THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Albino buffalo and other unusual buff.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Albino buffalo and other unusual buff.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have always been fascinated by unusual animals most often with unusual horns or antlers. But it has recently come into my head that an albino cape buffalo would be an ultimate trophy

I was just wondering if anyone else had ever heard of albino cape buffalo?

while looking through the internet i came across this image but could not find any further detail:

Regards, S.

Regards, S.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...9pI&feature=youtu.be

"Where is an elephant's sexual organs? on its feet because if it steps on you you're fu*ked"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seen one with a white band round the middle- photo published in African Hunter. John Northcote's client took a nice one with a band and a white one with a black band... but never a pure white one

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i wonder if any pure white ones are rejected by a herd and never survive

Regards, S.

"Where is an elephant's sexual organs? on its feet because if it steps on you you're fu*ked"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another unusual buff.

Regards, S.

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
We saw an albino cow in the herd we hunted in the Selous in 2001. According to our PH, they usually saw her several times a year, and they thought that she was the lead cow of the herd.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Not exactly a white cape buffalo, but there was a white water buffalo being mounted at the taxidermist when I dropped an animal off the other day.

There was a show awhile back on Discovery or Animal planet about some unusual animals in Africa. The ones I remember were a very pale lion, a cheetah with spots that looked like strips, and a light green crocodile. I'd really like to run into the pale lion or a black leopard one day (and conveniently being hunting for the species) - it sure would make one helluva trophy.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw an albino water buffalo when hunting in East Arnhemland with Simon Kyle-Little, but we couldn't get across a delta to get to it.
What a trophy that would have been!

Posts: 227 | Location: Calgary, Canada | Registered: 06 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what was the programme on Discovery called?

Regards, S.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
John F Burger wrote about a albino buff being shot in Tanzania in his book Horned Death.

Posts: 174 | Location: Cumbria | Registered: 30 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Sidney, I'm sorry but I don't remember the name, I came upon it as I was switching between channels.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't worry

Regards, S.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shot a bull in Kansoso Busanga Zambia in 2006 that had a white nose.

Posts: 97 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevens:
there was a white water buffalo being mounted at the taxidermist when I dropped an animal off the other day.

Ya gotta watch those Texan taxidermists.......

rotflmo jumping rotflmo

Sorry 'bout that but I just couldn't resist it. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You filthy pom, can see you been in white river for too long

Went in to the butcher last week and Rowland said I had to come see this monster fish. I go in there and there is a 13lb trout there. I ask if the guy was going to mount it, Rowland points to the blood at the back of the fish and says, I think he already did.

Posts: 423 | Location: Natal - South Africa | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
lets not stray from the original post please.

Steve if you remember you took my family on a buffalo hunt last year? it was a ten day hunt and after ten days none of the Hiscox's had got a buffalo

Regards, S.

One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidney Hiscox:

Steve if you remember you took my family on a buffalo hunt last year? it was a ten day hunt and after ten days none of the Hiscox's had got a buffalo

popcorn

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
It does not appear to be an Albino as it would need a pink nose and eyes. It would also need pink in the ears.

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sidney,

Firstly I'll stray from a post anytime I like and I don't need permission from anyone to post any comment I wish. Once you've been a member here for a while, you'll find threads often wander off topic for a while, then come back on topic and it's all part of the fun.

Secondly, there's an old saying that says 'what happens in the bush, stays in the bush' and I usually observe that policy but as you strayed from the post by raising the subject yourself, I'll make an exception by saying that I remember the hunt very well indeed and even without consulting my diary, it was a shame one member of your family got sick and took to his bed for some days and then left early with another member of your family thereby not completing anything like a ten day hunt.

You might not be aware of this because you were not on the hunt but I should add that all members of your family had plenty of chances to take Buffalo and the other five in the party all took Buffalo.

Getting back on topic, if you do a search, I think you'll find someone posted a pic a few years ago of an albino Buff from South Africa.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
quote:

Sidney,

Firstly I'll stray from a post anytime I like and I don't need permission from anyone to post any comment I wish. Once you'll been a member here for a while, you'll find threads often wander off topic for a while, then come back on topic and it's all part of the fun.

Secondly, there's an old saying that says 'what happens in the bush, stays in the bush' and I usually observe that policy but as you strayed from the post by raising the subject yourself, I'll make an exception by saying that I remember the hunt very well indeed and even without consulting my diary, it was a shame one member of your family got sick and took to his bed for some days and then left early with another member of your family thereby not completing anything like a ten day hunt.

You might not be aware of this because you were not on the hunt but I should add that all members of your family had plenty of chances to take Buffalo and the other five in the party all took Buffalo.

Getting back on topic, if you do a search, I think you'll find someone posted a pic a few years ago of an albino Buff from South Africa.

Touche' !! Big Grin

Posts: 307 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 19 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So sorry Steve, it is just what i was told happened last year and it doesn't matter we got some buff this year in the Selous that made up for it. Here is the report:

8 Buffalo in 9 days. Selous R2 Ruaha. One Charge.

Oh and 'what happens in the bush stays in the bush' doesn't apply here considering how many thousands of hunting reports there are.

Anyway i don't want to argue with you because it is not worth it but you know what you wrote about that trip is not truthful but if you can live with that then its fine. shame

White horns.

Regards, S.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Confused Seems to me you should be more than welcome to share what happened on your hunt or your family share what they experienced.

I have heard of what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. But what happens in the bush stays in the bush???? HMMM if thats the rule it certainly doesnt apply here on AR. Safari experiences good and bad are shared here for people to make their own judgement.

So as far as what happens in the bush stays in the bush thats just pure bullshit. bsflag

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pauly3511:
Confused Seems to me you should be more than welcome to share what happened on your hunt or your family share what they experienced.

I have heard of what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. But what happens in the bush stays in the bush???? HMMM if thats the rule it certainly doesnt apply here on AR. Safari experiences good and bad are shared here for people to make their own judgement.

So as far as what happens in the bush stays in the bush thats just pure bullshit. bsflag

popcorn

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of silkibex
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's the wrong bush

Posts: 210 | Location: Central Asia/SE Asia | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote