New
Find
Notify
Tools

avoiding canned hunts
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Bob in TX:

You certainly lack the good manners of most real Texans I ever met. You could use a real smash in the mouth to teach you some good manners.

Please don't talk about any exotics turned loose ina foreign habitat and lkiving on fenced in property. They are fed in bad times during the year aren't they? That alone is enough to make them beasts turfnedd out for slaughter.

You sound like a shill for the multi million dollar a year business that the 'exotics" are.

BTW,if you want to make something of it come up here where I'll stick a 40 S&W up your fucking nose and pull the trigger. Clear enough for you?

Posts: 8 | Location: Hicksville, NY | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Whoa Gerry, did we miss something here? [Confused]

quote:
Bob in TX:

You certainly lack the good manners of most real Texans I ever met. You could use a real smash in the mouth to teach you some good manners.

Please don't talk about any exotics turned loose ina foreign habitat and lkiving on fenced in property. They are fed in bad times during the year aren't they? That alone is enough to make them beasts turfnedd out for slaughter.

You sound like a shill for the multi million dollar a year business that the 'exotics" are.

BTW,if you want to make something of it come up here where I'll stick a 40 S&W up your fucking nose and pull the trigger. Clear enough for you?

Posts: 19173 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gerry- If you have something to contribute,please do. Your attack mode makes me think you are an exotic also: A TROLL. Seriously though- there are a ton of post on this general topic you can search out. You may find that it is not cut and dried. And if you want to kick my ass, I will gladly give you directions. Bob Butler.

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Gerry or Gerry416,

A death threat......not only are you ignorant, you are unbalanced. The examples I cited have nothing to do with the "exotics" industry in either state. If you would do a little research before threatening to kill me, you would find that out. They are also not fed in bad times. These are free-ranging animals just like the whitetails and mule deer in the regions they inhabit. Here is some additional information:

"The Aoudad is free-ranging and wary, a combination that makes for a very exciting hunt. Originally introduced to the Davis Mountains of West Texas in the 1940s and 50s, by some of James Baird's relatives, these Barbary Sheep are natives of the Barbary Coast of North Africa. Aoudads in Davis Mountains are said to grow larger horns than they do in their native country, with rams taken having up to 34" horns (measured from the horn base to tip). Average harvested rams are 28 to 30 inches, with efforts made to avoid smaller and younger rams.
Aoudad hunts are very challenging. Native to the rocky, desert mountains of North Africa, the sheep have made themselves quite at home in the similarly dry and rugged terrain found in portions of Texas and New Mexico where they were turned lose many years ago.Today, huntable populations of free-ranging, wild aoudad sheep can be found roaming the Texas Panhandle's Palo Duro Canyon, as well as the mountains of southwestern Texas and the nearby craggy peaks of southern New Mexico."

"What is the oryx?
The African oryx, or gemsbok, (Oryx gazella) is a large African antelope that now lives in southern New Mexico.
Why are they here?
Purpose of introducing exotic big game: The New Mexico Department of Game and Fish wanted to establish a huntable animal population in an area where there were not currently huntable numbers of big game.
Species Considered:
The Ibex - This member of the goat family from Siberia and Iran was introduced into the Florida Mountains near Deming, New Mexico. The ibex has been successful in that area and has begun to move out of the mountains and onto the plains.
The Barbary Sheep - This African wild sheep was introduced on land near Picacho, New Mexico. The Barbary sheep has become well established there and has expanded its range.
The Oryx - This African antelope was introduced to the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico. The oryx was brought from the Kalahari Desert in Africa to an experimental range at Red Rock New Mexico."

Retired attorney, huh........forcibly retired, disbarred, and sent to the pen for shooting a judge that didn't agree with you?

Geesh,

Bob

By the way, I would be careful about issuing death threats!

[ 07-14-2003, 03:22: Message edited by: Bob in TX ]

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerry416:
Bob in TX:

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Here we go again... School is out for the summer....

Some people can accept the introduction of facts into a discussion, and go away better informed.

Others have developed a severe allergic reaction.

Rick.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Apex, NC, US | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote