New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well they are after me now.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scary to say the least.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't be too worried. They'll be throwing granola bars ...

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4781 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The scary part is that I did not set up a FB page. I had no idea.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunate,
Can you report such things to the rating service and have them taken down?
These Anti Hunter nut jobs are something else.
They are not right in the head.
These type of attacke are personal and certainly not appropriate or relevant to one's business.

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
We are living through a fascinating, and scary, time in our nation's history. These hard left, liberal activists are becoming a fascist threat to anyone and everyone whom they don't agree with, much like some of the radical muslim groups, only ours don't kill people they don't agree with... yet.

I think we are going to look back on these times as one of the seminal moments in our nations history where these crazies rose to some level of notoriety via the enabling aspects of social media.

How the rest of society deals with them will determine which direction our country is headed.

Posts: 3917 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These people are way off base!!!!....well, except for the creep part :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

I know where that came from . Someone told them I shot the jumbos with a Blaser!

One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
quote:
The scary part is that I did not set up a FB page. I had no idea.

I think facebook searches business directories and sets up temporary pages to try to get businesses to complete them and have a presence on facebook. Consider it a threat, send it to facebook and have it removed.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Consider it a threat, send it to facebook and have it removed.

Plus 1 on that.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I removed it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would also consider reporting it to law enforcement, not as a charge, but just a FYI in case it escalates.

Posts: 10382 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Ignorant "flash mob" hate.

I do agree that social media has given some power to these damaged individuals that would otherwise be too gutless to say or do anything.

Other examples just reinforce my decision to never be on Farcebook. These types need "shock and awe", and if they mess with my family, which they sometimes threaten in these cases, they will get it.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
I would also consider reporting it to law enforcement, not as a charge, but just a FYI in case it escalates.

+1

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I would post on FB that my favorite sandwich was the "clubbed seal club", but then again I tend to be a tad confrontational at times.

Regards,

Chuck

Posts: 4781 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OH! OH! OH!

Now the TRUTH comes out about you.......... shocker jumping
Probably a good thing you took it down. Be nice to get a hunting permit for FB trash though. Find out who they are and spot and stalk them.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These jack asses don't bother me that much. It bothers me a whole lot more that FB set a page and I had no idea.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I agree Larry. I set up a facebook page because I had to for something work wise, it took me forever to delete it. I had all these hot 40 something women trying to friend me, it was disappointing when I found out they were all my wife's friends lol.

Regards,

Chuck

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna use that one Chuck

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
The bad thing is you don't have to have an account. Others put your pictures and videos on their FB with your name listed.

All my kids, and grand kids have FB accounts and are always trying to get me to join in. I told them I am not interested and warned them not to put any pictures of my activities on their FB account either! They simply do not seem to understand the problems those pictures can cause!

....................................................................... old killpc

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would be proud to be elephant hunting trash

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 424 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
All my kids, and grand kids have FB accounts and are always trying to get me to join in.

I told them I am not interested and warned them not to put any pictures of my activities on their FB account either! They simply do not seem to understand the problems those pictures can cause!

There in is the problem. Friends/Family are proud of the accomplishments of their family/friends, but simply do not realize that others, for whatever their reason, find such things offensive.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I aspire to be elephant killing trash.

Posts: 662 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Larry,

It looks like the two of them may be Mr. and Mrs. White, husband and wife, so not a wide spread following at all but rather a couple who have taken it upon themselves to try and "shame" you. Perhaps a legal "message" might be in order for them to cease and desist?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd:

Perhaps but they live in separate countries and not in the U.S.

I reported it to FB as harassment . I took the page down. Probably not much else that can do much .

It would be hysterical for hunters to start bombarding them.

Picture of chupacabra
posted Hide Post
Once again the liberal D .B. earth muffins attack our business because they have no game!! Maybe we should introduce them to the last D.B.that attack us!!! Larry it's to bad they will never know that your,one of the greatest Ely conservationists I know . where have these muffins been the last 20 years while your hunts have protected an provided anti poching protection. hundreds of elys.....let's put them out in front of a pissed off tuskless. Than they,can get in touch with their inner creepy!!!!......

Posts: 9 | Location: so. california | Registered: 03 May 2014Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What I find so sick about both FB and twitter is the fact they allow this sort of thing to continue, while banning families from posting photos of their own kids playing!!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got your back. You need help, just call!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
They started a Facebook page for your firm and posted 8 months ago without your knowledge? That's rather interesting.luckily, they only posted two disparaging messages.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Do not worry Larry. I tracked down a couple of these and they turned out to be college kids with nothing better to do.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
They started a Facebook page for your firm and posted 8 months ago without your knowledge? That's rather interesting.luckily, they only posted two disparaging messages.

Correct on both counts.

There was a place on there that said it was not an official page started by the company. The best guess is that all the younger people who work for me probably listed the firm as their employer. They got it from there. I had to go through a lot of steps to take it down. Pretty shocking to me.

They had some pics of me with elephants. Since my personal FB page is private, I am not sure where they got those. Perhaps AR.

It sure as hell had me stirred up yesterday.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
They started a Facebook page for your firm and posted 8 months ago without your knowledge? That's rather interesting.luckily, they only posted two disparaging messages. I meant to be DSC Member....bad typing skills.

maybe you could make yourself the "Duggaboy Croc Stalker". that would work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
I agree Larry. I set up a facebook page because I had to for something work wise, it took me forever to delete it. I had all these hot 40 something women trying to friend me, it was disappointing when I found out they were all my wife's friends lol.

I joined facebook several years ago at the request of a friend. After it became a pain in the patoot, I decided to terminate my account. They "allowed" me to do so with the provision that it would be terminated if I did not post for the next ten days. I did not and it is gone, but it bothered me that people could continue to post on my page for that ten days.

Most of my money I spent on hunting and fishing. The rest I just wasted

Posts: 261 | Location: Saint Thomas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 14 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I may be getting jaded after so many years of Greenpeace, the Canuck protesters about clubbing seals, the West Coast tree huggers and ASAPCA, whale watchers etc.

Ours is still a Country of free speech conditionally. Can's shout fire in a theatre, can't slander or defame without consequences.

The posted criticism's are pretty mild and innocuous. Borderline worthless. BTW exactly what is a "creep" in that context ?

I've been a hunter all of my life since early childhood but even I am opposed to the taking of some species. For example whales, polar bears, Tigers and a few others I don't want to mention. *( Mastodons, passenger pigeons, dodo birds Roll Eyes).

MANY of our ancestors and fellow hunters brought the anti's down upon us.

Put yourself in the shoes of the indigenous native American Indians watching 43 million bison being slaughtered for hides while the meat was left to rot'. And imagine the true poachers in Africa slaughtering elephants for the ivory and rhinos for the horns.

I'm pretty tolerant about free speech and opposition to taking certain species of game. Some of it has a lot of justification.

We just have to live with the diversity of opinions here and be satisfied that the majority rules.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Wetibbe
Here lies your problem
Nothing wrong with hunting polar bears, whales etc. so called endangered species.sEven tigers could be still hunted if not for misguided animal rights activist of Sky is falling variety.
You are technically the problem among us hunters by straddling fence
Wake up Dude

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wetibbe:
I guess I may be getting jaded after so many years of Greenpeace, the Canuck protesters about clubbing seals, the West Coast tree huggers and ASAPCA, whale watchers etc.

Ours is still a Country of free speech conditionally. Can's shout fire in a theatre, can't slander or defame without consequences.

The posted criticism's are pretty mild and innocuous. Borderline worthless. BTW exactly what is a "creep" in that context ?

I've been a hunter all of my life since early childhood but even I am opposed to the taking of some species. For example whales, polar bears, Tigers and a few others I don't want to mention. *( Mastodons, passenger pigeons, dodo birds Roll Eyes).

MANY of our ancestors and fellow hunters brought the anti's down upon us.

Put yourself in the shoes of the indigenous native American Indians watching 43 million bison being slaughtered for hides while the meat was left to rot'. And imagine the true poachers in Africa slaughtering elephants for the ivory and rhinos for the horns.

I'm pretty tolerant about free speech and opposition to taking certain species of game. Some of it has a lot of justification.

We just have to live with the diversity of opinions here and be satisfied that the majority rules.

Not all of these folks are innocuous by a long shot. Death threats, putting up their own websites pathologically obsessing about certain hunters and posting pictures of them and their families, actively promoting their site to get more followers. Granted, most are pretty pathetic, but we must find an avenue to be just as vocal, but with facts. We won't be silenced either.

Quietly minding our business hasn't worked in American politics, dealing with ISIS, etc. Some of these antis are extremely disturbed psychologically.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
100% agree CH.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I refuse to get on Facebook for the same reason. My business (I am a veterinarian) has a page, but I do not. Shortly after the page was started we got a nasty post from a woman who obviously read my short bio (which states one of my hobbies is hunting) and made the worn out statement "he is a vet and he hunts?". Wetibbe, keep in mind the number one reason the bison were nearly wiped out was to take away the food supply from the Indians. No different, IMHO, from bombing the enemies' supply lines in one of our wars.

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 489 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention-the person posting the nasty comment was from New York (I am in San Antonio).

"Never, ever, book a hunt with Jeri Booth or Detail Company Adventures"

Posts: 489 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

I know where that came from . Someone told them I shot the jumbos with a Blaser!

animal

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote