Notify
Tools

What did you buy at DSC???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted
Inquiring minds want to know!

I'll start... a King of the Mountain wool jacket and a Beceite Ibex hunt in Spain for 2013 for me and the missus with Caza Hispanica!
No gun this year... I did handle quite a few but Mike Jines kept looking over my shoulder and making me nervous.

Next...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered an Arrietta Model 557 in 16 bore. It'll arrive in May or June. Also, a couple hunting books.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
A SmokinTex smoker, a pair of of GripSwell shooting gloves, a pair of engraved (sable/elephant) crystal salt/pepper shakers, several DSC shirts, several videos including the new ones from Aaron and Buzz, and a pair each of new Russell Moccasin boots. No hunts, but I'm researching fishing trips and a 2013 caribou hunt for my wife.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4781 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
New toys:
.577 Purdey 2.5" black powder double, cased.

Holland & Holland break down in original case, .375 H&H

Westley Richards in .375 H&H.

Will sell any or all to serious collectors. Serious buyers can email me and I'll send asking price.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6822 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Forgot one thing - two of Buzz's videos.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buzz's new video, a few shirts, 3 stuffed animals for my son, a subscription to Sporting Classics, and an eland hunt with Jamy Traut

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boyt leather slip case, JB Hill boots, Sporting Classics subscription, renewed Sports Afield subscription, and an exotic hunt at Recordbuck.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Murrey belt for me and a bag for my wife. North Fork bullets. African Hunter subscription.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Nothing serious" -- (the standard answer for the wife). Unfortunately, she has now figured out the program -- Hunt: deposit, balance a year or more later; Rifle: deposit now, balance later; Taxidermy: deposit now, balance later. For years, especially with overlapping trips, the total cost was a mystery -- to everyone but my secretary who kept the files.

Seriously though, at Dallas I only purchased some Red Ox gear, a couple of books, a rifle sling and a cartridge slide. "Nothing Serious."

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
A fox fur trimmed cashmere stole, two blouses, a wooly mammoth bracelet, a ring and a necklace (from Ivan's beautiful wife)... and none of it was, alas, for me. Big Grin

But the ladies had a great time, I reckon?

Oops, I did forget my present! A life membership in DSC. And that ain't bad at all.

Dang... I bought a elephant leather money clip from Will, too. I have it in my pocket as I type. First class stuff, that.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7697 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Two books from Mr. Boddington, some North Fork softs and A-Frames for my new to me CZ .416 Rigby. And I don't know...two maybe three beers.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Ammo carrier,cull belt,gaiters,and thristing for the A Zoli 450/400 that I saw there,now for the wheeling and dealing Big Grin

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
The problem with you DSCers is you cull all the good stuff before the rest of us get a chance to look at it at SCI. Frowner

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Hunt Deposit.

Rifle Deposit.

Courtney Boots.

DSC Membership.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwanna:
The problem with you DSCers is you cull all the good stuff before the rest of us get a chance to look at it at SCI. Frowner

Well all the more reason to come to DSC.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Couple of videos and plane tickets for Zim in August :}

Dakota Traveler .458 WM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rifle sling
Belt
Chili dogs
Courtney boots
Gaitors
Chili dogs
Magazine subscriptions
Wooden bread basket for wife
Chili dogs
Beast of Legend dvd
Real cool campaign chairs & table
Chili dogs
Book on trophy rooms

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two pair of stalking boots for my son:
Courtney Selous and Russell Thula Thula PH.

Also, Buzz's new ele DVD and Jeff Wemmer's new Omni-Gaiters for me to enjoy.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Bog Pod tripod, tactical flashlight with scope mount, ceramic blade folding knife, 4 ceramic blade kitchen knives( gotta buy something for the wife), Boddington's ele hunting DVD and Karl Stupmf's donated auction ele bull hunt in the Caprivi( needed a reason to justify the elephant hunt- if you got the video, you should put the info to use!)

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13430 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
Bought a lifetime membership to DSC... Buzz was sold out on leopards, as were several others I talked to..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You folks that bought Courtney Boots. Who did you buy them from? Maybe they will be in Vegas.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought some Northfork solids for my 505 Empire and 505 Gibbs rifles. I also came away with a nasty case of Double-Rifle-itis!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by impala#03:
You folks that bought Courtney Boots. Who did you buy them from? Maybe they will be in Vegas.

I believe it was African Sporting Creations at DSC.

The Wesley Richards people at SCI could stock them as well, I think.

Jack Hood

DRSS

Posts: 253 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 19 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunt
King of the Mountain lightweight pants, shirt, and jacket
6 CDs and 3 books. one book was Kambaku.
Sling, belt, and gators fron Texas Hunt Co
Renewed with Global Rescue

Posts: 1819 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
For the wife: Life Membership in the NRA
Safari Jacket
Caps (she loves em)
Other stuff I can't remember

For our best friends: Caps
Safari Jackets

For me: Safari Jacket
Hand Made Shoes from Russell!!!
Subscription to Sports Afield
DSC knife
Other stuff I'll remember later

Posts: 4 | Location: Van Buren, AR | Registered: 12 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I emptied the briefcase last night and found all of these:

Croc Skin Belt
Custom fitted, filtered ear plugs.
Grip Swell Shooting Gloves
Big Botswana Tuskers Vol II
The Essense of Elephant Hunting
GHR's Global Hunter IV and V
Two ZH Caps
One Mokore Cap
One Mokore hugger
Four Tix to Zim

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
V-C .470 double (really nice), confirmed dates with Lou Hallamore for elephant in 2013.
bwana cecil: I hope you bought some Underburg (or took a free sample or two) to go along with all of the chili dogs!

Karl Evans

Posts: 2908 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
confirmed dates with Lou Hallamore for elephant in 2013

Good for you. Lou is a great guy..you'll have fun. Just speak clearly...his hearing isn't what it used to be!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs: It will be our 3rd hunt with Lou and he might be a bit testy on this trip...no where to fish! And he hears plenty good if you step on and break a twig...

Karl Evans

Posts: 2908 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info on the Courtneys. I'll check them out in Vegas.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buzz's videos
Ring for the wife
a couple of books
V-C double rifle

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
It was good to see Bill with Trader Keith at the show. I picked up a culling belt for the .577, some snap caps and foam wads from Bill. A couple of books to add to the collection. A couple of the Red Oxx gun slips and a Little Rob. A hat and some other odds and ends. Also nailed down trips for 2012 and 2013. A good show and thank goodness for the nice weather this year.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I booked two 10 day safaris, in Argentina and Africa. A pretty good convention.

Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
I bought Will's new book, had dinner with bwanamrm and friends, and did not have my car towed this year at Texas Land and Cattle.

Not to mention an elephant hunt.

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Buzz's video

trip to Argentina for March (stag, buff, boar, blackbuck)

Tix to Argentina from Steve Turner

scheduled my leopard mount from Dan and Wildlife Gallery

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man, it sure looks like alot of you guys had more fun that I did!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron
Thats the difference in being the kid with his allowance in the candy store & the guy working in the candy store.
But speaking for us kids, thanks for being there for us.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks many People not buying hunts....DVD`s and Books are the Bestseller nowdays !

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
415sbaird: you might want to think about different soles for your thula thula's: the issue soles are very slick; I spent my hunt slipping on grass and sliding down ravines-subsequent to the hunt I returned the boots to Russel and changed the soles to a more user friendly type. Otherwise really like the boots

Posts: 1138 | Location: St. Thomas, VI | Registered: 04 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Chick:
415sbaird: you might want to think about different soles for your thula thula's: the issue soles are very slick; I spent my hunt slipping on grass and sliding down ravines-subsequent to the hunt I returned the boots to Russel and changed the soles to a more user friendly type. Otherwise really like the boots

I concur. I bought the Thula Thula's as well 2 years ago. Took them to Zim twice. Wore them one day, slipping and sliding the entire time. Had to go back to my other boots. However, I did use them this past June on my Leopard hunt. While the PH, camera man, and my son walked into the blind in socks, I wore the Thula Thula's. They are perfect for that!