Find
Notify
Tools

The Jimmy campaign
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thank you kind sir, and best wishes to you and yours in Norway.

David

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
The balance is $1200 and this money will be put to very good use defending wildlife, make no mistake about that. Few people in the world have as much experience defending wildlife as the dedicated people in the Save. It is still early days yet in this campaign and I have high expectations for what it will ultimately lead to, in terms of awareness, in terms of who actually does what for wildlife. I would be interested to know how many hunts are conducted annually in the Save, and the total revenue generated from those hunts...Must do some research. Although I have done some on the ground hunting, I have never known much about the money side of things...I wonder how much money AR members alone have put into the Save this year...

Our hunting tradition is under fire from all sides at this time, nowhere more so than in Zimbabwe. Most of the heat in Zim right now is being created by people who have been disguising themselves as 'some of us'. They are not, I assure you. To those who would say get off your high horse, I say no.

Thank you Saeed and all of you good hunters who have helped or are planning to help the Save anti poaching effort. Remember, it is not all who are against hunting. There are many thousands of non hunting Zimbabweans who realize (or should start realizing) the contribution hunters make, every time they put a meal on the table, every time they pay their kids school fees...

God bless you all, I am humbled by the response to this, David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
david - if there is a fund set up where people could donate to the effort i'm sure that many of the hunters who have been in the save or are going there would drop a few bucks into it. especially when they are there hunting

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Butch,

You know hunters donate everything to the Save anyway... I mean the place is only there because of hunters. Also, I am reluctant to ask guys to put in without getting anything in exchange, hence the 'raffle tickets'. I am of the opinion that the vast majority of Africa's problems are due to getting into the habit of receiving for nothing, like the layabouts on the dole in England. If anyone wants to contribute more to this campaign, they can simply do what Saeed, BigBoreCore and a couple of others have already done - pay more than they are obliged to for books/calendars/pictures. Or, of course, buy more calendars/books etc - I'm sure there are some extensive Christmas lists out there. The Save already has other fundraisers of course, through their NGO's, raffle hunt etc. This is just my personal plan to try and lend a hand.

Thanks again, David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two Calendars on the way!

Order #5831328

If I win the raffle you are gonna have to walk real slow Dave.......

Posts: 42343 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Two Calendars on the way!

Order #5831328

If I win the raffle you are gonna have to walk real slow Dave.......

And that will be normal speed Smiler

Cheers my friend in Texas

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Another over and above contribution from Mr Frostbit of Alaska, many thanks sir, 2 tickets for you. I can't imagine why you'd rather be hunting big game in Zambia than backpacking with me in the mountains, but I can see I won't change your mind so if you do win we will donate your prize to Mr Craig Boddington. Could only benefit the cause having a hunting celebrity in on the action. Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can not figure out how to buy a picture(s)?

Dulcinea

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 712 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dulcinea:
Can not figure out how to buy a picture(s)?

Dulcinea

Sorry Dulcinea, to order a picture you will have to PM me or email hulmour@yahoo.com
They are not available on the site with the calendar/books.

David

one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 712 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Hulme:
Another over and above contribution from Mr Frostbit of Alaska, many thanks sir, 2 tickets for you. I can't imagine why you'd rather be hunting big game in Zambia than backpacking with me in the mountains, but I can see I won't change your mind so if you do win we will donate your prize to Mr Craig Boddington. Could only benefit the cause having a hunting celebrity in on the action. Smiler

It was a tough choice, hiking with you or hunting with Andrew. Big Grin

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by David Hulme:

It was a tough choice, hiking with you or hunting with Andrew. Big Grin

Well you'll probably have more comfortable accommodation with Andrew....

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Now here is a big moment for me..The first photo print I have ever sold online, to Mr Dulcinea! The auction picture doesn't count yet...Dulcinea you have bought yourself 6 tickets for the backpacking adventure raffle and paid a rhino scouts wages for a week, but most of all you have brought a big smile to my dial. Thank you, your A2 canvas print of the Burma valley Bible reader will be shipped ASAP. David

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Buzz Charlton, 2 tickets, Order #5824224, cheers.

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Jytte, for yet another generous contribution to this cause. Your Matusadona print will be en route soon. Yes, I can fully understand your feelings for the area, and I can also understand how you already have this picture, albeit in mind.... Matusadona is one of Zim's gems. I think we should call this picture rearview. You have another 6 tickets and we are grateful, David

Matusadona

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

I bought two calendars and the E-book. You'd better pray that I don't win as my local nickname roughly translates to; "walks up wind, smells like wild boar hog's arse!" Wink

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Cheers surestrike, much appreciated, please post your order number if you don't mind. I've walked downwind of a few guys who smell a whole lot like hogs arse so no worries there. What is worrying is that Walter is a strong contender for the prize, and through no fault of anyone else his reputation precedes him. I know Saeed will be hunting in Tanzania whenever the backpack deal goes down, so no doubt he'll send Walter if he wins! Scary. Smiler

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave

Order Receipt #5831128
The book

Order Receipt #5824583
The calenders

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thank you kind sir, that's 3 tickets for you, Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
I really want to win this!! Cool

And if I don't I'll offer my services as a Walter wrangler if he wins. I promise to feed him and water him and take him out for a walk everyday and wash his coat and brush him and keep him under control at all times if you let me go along!

Question? Do they have spare batteries for a cattle prod in Zimbabwe or should I get one of those solar rechargeable units? Wink

Actually this post was nothing more than a shameless bump for a great cause, lets keep this up here for a while folks!

one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Who is going to step up and send Jimmy to college?

Or at least buy him a Mustang convertible?

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19363 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
I really want to win this!! Cool

And if I don't I'll offer my services as a Walter wrangler if he wins. I promise to feed him and water him and take him out for a walk everyday and wash his coat and brush him and keep him under control at all times if you let me go along!

Question? Do they have spare batteries for a cattle prod in Zimbabwe or should I get one of those solar rechargeable units? Wink

Actually this post was nothing more than a shameless bump for a great cause, lets keep this up here for a while folks!

patriot

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Now if every landowner/operator/PH in the Save mobilized their respective families, friends, clients....What a difference that would make. Yeah, I hear you, 'don't want to read (or say you've read) Hulme's mediocre book again....Or buy his lousy pictures...Well then don't, simply invest your money where your future is, however you see fit. But do it through this campaign, because there is no better advertisement for the Save conservancy and hunting than Jimmy the rhino and the Save black rhino success story. When it comes to defending rhino and wildlife in general, against odds that many of you are aware of, the Save is the team to back. All contributions will be made public knowledge. Should the contributor wish to remain anonymous, he/she will become Mr/Mrs W,Y,Z, and he/she will see their contribution noted. I reckon the Whittall/Duckworth clans alone could distribute a couple of dozen Jimmy calendars amongst themselves this Christmas, and the rest of the Hulmes, Stockils, Du Plessis', Zimfrosty's...Then there are the scientists like the Poles, Jouberts and Lindseys, they all have plenty of friends, or tell me they have. I am trying to pluck up the courage to ask our very own world famous wildlife artist Lin Barrie to auction a painting for our rhino. It will make a change from wild dogs for her, and it sure to raise more loot than the Gaerezi sunset...

Thank you for the support everyone, we have $1400 in the kitty, give or take $20.

David

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Who is going to step up .. at least buy him a Mustang convertible?

Somehow I do not think he will fit into a Mustang. Now a Mack truck......

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Eish, and that picture was taken at least a year ago...

We will cross Roger and Anne Whittall off the list of people we expect to contribute to the cause, as they paid for all the milk that built that bulk.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
OK, Jimmy calendar and the book coming my way.

Order # 5844191

Please note the PM I went.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thank you Keith, hope you get some pleasure from both.

David

one of us
posted Hide Post
Order placed for a book. Thanks!! 5845115

Posts: 317 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Sherrill Philip Neese
posted Hide Post
Order Number: 5849466

1 book and 1 calendar

Onwards and upwards!

Sherrill

DSC, DU, MBS, NRA, QDMA, RGS, RMEF, SCI

"Sherrill. Why do you belong to so many organizations?"
"Well... I have this thing for banquets."

Posts: 115 | Location: Millersville, MD | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thank you kindly Sherrill, 2 tickets for you and best regards, David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Order Receipt #5851178
6 Calendars for those nieces and nephews.

Wayne

Posts: 177 | Location: Eastern Slopes of the Northern Rockies | Registered: 15 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRICKBURN:
Order Receipt #5851178
6 Calendars for those nieces and nephews.

Wayne

Wow, thank you Wayne, I hope the youngsters enjoy the calendars, you have 6 raffle tickets, Best wishes, David

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bill B, order 5850852, much appreciated, David

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

Said I was going to buy your book a "dozen" times!

Finally got around to it!

Placed an order for 5x calendars and 5x books. Will give away the extras as gifts and prizes.

Order Number: 5859480

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
John, I saw that, wondered who it was and am humbled by your generosity sir. Thank you.

Thank you too Oday450 for buying 2 hardcover books. Although I purposely left hardcover books out of this campaign, I have decided to include them now, every bit helps.

John you have 10 tickets, Oday you have 2.

Best regards to you all, we have over $1600 in the kitty so far.

David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great cause!
I just ordered 1 book and 2 calendarsSmiler
Order nr. 5860174

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got my calender yesterday. what a collection of priceless photos. Especially Septembers.
what a super campaign this is

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
I got my calender yesterday. what a collection of priceless photos. Especially Septembers.
what a super campaign this is

Thank you for the support Butch, as always. Phew, I am glad the calendar is okay, I created it online and was a little concerned as I obviously couldn't see a physical copy, thanks for the thumbs up.

Norwegianwoods, thank you sir, you have 3 tickets. And I hope you are enjoying hunting success in those Norwegian woods Smiler

David

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Got mine too. Lovely!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16633 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote