Find
Notify
Tools

Namibian recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted
I have a good friend at church that wants to hunt southern Africa in 2015, plains game, 10 days. He wants me to go with him. I've never been to Namibia and I'd like to suggest it to him. He needs an economical hunt; I'd prefer as fair-chase, no fence, as open concession as possible. I recall an outfitter that hunted in the north of the country on, I believe, government land, but I cannot recall his name.

I really haven't completely gained clearance from the war department and my friend's plans could change, but I wanted to at least be able to offer him a suggestion, even if I don't go along.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
We just got back from a hunt in Namibia a couple weeks ago with Leopard Legend Hunting Safaris. I'd highly recommend them. We did a 100% free-range hunt on the Sesfontein Conservancy with L'wyk and it was an incredible experience. The conservancy hunts in Namibia are a great way to experience real Africa without breaking the bank. My report is here http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2541008202

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with ORPA twice and been very happy. Fair prices and low fence. I believe he post on AR from time to time.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kowa's is the best I've been to...great accomodations and game. Let me know if I can hook you up with them by email.

Posts: 20161 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Karl Stumphe (Ndumo) used to do a tent camp in the far north west of Namibia that was 100% open range.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I have hunted twice in Namibia with Jan du Plessis of Sebra Hunting Safaris and am already booked for June 2015. Do a search here on AR for Sebra Hunting Safaris and you'll see universal praise for Sebra. His prices are most reasonable considering the very high quality of the animals on his properties. Last but not least, his beautiful wife Mariesje is a gourmet cook and a sweetheart.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Westfalen Safaris http://www.westfalenhuntnamibia.com

Our own Greg Brownlee books for them and they provided the hunt described below. Great plains game and a good cat population if you are into that sort of thing.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...201006361#4201006361

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kowas from what my friends tell me are exceptional...look up AR member Terry Blauwkamp and PM him... a sure man with integrity, with an excellent reputation...he can set you up mighty good or PM me for all his details I'll hook you up with Terry easy...he just got back from another SUPERB safari tu2

Next for me is Greg Brownlee his connection is GREAT!!! Super agent and a great otfitter/product and the price is right...I hope to do this one in the very near future{ ...tendrams been there and he's been dying to get back!!!)

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Late-Bloomer:
and he's been dying to get back

You've got that right! The price is certainly right at Westfalen and you can't beat the game concentration in the area. In relative terms it is not too much work for us to get to Namibia from Cairo so I keep telling my wife we need to pop down there for a week of Kudu hunting!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
quote:
Originally posted by Late-Bloomer:
and he's been dying to get back

You've got that right! The price is certainly right at Westfalen and you can't beat the game concentration in the area. In relative terms it is not too much work for us to get to Namibia from Cairo so I keep telling my wife we need to pop down there for a week of Kudu hunting!

Go gettem my friend Big Grin tu2

BTW...PM me with a CAIRO update please shocker

stay safe!!!

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with African Twilight Safaris.
1 group at a time.
Only a few cattle fences. Private land, lots of game, great people

Posts: 121 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
As Tendrams said, we're the agent for Westfalen Safaris. They're fantastic hosts and cost is very reasonable. Since 2008 I believe we've booked 50-60 safaris with them without one hiccup, and 100% of the clients we've sent there said they would go back in a heartbeat.

Would love to earn your business on this one, let me know if I can do anything to help.

Greg

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
I hunted Gras Ranch in Namibia in 2005. Great place, lots of land, accomodations were superb. On the home page below there are some great pictures. In the 11th picture I am in the camo with my friend who took that wildebeest.

http://www.grashuntingranch.com/

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2597 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hunting concession land will be significantly more expensive than hunting private "farms" (which we would call "ranches" and the Aussies would call "stations".) Plains game is also usually scarcer on the concessions. So if price is a significant factor you may want to look at private land hunts.

In the central/lower north portions of Namibia acreages tend to be smaller and many farms are entirely high fenced. If you go south from Windhoek (where the Gras ranch the previous poster mentioned is located) farms tend to be larger and may be only partially high fenced for breeding pastures or other management purposes. Nomtsas farm, which is near the Gras (an excellent place itsef), is huge and has only "token" high fences which are no longer maintained to contain game. We hunted there in 2007 and killed as many of our trophies on the larger low-fenced portion as on the high fenced acreage. I would definitely recommend Nomtsas or the nearby Gras for outstanding plains game (almost all of the 27 trophies that three of us took were "gold" SCI). See http://www.farm-nomtsas.com/

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Hentie Van Heerdan is a good friend and very fine hunter. You would do well to look him up.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Huge thumbs up for Keerweder Safaris.

Posts: 168 | Location: Canada | Registered: 22 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lot's of good recs it appears to me. I shared camp at Kowa's with Terry Blauwkamp and Roland is correct......he's extremely knowledgeable, having been on something like 27 safaris.

I would personally never, ever book a Namibian hunt with an outfitter that has a sliding scale trophy fee structure on certain animals. It's a cluster waiting to happen.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another plug for Westfalen. Great operation, and the food is wonderful. Juliana knows how to do a lot with a little in the kitchen.

We spent 14 days there in July and took 13 animals.

Great first safari for my wife, myself and my parents.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted Hide Post
Agarob Hunting Safari's, hunt on horseback in the mountains west of Windhoek. Beautiful ranch and great people. Going back for a 3rd visit in another year.

Africa Bug " Embrace the bite , live for adventure "
EJ Carter 2011

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gras Hunting Farm is very good, hunted there 2013..

This year we hunted Kalahari Hunting Safaries:
http://www.kalaharihuntingsafaris.net/

The last is a family operated farm near Aroab in the south, close to the SA border, fair and square Afrikaners..

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote