New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT Michael Moore
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
PS You can have Barbara Streisand too. She's got a big nose, but she has been doing her pilates, so her landing gear is still decent.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JCN,
Man, you absolutely slay me!

Landing gear is perfect... har

Posts: 273 | Location: Clarks Summit, Pa. | Registered: 17 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JCN, too funny!

Don't worry about the college kids, like Winston Churchill said( I hope I don't butcher this too badly) "if you are 20 years old and not a liberal, then you have no heart. If you are 40 years old and not a conservative you have no brains." Obviously MM has no brains, kind of like Canadians(just kidding Canadians).

When I was in college I was a registered democrat , probably more like a conservative democrat since I was for gun rights and the death penalty, and against abortion.

Now I am a Republican, probably more like a liberal although hawkish Republican, but thats enough of my personal politics.

I compare the people that worship Micheal Moore to the idiots that follow the Jim Bakers, and Jimmy Swaggerts, either blind as bats, or lacking in the ability to think for themselves(Canadians)(just kidding again Canadians). Micheal Moore and the like give lazy people all of the answers so that they don't have to think for themselves, now most of us can see right through Micheal Moore and we don't understand why others cannot(don't try to you never will).

Posts: 626 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Christopher Hitchens (noted conservative political commentator, of English extraction, I believe)

For the record, Christopher Hitchens isn't exactly a conservative -- he's actually a leftist, of sorts, but he doesn't fit any neat classification scheme, as he sometimes takes positions that others would call conservative. Among other things, he's noted for his strong attacks on the late Mother Teresa of Calcutta. He also attacked Ronald Reagan in scathing terms.

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
John, "OT" is "off topic."

Take care.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
JohnCharlieNoak
Great

What about all the sqrewed up, directors,actors and the all the quasi intellectual druggie artistic anti's in Hippywood?

I hope someone gets enough evidence and slams Moore in court. I hope he has to withdraw all his silly films and books

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of gdupuis
posted Hide Post
Re BFaucett:
Good post, and being only 25 I still am making my opinion of a broad array of subjects. One thing that you have reinforced is the notion that Texans are gents, with true manners and all.

Re JohnCharlieNoak:
Quote:

I don't like the fat f**k and don't give a rip what his ideas are. This is mainly because I'm shallow and devoid of the ability to think critically.

Thanks for your honesty, but we all got that from the first post.

Quote:

All fights are personal. If you don't think they are, then you will lose.

I don't agree with that. That's usually the last resort for weak politicians that just simply cannot defend their ideas. Are you into politics?

Posts: 91 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post

This thread is rapidly becoming akin to the aweful AR politics forum.

PS Russell - thanks.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Froggy le sock puppet,
Go do a tour in the military (since Canada doesn't have much of one these days you might have to come down here for that), get married, raise a family, go hunting a lot, go fishing some, make enough money to pay a big chunk of it in taxes to support all the Quebecois no-loads, and in 20 years or so we will be interested in what your views on life are. Gray hairs only trust other gray hairs. Young people can be brilliant musicians, mathematicians, or physical scientists. By definition young people don't have enough life experience to know anything of use about politics, writing, or the social sciences (there's an oxymoron, eh?). One of my instructor pilots in fighter lead in training told me something brilliant once (that in and of itself was amazing because he was an aggie): "I've never been impressed by anything any college student had to say, not even when I was one."

The bottom line with Mr. Moore is that his films are presented as documentaries even though the people on screen have rehearsed their lines. Nothing else matters after that is known. If you agree with his politics of hate, fine. If you believe his films are real you are a young dupe.

Johann,
We will send all of the Hollywood types down to visit with NitroX for the weekend. He will instruct them in the error of their ways I'm sure. Don't worry, he will make them pay for the shrimp and stubbies.

In closing I wish to say thank you all for not posting any pictures of Mr. Moore. I am now going to look at the pictures of Natasha Illum Berg yet again (after I put froggy on ignore).

JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think we are arguing about different things here!
The man is entitled to an opinion, and if he made a documentary with maybe a couple factual errors he could be forgiven. But come on, for the such an advanced generation, people are just as open to brainwashing as in the 16th century! It is possible to find fault with any one of the facts mentioned in his so-called documentaries. If he truly believed the US to be so dangerous and terrible, he should move elsewhere and save himself! He pretends that the guns are a new phenomenon that haven't existed in America, not that it is a country that has ALWAYS had a 'gun culture' (as if it takes a special kind to prefer not to be a sitting duck).
I really wouldn't waste too long on Moore, as it has been mentioned, he will explode into an oil slick sooner rather than later!

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didnt intend for this thread to get like this. Sorry for poluting this forum, If I knew it was going to be like this I would have posted it else where. Again please accept my sincere apologizes.

Perhaps it should be moved to the recycle bin A.K.A The Political forum.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Hey Eric it started off well but later a poster joined in just trying to start arguments for an argument's sake whcih seems the norm of the "political" forum. However they get their kicks I guess.

PM sent.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Eric,
No worries mate. I should have caught it sooner, but it took me two posts to figure out that gdupuis had the same writing style and cadence as Mr Clown/poseur,etc. I fell for it, but thank God for the ignore button. I will say this for Mr. Mooore: There is a lot of gravity to his work.
As penance I'm taking the Rigby when my girlfriend and I go rock-chuck and ground squirrel hunting up in the Owyhees this weekend. What do you think, 5 Hail Mary look at those rock-chucks splatter and 10 Our Father thank you for giving us gunpowder 98 grains at a time? After the headache subsides I will get out the CZ 22Mag.
Regards,
JCN

one of us
Picture of gdupuis
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Hey Eric it started off well but later a poster joined in just trying to start arguments for an argument's sake whcih seems the norm of the "political" forum.

NitroX, I can only assume that the 'poster' you are referring to is me, being the only one that dared ask a question, against the current. Read my post closely please, and notice that I asked a question "Why all the hate towards MM's documentaries?" (the text tht followed my question was to compare what I perceived in the movie and what I have experienced in real life). BFaucett explained his point of view, which I had not clearly seen at first in the movie (the political agenda of the 'new left'), and thanked him for his enlightment (that's what I was looking for).

I have asked a question therefore I am against 'you guys'? That was not my intention... and I will not excuse myself for asking questions. It's not the first time I read anti-MM articles on this site, and just wanted to clarify why most (...all) hunters and Canadian/American gun owners dislike (...hate) him. After reading the links suggested to me, I can only better appreciate your point of views.

The personnal attacks did not do the job, the constructive comments did. As for not responding after the latest round of attacks, it just wasn't worth it... was there any dialog going on? NO: I ask a question, therefore I am a faggy-castrated-canadian-french-frolicker? Come on, I was sure that at least 1 proud American would have come up and said something like 'Hey Bubba, give the kid a break and go serve your goats'.

All right, that being said, let the flaming begin!

Posts: 91 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gdupuis,

Thanks for the kind remarks. I appreciate that. I sometimes wonder what has happened to civil discourse. When I was growing up (I'm 49 now), I was taught to respect other people's opinions, and their right to express them, even if I didn't agree with them. Political debate was done in a tone of civil discourse and respect. We seem to have lost that to a large extent in today's world. I guess it's gone out of fashion. It's a pity.

Sincerely,
-Bob F.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/article.asp?AID=25872

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gdupuis and BFaucet,

You are correct when you say that peoples opinions ought to be heard, and given consideration, most of the time, but sometimes you just have to tell it like it is no two ways about it. MM hates guns and hates gun owners, like Rosie Odonell(sorry to bring her into it, but shes another one Canada can take, heck we'd probably pay Canada to take her off our hands) there is no reasoning with them, no amount of facts will change their minds. So, no most of us can't stand MM, or want to hear anymore about his views, or see his movies.

Let me put it another way, does anyone need to hear or want to hear another word from Osama to make up their minds that he is a piece of dirt.

I hope my light hearted teasing of Canada didn't bother you too badly, like I say just in jest.

PS: Sorry Nitrox I know this political talk is driving you nuts.

Posts: 626 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tech,

I agree with what you say. I was really refering to gdupuis' posts on here and some of the replies that he had received. gdupuis was the target of some rather rude comments in some previous posts on this thread. I'm fully aware of MM's stance on guns and other things. I personally don't have much use for MM, to put it politely.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote