THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    WHY THE WEALTHY CAN'T HELP THE AFRICAN SAFARI
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHY THE WEALTHY CAN'T HELP THE AFRICAN SAFARI
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
$20 millions in the bank?

Poor sod!

I don't believe in keeping my money in banks, they tend to give too much of my moeny as bonuses to themselves.

I keep my money in a trunk in my gun store.

And last time I checked - a few minutes ago - I found that I have quite a few cheques each with $100,000,000,000 printed on it, signed by my friend Robert Gabriel Mugabe, President For Life Of The Republic Of Zimbabwe.

In fact, I called my PH and friend, Alan Vincent this morning, and asked him to book us the same safari he had arranged for us last year.

With so much money, I can afford to subsidize the hunts for those with a mere $20 millions in the bank rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68679 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
$20 millions in the bank?

Poor sod!

I don't believe in keeping my money in banks, they tend to give too much of my moeny as bonuses to themselves.

I keep my money in a trunk in my gun store.

And last time I checked - a few minutes ago - I found that I have quite a few cheques each with $100,000,000,000 printed on it, signed by my friend Robert Gabriel Mugabe, President For Life Of The Republic Of Zimbabwe.

In fact, I called my PH and friend, Alan Vincent this morning, and asked him to book us the same safari he had arranged for us last year.

With so much money, I can afford to subsidize the hunts for those with a mere $20 millions in the bank rotflmo

yuck jumping yuck

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
IMHO, there have been more reasonable hunts offered by more top outfits in the last couple of years because of economic conditions then I have seen in the last decade. African hunts are relatively good deals compared to some North American hunts... the big difference is the costs (travel, dip & pack, shipping and gratuities) that are associated with hunting overseas.

I have found that if a man of reasonable means wants to hunt Africa, he can find an economical way to do so... I am living proof.

And don't forget the outfitter is not a 501(c)9 charity, he has to pay bills and make a living for his family and the families of those who work for him. Outside of Tanzania and some of the specialty hunts like LDE, bongo, mountain nyala, lion, most hunts aren't as expensive as you make it sound. Heck, elephant are as cheap as they have ever been in my memory.

So look around, comparison shop and wait to hunt later in the season, there are deals to be had... I hope you find the right one for you. The African itch always has to be scratched!

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sierrabravo45:
BTW, you guys are getting ripped off on your elk hunts.

My past elk hunts.

Gas - $60

Elk Tag - $20

One Cartridge - $2

Freezer Paper - $20

Total - $102

$2 for a cartridge?! You shouldn't have spent over $1.50. Big Grin

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
One thing stands out across this thread. It is clear that some posters feel that outfitters set prices according to what they feel the client can afford. This means that they push the prices when they feel that a particular client is extremely wealthy. This is simply not true. Most outfitters have a single rate structure that applies across the board and is based upon costs, NOT how wealthy a client is. The same price should apply for all clients IMHO.

It would be very bad business practice to charge a client more simply because he is seen to be wealthy. Some operators cater for the wealthier etc, but fact is they have a rate structure that reflects that across the board.

Costs are what dictate the prices on a safari.

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote