New
Find
Notify
Tools

TROPHY SHOTS....ALOHA!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I joined this great forum on February 24, 2007 at the age of 45 years old. I joined because I wanted to learn about hunting, rifles, and reloading so I could spend time with my then 17 yr old son.

Hunting has added so very much to our lives and it has ignited a BURNING PASSION within us.

Most of you know I'm a Hawaii native and never left these Hawaiian Islands til my wife and I scraped up every penny we had so that my son and I could do a PLAINS GAME HUNT in Namibia in June 2008.

In 2 1/2 years hunting Hawaii and once to Namibia we have graciously accounted for 26 Trophy Game animals and we treasure each and every one of them!

I'm on this forum daily and I have gained much wisdom in a short amount of time thanks to folks contributing here. I've made some really good friends as well!

Today, I've decided it's TIME TO GIVE BACK!!! beer

Saeed has been gracious to afford us this great forum and there are some members here who freely offer some genuine suggestions and counsel. Stuff that has made my entry into sport hunting and the fascination I have with various rifles and their chamberings a very momentous event in my life and my son's...

With all this said...I WANT TO START GIVING BACK and be a CONTRIBUTOR to this forum and not just a TAKER!!!

For those of you that have been lurking on my thread... "TROPHY SHOTS?...help?"

http://forums.accuratereloadin...571079521#5571079521

I would like to start doing this SERVICE for FREE...as a TOKEN of MY APPRECIATION to Saeed and my AR FAMILY...

Follow the instructions on the ORIGINAL thread as referenced...

I need the FULL FILE original up to 5MB!!!

Send via email with your AR handle name!!!

THIS IS OFFER IS LIMITED TO AFRICAN GAME!!!

I will COMMIT to SELECTING one SHOT a week or four SHOTS per month as time allows and having it processed and posted on this very thread. I will also Email the fortunate hunter the full res file so that they may have it printed at their favorite photo lab!

Post on to this thread ...as that one will be closing after my next TROPHY SHOT!!!!

Just my way of saying many THANK YOU's to Saeed and this AR FORUM FAMILY...Wink

ALOHA to all...

Roland

*******IMPORTANT UPDATE*******

I have received a number of PM's and emails from members here who want me to work on their photos and compensate me for that...

Well, hey...I need to make a living too... Big Grin

So, here's what I will do because I want to uphold my FREE OFFER here as previously outlined!

Because there is a demand...

For those that want to BYPASS the SELECTION PROCESS for the FREE OFFER...

I will make my services available to you because you are compensating me for my work; HOWEVER...I WILL NOT charge a set fee BUT will leave it to each member to decide what they would like to contribute and donate to my PayPal Account...

All I ask is that we use the HONOR SYSTEM and there is no amount too small or too big all I ask is that you give out of the kindness of your HEART as a special reward for my work...

I will not disclose to anyone the amounts given!

FYI...ON average I spend 1 1/2 - 2 hours on each TROPHY SHOT to meet my satisfaction. As seen I do not process my IMAGES alone on TECHNICAL MERIT but rather from an ARTISTIC EXPRESSION/MERIT balanced with the technical in various degrees!

Thank you for your kind and generous support in APPRECIATING the VALUE of my PASSION and TALENT!

ALOHA!

Roland

If you'd prefer to contact me direct, here's my addy... Smiler

rjlapierre@hawaiiantel.net

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You Ro! You are a fine man. I appreciate what you do for AR.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roland;

You will improve, this already, fantastic forum. Thank you to you and Saeed.

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Tremendous generosity. Bravo!

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Very generous of you, Roland.

I was just on Oahu and the Big Island last week but unfortunately had no time for any fun.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Very generous Roland, quite the offer.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Daron
Darin
Will
Frank
Scott

.....You are very welcome beer

Aloha!

Ro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Submitted by "Stephen Goldfinch"

SELECTION #1

[Before]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Submitted by "talentrec"

SELECTION #2

[Before]

One of Us
Picture of Stephen Goldfinch
posted Hide Post
Roland,
The pics look great! Thanks for your hard work. This will certainly help with any photos that one wants to print. Great idea.

"Sleep When You're Dead!"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Goldfinch:
Roland,
The pics look great! Thanks for your hard work. This will certainly help with any photos that one wants to print. Great idea.

Thank you kindly Stephen for your comments, I appreciate them very much!Smiler

Aloha!

Roland

one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
The difference is amazing! And that picture was just taken with a cheapo point and shoot digital. I don't know how you do it, but it really makes the important details pop out. Thank you very much!

Pete

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by talentrec:
The difference is amazing! And that picture was just taken with a cheapo point and shoot digital. I don't know how you do it, but it really makes the important details pop out. Thank you very much!

Pete

Hey Pete...

It was a pleasure serving you brother... beer

I will be sending everyone their full resolution files this coming week via EMAIL!!!

My compliments!

I've been delayed because I'm beginning to set up a SYSTEM that I can easily work with and send completed files back more effortlessly... thumb

Aloha to all...Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a very SIMPLE LAYOUT and the SNAPSHOTS are not highly processed as my work has been represented on this thread...just minor tweaks here and there to enhance them,,,Not much artistic expression to keep it on the simple side...

I did this a sevral months ago to COMMEMORATE our Namibia 2008 PG Hunt...

My wife didn't want the cluttered look for this particular piece because of where it will be placed along the wall and our other numerous trophy mounts...

The IDEA here was to hang ONE PIECE with all our SNAPSHOTS instead of hanging a bunch of 8x10's...much EASIER this way and no need to buy a dozen or so frames... animal

To give you an idea of the overall size, the TROPHY SNAPSHOTS are 5"x7"'s... Big Grin

BUT in the week ahead as time allows I'll post different looks to feature.

Again, just choose the best 3-5 Trophy shots that you'd like me to process...I don't process all my photos either they all aren't worthy as most suffice as SNAPSHOTS... Wink

Or we can do a more TYPICAL montage/collage of sorts with the highlights of your hunt??? Big Grin

Thank you to all that have been supporting me with your contributions...I appreciate it!

Here's a SIMPLE layout to be printed quite large 20"x36"...

The CENTER photo is of my tracker Immanuel who did a fantastic job for us...I blended his sunset silhouette shot into the sunset background photo for a very nice centerpiece I thought!!! bewildered rotflmo Two sunset shots combined into one...

I would be happy to look over your photos and offer some suggestions! We could chat things over if you have a PROJECT in mind...

Thanks for looking Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pete and Stephen,

Please let me know the PRINT ENLARGEMENT size and I will SHARPEN the MASTER FILE and resize/crop accordingly!

Thanks!Smiler

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If,.... anyone's interested I would like to review a few more TROPHY SHOT entries for my next week's SELECTION for a fortunate hunter!... Smiler

Thanks!

Roland

One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
A big THANKS to Roland for working on my trophy shots from a couple hunts in BC!

Worth every penny of my donation. I highly recommend letting him have a go at your photos from that hunt of a lifetime.

Thanks again!

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by opus72:
A big THANKS to Roland for working on my trophy shots from a couple hunts in BC!

Worth every penny of my donation. I highly recommend letting him have a go at your photos from that hunt of a lifetime.

Thanks again!

Thanks my friend I appreciate the kind comments...It was my pleasure serving you beer

Fine TROPHIES indeed!!!

Aloha!

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Submitted by "MJines"

SELECTION #3

[Before]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Submitted by "Palmer"

SELECTION #4

[Before]

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Thanks for working your magic on that one Roland. I had never been able to get a good print off it before. It such a small file size that it wasnt very sharp.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palmer:
Thanks for working your magic on that one Roland. I had never been able to get a good print off it before. It such a small file size that it wasnt very sharp.

You're very welcome Palmer...It's a small file but it was FUN and I managed to enhance to my liking and create a bit of drama for the occasion...Glad ya like it too... beer

I'll email you another file to print 8x10... thumb

Aloha!

Roland

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Roland,

I have been traveling this week and just saw the post. Thanks, that looks marvelous. One concern though, I thought you said that you could do a little clean up on my head and make me look like Stewart Granger?

P.S. Can you email me the file (mjines@rrienergy.com) so I can get it printed? Thanks again.

Mike

Posts: 21692 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Roland,

I have been traveling this week and just saw the post. Thanks, that looks marvelous. One concern though, I thought you said that you could do a little clean up on my head and make me look like Stewart Granger?

P.S. Can you email me the file (mjines@rrienergy.com) so I can get it printed? Thanks again.

rotflmo...Mike, I sent it out last week to the other addy that you gave me....Please check there... beer

Aloha!

Ro

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Roland, did not get the material at the other address the file may have been too big to get through. It should work on my work email though.

Mike

Posts: 21692 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Oldsarge
posted Hide Post
Nice work, L-B, and when I get back to Moz in '12, I'll have something for you to work on. In fact, I may have something this November when I head for Texas.

BTW, who do you recommend for a Hawaiian hunting trip? I'd really like to hunt there some day.

Sarge

Holland's .375: One Planet, One Rifle . . . for one hundred years!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Lakewood, CA. USA | Registered: 07 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[Q thumbUOTE]Originally posted by MJines:
Roland, did not get the material at the other address the file may have been too big to get through. It should work on my work email though.[/QUOTE]

It's quite late here my friend...I'll shoot it over first thing in the morning... thumb

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oldsarge:
Nice work, L-B, and when I get back to Moz in '12, I'll have something for you to work on. In fact, I may have something this November when I head for Texas.

BTW, who do you recommend for a Hawaiian hunting trip? I'd really like to hunt there some day.

Thanks beer

Anytime ...And with a handle like Old Sarge...Hey, I'll do your first two on me!!!! patriot

I'll shoot you a pm on a great island outfitter in the morning Wink

Aloha!

Ro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Submitted by "Sevens" from his hunt in Texas

SELECTION #5

[Before]

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Roland,

The photo looks fantastic! Thank you so much!

Alan

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevens:
Roland,

The photo looks fantastic! Thank you so much!

Alan

You're welcome... beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Submitted by "DLS" a Trophy Shot of his son's first Kudu Eeker

SELECTION #6

[Before]

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Much better now that we can see him under the brim of his cap.

If you ever get over to northern California in the fall, you've got a standing invitation to go duck hunting on a great private club. That's the least I can do to say "thanks."

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLS:
Thank you! Much better now that we can see him under the brim of his cap.

If you ever get over to northern California in the fall, you've got a standing invitation to go duck hunting on a great private club. That's the least I can do to say "thanks."

Dan,

It's appreciative folks like you that make it a privilege and pleasure to help with your most precious photos...

I offered my services here to give back, but many here have chosen to be a blessing to me as well...

In giving,... I have been blessed a hundredfold...I am forever grateful especially that I was laid-off from my job just last week Frowner

I hope to take you up on that invitation one day and I'll fly up just for this adventure!

Thank you for your generosity... beer

Aloha!

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Could anyone here help me?

Looking for a website builder....anyone here interested in trading services???

Please contact me via PM or email...

Thanks!

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Submitted by "safari-lawyer"

SELECTION #7

[Before]

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
WOW! What a difference. The detail in the boss is unreal.

Thanks Roland!

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
I don't know how you do it but i will be sending you an email. Simply amazing.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
You guys should see what he can do when he spends more time working on a photo. Roland and I have been emailing privately, and I sent him a few cape buffalo photos I thought he'd enjoy seeing, as we were talking about our enjoyment of wildlife photography. I was surprised when he sent me back one of the photos just a bit ago, one that he spent more time processing. WOW! It is pretty outstanding after he's worked on it, and he took quite a bit of time on this one, so I hope he'll post it on here for the rest of you to see. Needless to say, he's got me convinced.

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by safari-lawyer:
WOW! What a difference. The detail in the boss is unreal.

Thanks Roland!

You're very welcome Will it was a pleasure doing this Buff...I love the Boss Hoss too!

Also, thank you for your patronage as a PAY CLIENT in doing your LEOPARD TROPHY SHOTS!!!

It does literally jump off the page as you said!!!

Aloha!

Ro