the merrier!

As we get closer to the event, I'll try to arrange some type of transportation from the show to Javier's.

Sounds like fun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Put me down as a maybe for 2. I am not sure what time I am flying in yet.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay, Put me down for 2 people on Friday evening since Candi has a ticket on the same plane as me Wink
Where do we meet that night? I'll get into the Marriott around 6:30. Guess,with 2 it's about as economical (that means cheap) to take a cab from the airport as opposed to one of those vans that stop everywhere.

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
One for dinner Friday and Saturday.

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I got it. homer 5-7 at the Judges suite Friday night is the meeting place.
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Updated list as of this morning:

1 PostDriver
1 CChunter
2 577NitroExpress
2 Dulcinea
1 Dougaboy (great handle btw)
2 Retreever
1 N E 450 No 2 (or is it 2, Tony?)
2 Lhook7 (please confirm asap)
2 Rich Elliot
1 Rusty

We'll plan on having transportation from the Marriott Suites (maybe even a 'Kalahari Ferrari' Smiler).

I believe the show closes at 6pm, so everyone should have time to freshen up and either get to the Marriott Suites or head out directly to Javier's. As time draws nearer, we'll get a head count of how many folks will be heading out from the Marriott and arrange proper carriages.

We'll prob do something like having an arrangement for those who want to return to the hotel right after dinner, and something else for those who want to stay awhile and enjoy a cigar and/or drink in the cigar bar.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I may have as many as 4 if my wife videographer ans PH go. I will check with them.

one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
need a head count soon, but for now I'll reserve for 20.

Let me know if

Add two as My Bride and I will definitly be in attendence. Looking forward to seeing all.

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mighty Joe
Looking foward to seeing my 2 bear hunting buddies. Have you got your bear rug back yet?

one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post
John,

Count me in, will look forward to seeing everyone.

CFA
Fred Andrews

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FRED!

Glad to hear that you'll be joining. I can't wait to hear about your two new ladies!

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Add 2 more. The wife and I will be there.

John

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
And another two.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Woo Hoo ! The list is growin', folks ... Heck, we might have to take over the whole restaurant Smiler

As of this post:

Friday Night at Javier's:
1 PostDriver
1 CChunter
2 577NitroExpress
2 Dulcinea
1 Dougaboy
2 Retreever
4 N E 450 No 2
2 Rich Elliot
1 Rusty
2 Mighty Joe
1 CFA
2 30ott6
2 SBT

Wow, 24 so far ... keep 'em coming! We should be able to get a private room for sure.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Count me in.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CFA
posted Hide Post

Glad you are coming. I will try to bring some pictures. Why have one mistress when you can have two right? The "new" Holland is about 20 years younger than the first one. Younger women, faster horses and older whiskey!!

Fred

*If you are not hunting in Africa you are planning to hunt in Africa*

Posts: 465 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 15 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PostDriver:
Woo Hoo ! The list is growin', folks ... Heck, we might have to take over the whole restaurant Smiler

As of this post:

Friday Night at Javier's:
1 PostDriver
1 CChunter
2 577NitroExpress
2 Dulcinea
1 Dougaboy
2 Retreever
4 N E 450 No 2
2 Rich Elliot
1 Rusty
2 Mighty Joe
1 CFA
2 30ott6
2 SBT

Wow, 24 so far ... keep 'em coming! We should be able to get a private room for sure.

Stick my name in there as well!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Please add two more. thumb

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Post Driver,

Please add three more for my brother, his wife and myself. Looking forward to DSC show and 2006.

MikeB

Posts: 26 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CFA:

I will look forward to catching up and learning about the new hot young lady in your life.

577NitroExpress