THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Mark Sullivan Lion: Client’s Recent Success 7-12-14_leopard, buffalo, trackers added
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark Sullivan Lion: Client’s Recent Success 7-12-14_leopard, buffalo, trackers added
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark Sullivan is far from the only PH who has his picture taken with client trophies.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen too many on this site or any other site that I visit Larry.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Truth be told the trophy photos on any safari should probably be limited to the trackers. The trackers are responsible for 60-70% of the success of the hunt. The next most logical photo candidate would be the PH. The PH is responsible for 20-25% of the success of the hunt. The least qualified member of the team to be in a trophy photo is the hunter. The hunter's contribution represents 10-15% to the success of the hunt. The hunter shows up, pays the bills and pulls the trigger on the specific animal identified by the PH, hopefully at the point of aim directed by the PH and after a successful stalk by the PH and the trackers. I see nothing wrong with photos of the trophy with the trackers and/or PH, they played a more direct role in the successful hunting of the trophy than the hunter in the vast majority of cases. Just another example of much ado about nothing.

Mike

Posts: 21698 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Why not in the rules of this site, just advise everyone that pictures and/or even mentioning Mark Sullivan is not permitted?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice lion.

quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
Mark Sullivan is far from the only PH who has his picture taken with client trophies.

I have seen that many times. It is just a lot easier for the PH to use the pics with just himself to mail them around etc.

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2092 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another perfect example of "why not to post a hunt report on AR". Learned this years ago and only send reports to those folks who have requested one. Big Grin dancing Sad indeed. 2020

Larry Sellers
SCI(International)Life Member
Sabatti 'trash' Double Shooter
R8 Blaser
DRSS

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great cats!!

Posts: 10364 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with a PH taking a shot of a trophy by himself. They produced it, and if they want an image to enjoy and look back on to remember a special moment, who should begrudge them that. None do so trying to imply that they pulled the trigger, but without them, the trigger would have never been pulled in the first place. Hell of a safari.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Great trophies regardless of what the haters say in regards to the PH in question.

I have no problems with a PH posing with the trophies. I would not want a picture of myself with the trophies used as part of a marketing campaign. That leaves the PH.

I am also glad that the pics are posted. As it provides information on the type of trophies that one can get with a particular PH.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why anyone is upset with Sullivan posing with the animal.

How often do you hear a guide in the US say, "I killed five bull elk last year?" Well, as Mike Jines points, he had a lot more to do with it than those five hunters.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Haven't seen too many on this site or any other site that I visit Larry.

Don't you have some deer to shoot on Glenda's place?

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who really cares? It is a damn fine Lion. Unless it was someone I knew personally, I would pay no attention to whatever Homo sapien is kneeling with said beastie.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what area in TZ?

Posts: 1920 | Location: St. Charles, MO | Registered: 02 August 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I say many client hunters today simply do not want to be abused by not only the antis, but by other hunters when their pictures are posted on public forums. Many have told me they don’t want their pictures on a safari company web-sites either. That is a personal choice, and must be respected.

I see nothing wrong with the PH and/or the trackers being in the trophy pictures with the client. In fact that is my favorite picture. All my pictures are with me, the PH, and the trophy, or with all the trackers, me and the trophy.

It is human nature, when you see a trophy, and one person holding a rifle, to assume the person in that picture is the one who shot the trophy.

My favorite field picture is the trophy, the PH and the client holding the rifle that killed the trophy. That IMO, is simply an honest picture that leaves no doubt who shot the trophy, and also give credit to both client and PH!

Threads like this one, is one of the reasons I have rarely posted even a text hunting report on the internet!

.....................................................This is one draw-back of computers! killpc

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MacD37:

It is human nature, when you see a trophy, and one person holding a rifle, to assume the person in that picture is the one who shot the trophy.

My favorite field picture is the trophy, the PH and the client holding the rifle that killed the trophy. That IMO, is simply an honest picture that leaves no doubt who shot the trophy, and also give credit to both client and PH! QUOTE]

My point exactly and you've put it nicely.

Posts: 3908 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bakes:
Haven't seen too many on this site or any other site that I visit Larry.[/QUOTE
Perhaps you should review their promotional material. Try hunting with Mike Fell for example. He takes a ton of pictures with just him and the animal.

Posts: 12095 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another perfect example of "why not to post a hunt report on AR".

Thing is mate the original post was not a hunt report, just an advertisement made by a third person. Expressyourself knows what a post about MS does here yet he posts anyway. I'll bet if the client posted a real hunt report there would be a better reception. I only made comment that I think its wrong for the PH to pose by himself with an animal (and I like to stir people). Who knows perhaps MS did it deliberately and told Expressyourself to post it to stir the AR community up. Big Grin (that's something I would of done) dancing

quote:

Did that mate. Had a bloody great time...haven't you read the report shame Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 8034 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
quote:
Another perfect example of "why not to post a hunt report on AR".

Thing is mate the original post was not a hunt report, just an advertisement made by a third person. Expressyourself knows what a post about MS does here yet he posts anyway. I'll bet if the client posted a real hunt report there would be a better reception. I only made comment that I think its wrong for the PH to pose by himself with an animal (and I like to stir people). Who knows perhaps MS did it deliberately and told Expressyourself to post it to stir the AR community up. Big Grin (that's something I would of done) dancing

quote:

Did that mate. Had a bloody great time...haven't you read the report shame Big Grin

Okay, I think I see post under OZ. Good for you. Glenda is a sweetie.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
quote:
Originally posted by sevenmagltd.:
We all seem to wonder why the anti's are winning. We can't even congratulate our own kind without sarcasm toward a guy that has given plenty to the safari world.
That lion may have been taken by some guy that has saved all his life to go on one African hunt and all we can do is beat up MS for putting him on the trophies. Pathetic!

You are off beam. Everyone is appreciating the trophy and the 'faceless' client who got it, although it seems now by the last photos posted of the other magnificent trophies that the client (assume it is the client) is not wishing to be anonymous.

When viewing photos of trophies with a single person posed with the animal, especially when holding a rifle, we would normally assume that this is the lucky hunter/client. If the client does not want to be seen in photos that nowadays can be posted all over the web then fair enough and we would all respect this and at least hope to see just the trophy in a photo. Why do we need the PH as the Oscar winning actor in the picture. Sorry poor taste for me and would be under any circumstance.

Who cares. My goodness. I've had buddies that were with me and helping me on a hunt pose with my game. The pictures weren't taken for you I'm guessing.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle27:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MacD37:

My favorite field picture is the trophy, the PH and the client holding the rifle that killed the trophy. That IMO, is simply an honest picture that leaves no doubt who shot the trophy, and also give credit to both client and PH! QUOTE]

My point exactly and you've put it nicely.

I can understand if it was somehow misrepresented. It wasn't.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Beautiful trophies, specially the lion congratulations to all involved! I truly don´t see the problem with the pictures, i have seen pictures of the Ph with the clients trophy on many occasions, if someone could have an issue it would be the client, not us.

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 531 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
All three are awesome animals. All involved are to be congratulated.

I do see the presumed client there. Merely showing his face still does much to preserve his public anonymity -- unless of course he is already a public figure like the King of Spain. Roll Eyes

If I were Mark Sullivan, I too would want a photo of myself with those animals. And not just for business promotion, either. homer

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
A big fine lion indeed. The hunter looks good in that Auburn hat as well. We Auburn Tigers are Hell on lions.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post

For those interested, I thought I would share the trackers picture with the lion.

Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
Shawn, looks like Alli has put some weight on.

Did you ever see the footage of him trying on a hat in 2010. if not ask mark for the footage...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1626 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ExpressYourself
posted Hide Post
Yes Ally does look a little heavier in this picture compared to 2010. Probably caused by all of the fabulous camp food coupled with asking for extra servings! Ally and I tried to trade hats once in Tanzania in 2010 or 2011. I don’t recall the exact year. Needless to say the trade was never completed. I will have Mark play the tape for me.

Shawn

Shawn Joyce
Diizche Safari Adventures
P.O. Box 1445
Lincoln, CA 95648
E-mail: shawn.joyce@diizchesafariadventures.net
Cell: (916) 804-3318

Shoot Straight, Live the Dream, and Keep Turning the Pages to Your Next Adventure!™
Website- www.DiizcheSafariAdventures.com
Blog- http://diizchesafari.blogspot.com/
Twitter- http://twitter.com/DiizcheSafari
YouTube- http://www.youtube.com/user/shawncjoyce
Facebook- http://on.fb.me/gYytdn
Instagram: diizchesafari_official

Posts: 874 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 24 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Fresh off Facebook today . Mr. Sullivan is not the only person with such pictures.