Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
Originally posted by mark smith:
Steve I live in a country where I cannot import lion or leopard. My interest in hunting came from reading Jim Corbett and John Hunter as a boy in the 1950's . According to you I should give up my dreams of hunting because some weasel in government decided they don't like me to hunt. Then you come along and would criticise me for hunting for memories. I plan to hunt leopard next year despite the views of the Australian government and you.

Mark

Your case is certainly not what my heartburn is, you have no option. The cases I am referring to, obviously have a choice in the matter. Would you leave the animal there if you were allowed to import it? My guess is no.

As to Hunting for Adventures response, I'm a bit confused. He seems to think that Lion hunting should be reduced so everyone who wishes to, can?

If he doesn't agree it's an expressive endeavor, maybe he should be the booking agent whom breaks through and finds Lions for the price of say, a buffalo hunt? 12-15K?

To be honest Steve, I don't see why you should have any "heartburn" at all because another hunter's viewpoint on African hunting and the mounting of trophies may be different than yours.

I don't see how it is any skin off your hide one way or another???

Personally, I would be happy for any hunter who managed to kill a lion in a fair chase hunt at a cut rate price.

Decades ago, I once hunted a lion for free in RSA when it escaped from Kruger and started killing game on a game farm. Due to other circumstances we weren't able to get the lion, but it was still an exciting (though short) hunt.

From some of your comments, it appears that you believe lions should be reserved for those worthy enough and wealthy enough to pay top dollar.

Not for us common folk "Let us hunt buffalo"!

BH63

BH63,
The point remains, some hunting is more than others. If Lions are more than a Buffalo or a Leopard or whatever, thats not my problem. You seem to have an issue with me telling you that there likely isnt a Lion hunt priced at Buffalo prices.

Its a dead horse, I'm finished beating it, carry on. Like I stated in my original post. I'm the outlier on this and I recognise it. A full 81% of the responents on this issue fall in your camp.

Regards,

Steve

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3529 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Link to poll results.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...22/showpollresults/Y

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3529 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunting For Adventure:

Is there somewhere i can apply for the right to kill your iconic species? Just gotta make sure we keep the po' folk from shooting our lions.

Peasant!

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found a discounted lion hunt in RSA (non-exportable) for $8k all in. A lioness can be had for $6500.00 USD. Includes everything but airfare and tips.

So apparently there are a few places where you might be able to get a lion at a fair rate.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Yea, for sure- if your idea of lion hunting is a high fenced 100 acre pasture..

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13395 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffHunter63:
Found a discounted lion hunt in RSA (non-exportable) for $8k all in. A lioness can be had for $6500.00 USD. Includes everything but airfare and tips.

So apparently there are a few places where you might be able to get a lion at a fair rate.
I thought you said you didn't want a penned animal

BH63

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Yea, for sure- if your idea of lion hunting is a high fenced 100 acre pasture..

Be careful there Jerry, you'll be accused of being an elitist. Roll Eyes

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BH63 Please email me on neilduckworth@mokore.com.
Think I have what you are looking for. Sorry couldn't figure out how to PM you!

Posts: 229 | Location: Coutada 9 Mozambique | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote