Find
Notify
Tools

Dande North
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Neil-PH
posted Hide Post
Never fooled me at all - see my comment of page 1.

Posts: 536 | Location: The Plains of Africa | Registered: 07 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This thread made fools of alot of people-the ones on the "been to African many times therefore I know" train.One poster(srose) is even a close friend of the expert "Lionhunter"-LOL

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Would have brought tears to my eyes to have to leave a pair of 100 pound tusks behind! Good fun and congrats to Kpete on an ellie well hunted and a joke well played!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Now that is funny -- I had this forwarded to my by at least 5 other experts this am.
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 933 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Poor form all around....... thumbdown

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
I am surprised there is so much whining over what was a joke. If you find such things offensive, then go over to the thread about getting rid of Walter's picture and let loose some vitriol over there too.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All in good fun. I enjoyed the joke.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1929 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
You posted this in good fun, and that's how it should be viewed. Anybody that gets their pantys in a wad over a picture on the internet needs to take a deep breath. Well done!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dwarf416
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the joke! My father is thinking of hunting elephants again due to your photo! What a laugh I had with him when I told him it was a joke. You made him dream again with africa...WELL DONE

diego

Posts: 645 | Location: madrid spain | Registered: 31 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPete:
... Hopefully, those who were offended have had their blood pressure return to normal and won't be suffering any lasting ill effects...

Actually, most of those on anti-hunting sites (e.g. Lionaid) do not read the posts after the original link (which said it was a hoax). So, your 15 minutes of fame will be eternal thanks to Internet. Wink

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
As I have said before I must be the dumbest person who reads these forums but I absolutely fail to see the 'humor' in this report. I have always thought I had a good sense of humor but in this case it absolutely fails me. I just plain don't see it.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
After the initial shock of seeing the photo & being genuinely proud for Pete, I checked the calendar to make sure I hadn't been in a coma for a few months & had awoken on April 1st.
I thought it was a great joke!

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Hard for me to believe anyone from AR would really be upset about the post. The idea that Kim can't good-heartedly make a joke on this forum without be called an asshole says something troubling indeed

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:
Hard for me to believe anyone from AR would really be upset about the post. The idea that Kim can't good-heartedly make a joke on this forum without be called an asshole says something troubling indeed
Hunters bashing other hunters... that's standard fare.

I wonder if CMS will be lambasted for being in on the prank too? Roll Eyes

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
If we don't have fun as hunters then what's left?
Damn Kim, my blood pressure was 160 over 144
Honestly, Too bad it is not true
I thoughtt I witnessed history
Cool anyway, what a hoot

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by BaxterB:

I heard SCI was behind it,

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KPete:
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:

To be clear: CMS was not involved. My idea, my photo setup, my post, my fault. Simple as that. I am the only legitimate lambastee.
Gotcha mate. There was NO harm done.

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
This thread made fools of alot of people-the ones on the "been to African many times therefore I know" train.

The tusks are just a lighthearted joke in my mind,
But I have seen some real world sad sack fools on AR,
like the ones who denigrated and castigated PH Stu taylor...
for 'apparently' using donate money to hire a lawyer to sue the client who shot him,
Which of course was completely not true!
Ill informed accusation and unfounded conclusions is what they idiotically based their rash minded
bandwagon attack on.
Even when Stuarts father respectfully came on AR to clear up the false accusation, they then turned on him
and accused him of being an imposter.......total buffoons!

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Carl Frederik Nagell
posted Hide Post
Kim

Your photo fooled me good. And it gave me some good laughs afterwards.

Thanks for posting

CF

Posts: 490 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 04 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
I gotta be honest, I fell for the pic the first time I saw it. Was giddy and happy to know there was at least one monster still out there in my lifetime. In an odd way, I felt like I was back in the Golden Age everyone talks about with hundred pounders around every corner; I truly felt happy for Kim and what an amazing experience that must have been. Then, when I saw it was a goof, I laughed my ass off and knew why Kim's smile was so big in the pic. It was well done, and from my perspective, makes me think there is perhaps one monster still out there on license, if only I could afford it.

One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
My god that was a good one! Seriously I would have expected that one from Saeed!

It all comes down to the fact that I like many other fell to the picture, because we still would like to believe there are giant tuskers around, seriously thanks for making me believe at least for a short while Smiler

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 532 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't believe that so many people fell for that. It was obviously a spoof from the start.
What amazed me was that Mike Jines didn't come right out and say it from the beginning.
You must have surely realised Mike that if it had been such a fantastic trophy Mr Charlton wouldn't have missed the opportunity to be on the picture as well Smiler

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carl Frederik Nagell:
Kim

Your photo fooled me good. And it gave me some good laughs afterwards.

Thanks for posting

+1
CF

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its just like looking at a photo of a beautiful woman, You don't see anything else in the photo.

Posts: 2837 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R.Jolly:
I can't believe that so many people fell for that. It was obviously a spoof from the start.
What amazed me was that Mike Jines didn't come right out and say it from the beginning.
You must have surely realised Mike that if it had been such a fantastic trophy Mr Charlton wouldn't have missed the opportunity to be on the picture as well Smiler

And they would have looked so much more impressive compared to someone so stature-impaired. Eeker

I am sure Myles is trying to find some way to include it in the CMS marketing literature.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote from M-Jines-

"And they would have looked so much more impressive compared to someone so stature-impaired."

Mike I dont want to hear any complaining of "Buzzers Death marches" in February as they will be fairly common with statements like that!!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Quote from M-Jines-

"And they would have looked so much more impressive compared to someone so stature-impaired."

Mike I dont want to hear any complaining of "Buzzers Death marches" in February as they will be fairly common with statements like that!!

Just take comfort in the fact that Eddy will always look up to you.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now Mike, that's just cold! lol

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
My God!!! Whats the Trophy fee!!! Cool

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
Quote from M-Jines-

Just take comfort in the fact that Eddy will always look up to you.

Ouch...that's just mean. rotflmo

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
I am really amazed that some are angry/upset at this event. Plenty of people who probably should know better were duped too so why the hostility from people who have good reason to NOT know better? Some guys just have no sense of humor and completely lack the ability to laugh at themselves. What a shame.

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tendrams:
I am really amazed that some are angry/upset at this event. Plenty of people who probably should know better were duped too so why the hostility from people who have good reason to NOT know better? Some guys just have no sense of humor and completely lack the ability to laugh at themselves. What a shame.

Exactly. I agree completely. Some folks need to lighten up. Life is too damn short to let something like this upset them.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful trophy. Congratulations! A side note: You can store them here with me in Canada indefinitely!

Jim

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Great photo, great joke. Don't let cranky people get you down.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
KPete:
with all the emotion generated here, how about doing the following: post the pic with you kneeling with the small tusks and state it was the one photoshopped and you really did take a 160-pounder. Then let the sparks fly!
I think any good prank, if not hurtful, brightens my day.
Cal
PS. Now I must confess one. All of my writings of shooting and hunting with a .600? Well, it's actually a .22 long rifle double rifle and I use photoshop to enlarge the rifle, bullets, ammo, etc. It is time to get this load off my chest.

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kim, there is an old, if somewhat coarse saying that applies here. "F*** 'em if they can't take a joke."

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I KNEW IT-I KNEW IT-IKNEW IT!
Cal's a fraud, probably doesn't even exist, just a computer generated human likeness.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Lion a Aid has figured out how F'n stupid they were to post that yet?

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
The trophy fee should be based on how big the trophy looks in a photo. That'll keep this trickery to a minimum!

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
After reading all these responses I am more confused than ever. HUMOR - Definition- Something that is funny. FUNNY - definition- affording mirth and laughter. Please explain to me where a simple picture of some tusks and a man standing affords mirth and laughter. I am not in the least upset about the picture being a fake. I could actually care less. I am amazed that people are upset about the picture. I can see how it could be construed by some as a joke,but just barely. I am really dense and I suppose these entries expose that to everyone on this forum.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote