Find
Notify
Tools

Here be Dragons.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted
Does anyone know the details of this photo? The croc is of mammoth proportions.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Bill Jones on the left, but that is all I know.

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
Cahora Bassa Mozambique in Simon Rogers area. Don't know the size, I would think 15'+.

Monster.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Brownlee:
Cahora Bassa Mozambique in Simon Rogers area. Don't know the size, I would think 15'+.

Monster.

Thanks Greg and I would say 16'+ considering angle of photo and 3 feet of tail on the ground?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
look at the girth on that thing ! I Would love to see a picture of it on the ground.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
One does not need a vivid imagination to figure out what he ate to get that big....

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Knowing Bill Jones, he probably shot it with F. C. Selous' .256 Farquharson.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was shot 2 years ago. It's was 16 ft. I think it was actually shown on tracks last year. Bill wounded it first and then found it a few days later. Some people claiming its 26ft. Haha.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like Ivan Carter next to it.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
It is Ivan
And yes to Mark, as I watched that episode

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thant thing is huge! If you haven't done so, click on the picture, it takes you to Andrew Baldry's photobucket and there are some really good photos there.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
It does look very big.

But, I have found that a croc hung from a tree tends to give you a much bigger impression of its size than laying down on the ground.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not Ivan Carter...The p/Hunter is Rob Oostindien a long time p/h of Simon Rodgers. A big lizard no the less..am sure it must have eaten a few moz fisherman in its time.

Posts: 114 | Location: Africa | Registered: 29 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It does not look like Ivan to me.

It is a big croc all right!

However, as Saeed says the perspective makes it look different. The length of the tail is way too short in proportion to the body in the photo- showing the photographer was closer to the head and that makes it look bigger and thicker compared to the rest of it.

If I was forced to guess, I would say 14-15' due to the perspective, but wouldn't disagree if someone said 16'.

Posts: 11030 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Had a look at Mr. Rogers website and he has taken some very serious crocs indeed. Something he excels at. Good stuff.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is indeed Bill and Rob shot on the south bank of Cabora- there are some huge crocs in that area as well as the North Bank where I have hunted alot. That croc was 15.3 ft but has huge girth! I am yet to see an honest 16ft croc!!! Cheers Buzz

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The FB posts yesterday were saying 28', which would make Bill 13'. But at least no one's called it Bismarck yet Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not Ivan. But Bill Jones was the hunter. We aired the episode on Tracks Across Africa TV. Hell of a croc!

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I have Episode 179-238 on DVR, must have been before that?

Huge lizard no doubt, I'd love to watch that one

Posts: 1019 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a beast.

Posts: 10380 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:
It is indeed Bill and Rob shot on the south bank of Cabora- there are some huge crocs in that area as well as the North Bank where I have hunted alot. That croc was 15.3 ft but has huge girth! I am yet to see an honest 16ft croc!!! Cheers Buzz

Lake Chamma Ethiopia.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
quote:
Originally posted by Buzz Charlton:

Lake Chamma Ethiopia.

True, never understood how that now closed area was so much superior in producing big crocs to the rest of the continent, going into lake chamo and wanting a 16 footer was not an unreal expectation, hell they shot a couple of 17 footers and even some 18 footers!

By the way that is a very impressive croc shot by Mr. Jones!

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 532 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
According to my Facebook feeds it was taken in about 10 different places in Louisiana.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote