THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Well, It Is THAT Time Of The Year Again!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, It Is THAT Time Of The Year Again!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Got both my Tanzania visa and Emirates firearms permit today.

So all we have to do now is wait for our flight later this month.

Alan is finishing with a client shortly, and he starts hunting with one of our own AR members.

This gentleman finishes a couple of days before our arrival.

Roy and Rene are coming over here for a couple of days on their way to Dar, a couple of days before us.

Rene says she needs to oversee Walter's food requirements herself - she hears enough complaints from him, though no one else ever complains.

Maktoum, a young cousin of mine, and a very close friend of Walter, is coming along to keep Walter occupied.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68662 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Always enjoy your daily posts. Almost like being there and brings back lots of memories.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sniper
posted Hide Post
Safe travels and good hunting!

"In the worship of security we fling ourselves beneath the wheels of routine, and before we know it our lives are gone"--Sterling Hayden--

David Tenney
US Operations Manager
Trophy Game Safaris
Southern Africa
Tino and Amanda Erasmus
www.tgsafari.co.za

Posts: 883 | Location: Tennessee, USA | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Ah, another year. Looking forward to your posts. Travel safe.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
is walter bringing his blaser

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:

Nope!

Posts: 68662 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't wait! Definitely one of the highlights of the year for me!

Posts: 249 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Go well.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9953 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Good grief, how can it be a year already?

Have fun.

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the reports and photos.

We really appreciate you sharing the safari with us.

Thanks,
Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeeds photography is what I enjoy the most.
Words cannot adequately describe it.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it! Same rifles and loads as last year, I'll assume?

Posts: 1447 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:

Nope!

Big Grin

Have a great hunt.....

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
I hope you all enjoy another epic and safe safari. This is, what, 31 consecutive years for you and Roy?

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the best for a great safari. Stay safe! Have fun!

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Wish you all the best on the trip.

Happy hunting with lots of laughs as usual.

I can't wait to read of the new tricks and pranks you guys get up to.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11208 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
I hope you all enjoy another epic and safe safari. This is, what, 31 consecutive years for you and Roy?

We are both too old to count past the fingers on our hands

Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya'll be careful.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10377 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip. I look forward to your outstanding photographs every year, especially the closeups of insects crawling on various bulls' junk.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1388 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I can't wait! This last week I just re-watched all the videos of all the past safaris, and it took the whole week, but it gave me a safari fix. much of the footage I had forgotten so it seemed like new footage in some of the early films.
I noticed in the later film that Walter's shooting is getting much better. I didn't see one animal that he shot in the balls! Big Grin
..............................................................Mac old

Good hunting Saeed!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bud Meadows:
Have a great trip. I look forward to your outstanding photographs every year, especially the closeups of insects crawling on various bulls' junk.

I will be happy to send a few ticks if you are feeling jealous

one of us
posted Hide Post
I will be looking forward to the hunt report.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got both my Tanzania visa and Emirates firearms permit today.

So all we have to do now is wait for our flight later this month.

Alan is finishing with a client shortly, and he starts hunting with one of our own AR members.

This gentleman finishes a couple of days before our arrival.

Roy and Rene are coming over here for a couple of days on their way to Dar, a couple of days before us.

Rene says she needs to oversee Walter's food requirements herself - she hears enough complaints from him, though no one else ever complains.

Maktoum, a young cousin of mine, and a very close friend of Walter, is coming along to keep Walter occupied.

I hope Maktoum has an electric shock collar just Walter's size......

Posts: 10360 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish you a great safari Saeed...

As the germans say...Gute Jagd und fette Beute.. Wink

Posts: 3974 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Enjoy!

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LIVING THE DREAM! Have a wonderful safari and come home safe.

Posts: 298 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 13 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope you have a fantastic trip Saeed, nevermind the ammo' don't forget the camera!!

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Best of luck, Saeed! (And Walter, too!)

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Finally, the annual expedition is here again for our entertainment. Thanks for sharing. clap
Say hi for me to Roy, Rene, and Alan. wave
Glad to hear they are well and still looking out for Walter, the pampered whelp of decadence himself. cuckoo
Good luck to all, especially Maktoum if he has to share a tent with Walter. salute
popcorn

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Maktoum knows Walter very well.

They are pooling their knowledge together in inventing new ways of screwing things up.

I have to tell you when they decided to make black powder one day

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:

I shudder to think.... Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8033 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Like the black salt you used! Big Grin

quote:

They are pooling their knowledge together in inventing new ways of screwing things up.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11208 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
Like the black salt you used! Big Grin

quote:

Don't you start to ruin my reputation now!

what I put on my hard boiled eggs IS gun powder.

And I have many witnesses looking as I pull the bullets out of my ammo before eating it.

We gave some to one of our drivers, who smokes.

And told him not to smoke for a couple of hours.

He did not smoke all day, just top make sure he did not blow up!

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
I pity the Buffalo!!

Have a great and safe trip. Look forward to the report.

Cheers
Jim & Joyce

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know what some of us would not do without our Walter fix!

Good luck to you all.

Saeed, I hope you get a chance at elephant or Lion again.

I hope Walter can find some walterable buffalo, although with his new buddy, maybe having a car that will make it out of camp will be a challenge... Have Alan lay in a supply of old african bicycles for him and Maktoum!

Posts: 10986 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Another upcoming chapter in the Book of Walter that Saeed will eventually be writing for our pleasure and benefit! rotflmo tu2

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Another upcoming chapter in the Book of Walter that Saeed will eventually be writing for our pleasure and benefit! rotflmo tu2

Trouble is, not many would believe what I write!

Did I mention the time someone had to pick pieces of lead in bedded in his groin? Using long nosed pliers??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck to you all, looking forward to hearing about your adventure..tu2 jc

Posts: 1138 | Registered: 24 September 2011Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I try to get Walter organized but it does not work most of the time.

I got him a course of Malarone, I counted the tablets so he takes all the necessary ones.

I put them all in a pack and wrote his name on it.

I also wrote that he should start taking them on two days before our departure on the 28.

But, I did not take into consideration that I gave him all these before the 26 of last month!!

He started his course in the 26 of last month, and was asking why do the tablets finish before we are there