New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boddington and Safari Classics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Saw this on Boddingtons Facebook page...

"Dear friends—

It is with sincere regret that I inform you I will not be involved with Safari Classics Productions television series after December 31st 2011. After extensive negotiation, we were unable to reach an agreement for my continued involvement in these series. I wish them continued success with all their endeavors, and, I want to express my heartfelt thanks for your support."

Posts: 555 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Which shows are those, Tracks Across Africa?

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jorge:
Which shows are those, Tracks Across Africa?

I know Tracks is produced by them. This is disappointing.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big deal. Nobody cares!! Rather go hunting myself and not watch someone else hunt especially when they dont pay for it.

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, they do produce tracks and have done it well.

They may not NEED each other but their collaboration has resulted in a quality offering compared to what else is available. The best guess is that this all gets worked out and Craig is back. Without Craig (sometimes even with), the whole show resembles an infomercial. The show this morning had many commercials and then lots of camera footage of the back of the shirts with more than one sponsor's name on them. Come on guys, give us a little footage of the Africa we so miss and enjoy, without a sponsor's name etched on the lens.

Posts: 414 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good for Craig!

He is probably as sick of hunting the zambezi valley as I am of watching him hunt it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear AR Family
It is true that my company and partners at Safari Classics Productions and Craig have mutually decided to go in different directions as far as the production of Safari Classics outdoor TV series are concerned. Safari Classics will not, however, be making any changes on either programming or network partnerships due to this change. To the contrary, Safari Classics camera and production crews will continue to crisscross Africa in search of the very best dangerous game destinations while delivering 26 new episodes of TRACKS ACROSS AFRICA, and 13 new episodes of HORNADY'S AFRICA as you have come to expect. We are very excited to announce that well known Professional Hunter and television personality Ivan Carter will be serving as our host in both of our African based productions. Ivan will bring his tireless work ethic, hunting talents, enthusiasm, and unique 'on air personality' to our lineup ,and we look forward to building on his already established acceptance with our large and dedicated audience. Our entire staff at Safari Classics wish Craig and his family the very best in the future , even as we renew our commitment to producing the very best in safari hunting TV. These are exciting times for us and we deeply appreciate our AR family's support. Great TV is ahead boys !!

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well for one i sure hope craigs health has nothing to do with it

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Both disappointing and exciting at the same time since I hold both individuals in the highest regard.

Of course I still have to wait for the episodes to be available on DVD since Comcast in my area doesnt have them Mad

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
With Ivan stepping in and taking Craig's place it might actually be a good thing!

We'll still get to see the fine productions from Safari Classics, and I'd bet a dollar to a dime Craig will come up with another great hunting show. So, in the end, we'll likely have additional hunting shows to watch!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul C:
Big deal. Nobody cares!! not watch someone else hunt especially when they dont pay for it.

That is NOT a true statement.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Big deal. Nobody cares!! not watch someone else hunt especially when they dont pay for it.

I agree 100% with Jorge. I have learned a great deal from watching and listening to Craig, Dave, Tim, and Ivan. I told Craig at the SCI convention that I owed my successful hunts in Zimbabwe to him and I meant it. I think Craig's and Ivan's vast experience and Dave's and Tim's skills at presenting that expertise was priceless.

Best of luck to all.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Dave, If Ivan needs a backup, I will be glad to go with him! Big Grin

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And if matt gets tired I'll back stop him!

In all seriousness, "Tracks" IS the one hunting show I watch. Do I wish it had less advertising? Yes. But it's gotta make money or it won't be there. This ain't PBS.

Keep up the good work Dave and Ivan.

And we'll see what Craig comes up with, I bet we will see more of him. I think he's a great and classy guy.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
All things change and/or evolve. The Safari Classic crew broke new ground in bringing African hunting opportunities and adventures to television and I have enjoyed every episode they produced and aired.

To Tim, Dave and Ivan, I look forward to future adventures and episodes as well! Good luck gentlemen.

To Craig, all the best in your endeavors! And I hope a new televison program is in the offing that displays your range of hunting experiences.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge let me backtrack a bit. I meant to say I DON'T CARE instead of nobody cares.

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jorge let me backtrack a bit. I meant to say I DON'T CARE instead of nobody cares.

Fair enough.

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
quote:

good change, because even my 4 year old daughter knows "dallas safari club tracks across africa" it's damned cute to hear her say it. she also knows Jim shockey by his logo/music. Big Grin

she can name almost all the animals we see, cape buffalo, kudu, etc...

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
I hope that the change doesn't harm the relationship between the former host and the new one, as they are both great individuals.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to apologize here folks. I have no problem with Mr. Boddington or anyone else on the different hunting TV programs as I too found them to be very entertaining in the beginning. It just gets to where I feel like I am watching someone elses film of a family vacation. I am truly envious of anyone who can put in as much time as Boddington does in our favorite hobby of Hunting. I meant no disrespect to him or anyone else. It is just the older I get the less these shows do for me. Rather go out and do it myself. Good Hunting to all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

X2. I loved watching Craig Boddington

Hunting is not a matter of life or death....It's much more important

Posts: 338 | Location: Abbotsford BC | Registered: 20 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I, too, love Craig and Ivan. Hopefully both will carry on in the same tradition with a new sponsor for Craig we could have "dueling DG shows".

724wd, you have taught your daughter well! Keep up the good work.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whenever I had a question regarding Africa both Craig and Ivan were willing to take the time to answer. This was true both in person and on the internet. I love to hunt Africa and have done so numerous times but it would ruin it to do it for a living. My best to both men in their future plans.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
I need to apologize here folks. I have no problem with Mr. Boddington or anyone else on the different hunting TV programs as I too found them to be very entertaining in the beginning. It just gets to where I feel like I am watching someone elses film of a family vacation. I am truly envious of anyone who can put in as much time as Boddington does in our favorite hobby of Hunting. I meant no disrespect to him or anyone else. It is just the older I get the less these shows do for me. Rather go out and do it myself. Good Hunting to all.

I hear you.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When Tracks first came out it was fresh and interesting. And now not so much. The last couple of episodes were starting to remind me of the bubba whitetail shows.

Hornandy sends a fat guy to Africa to shoot his first buffalo..WOW

Ruger guy shoots another buffalo with a .375 Ruger. Hang on to your SEATS!

Geriatric couple hunts with Ivan both blow their shots and Ivan kills their elephants for them. OH MY GOD THE EXCITEMENT is KILLING ME!!

Tracks is without a doubt the best filmed, formatted and produced hunting show going but..

After watching those over the top episodes my DVR no longer has Tracks on record. Hopefully the new season will bring some fresh material and ideas with Ivan as the host.I'd hate to see it fold.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'd watch Ganyana walk with his lions and his 9,3X62 to the day I die ...

(sorry Rich Cool )

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Greg
Have to admit that even another buff hunt is better than the more standard Africa show with the bow, blind, and cement waterhole... But I do hear your point. Let me say this , Ivan and our crews are excited, re-energized, and set to take both of our Africa shows to a level not seen before on our shows. I have been, am , and will always be proud of our combined efforts up to this point, but with Ivan's knowledge, enthusiasm, and on camera skill we are ready to take it to a new level. I want tracks back on your DVR starting JAN !!! I think our guys like you will like the change.
Thanks
Dave

Dave Fulson

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Thanks for taking that as constructive criticism. That's what it was. I look forward to the new season and am willing to place my DVR to strike for your show one again I trust your ability to make this thing rock again.

Don't let me down bro... Smiler

One of Us
Picture of cable68
posted Hide Post
I am hopeful that Boddington will end up with another production company and will lead to even more quality African hunting shows.Kind of like when someone leaves a band and suddenly there are 2 good bands after the split.

Caleb

Posts: 1010 | Location: Texan in Muskogee, OK now moved to Wichita, KS | Registered: 28 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
We love the shows. They are the only hunting shows we find enjoyable. My wife and I have the DVR set to record them all. I am glad to see the show will maintain the same high quality and I wish the COL the best.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Curious if the non major networks monitor ratings; % market share? Dave, are you constantly having to sell the network on the value of your program?
If so, are there pressures to change format to gain viewer market share.
I know this game is played with majors.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking for the past year that it might be time for TAA to change the format of the show. It was getting a little redundant. Hope Craig and Ivan are both happy with the change. They are a couple of the good guys.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sherrill Philip Neese
posted Hide Post
Well... since you all are changing things... Smiler

How about, instead of "The Best of Tracks Across Africa Season...", just put every show on DVD and sell it that way? "Tracks Across Africa Season One" "Tracks Across Africa Season Two" You could charge $10 more for the DVD collection, save on editing fees and the brain power required to figure out the "best segments" and we would get to see each episode in its entirety. The "Bests of" are good, but there is so much more to see. Just a thought.

DSC, DU, MBS, NRA, QDMA, RGS, RMEF, SCI

"Sherrill. Why do you belong to so many organizations?"
"Well... I have this thing for banquets."

Posts: 115 | Location: Millersville, MD | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That has been discussed before and may indeed have merit. We are blessed that so many guys have showed interest in owning individual shows, and even seasons as you suggested. Remember though that we are in season seven on Tracks ( 182 NEW shows) and in season 4 with Hornady's Africa(52 new episodes ) that is a lot of tape any way you cut it if you sold the entire set. But it could be done. Interesting thought and thanks for your input !
PS Just got off SKYPE with Ivan who is in the Zambezi Valley on two tuskless hunts. Two Zambezi Lady's put down today and both very exciting says Ivan. And when Ivan says exciting...well you know what that means. He said the footage is wonderful ! I am off to the SAAM Safari course to warm up a new Ruger for a Australian Buff hunt in August. A lot of fun with Tim Fallon for sure !

Dave Fulson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave have fun at FTW ranch tell Tim I said hello and I'm looking forward to see you guys soon

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One thing I enjoy about TAA is that the same guy does not do all the shooting. Craig was a good host, but I most enjoyed watching a couple of ordinary guys get out and hunt, even if those two ordinary guys were often industry members.

I think the reason TAA is/was great is due to the production crew, guys who get little aclaim.

I think it would be interesting to solicit hunters as part of the show; maybe give them a slight discount (might not even have to do that). That way there is no wondering if the show is a collusion between producer and outfitter, and would really help market a hunt. It would also mean we see a greater variety of hunting (but perhaps the logisitics of moving from camp to camp it a bit much).

Also, since the hunter is paying for it, who cares if the hunt doesn't go exactly as planned? That is hunting. I don't need to see a 35 inch buffalo shot for the umpteenth time - i would rather see some stalks, a hunter's interview at the end of an "unsuccessful" hunt, etc.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
hello people ,
i type from the bush where we have just taken two elephants , this season i have been hunting a bunch in botswana, now in zim, and heading on to 4 large hunts in tanzania, all with our boys behind me with their cameras and great people to hunt with, we have some awesome hunts in the can and with luck a few more to come - so next TV season should be excellent - thanks for watching the shows !!

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Fulson:
That has been discussed before and may indeed have merit. We are blessed that so many guys have showed interest in owning individual shows, and even seasons as you suggested. Remember though that we are in season seven on Tracks ( 182 NEW shows) and in season 4 with Hornady's Africa(52 new episodes ) that is a lot of tape any way you cut it if you sold the entire set. But it could be done. Interesting thought and thanks for your input !
PS Just got off SKYPE with Ivan who is in the Zambezi Valley on two tuskless hunts. Two Zambezi Lady's put down today and both very exciting says Ivan. And when Ivan says exciting...well you know what that means. He said the footage is wonderful ! I am off to the SAAM Safari course to warm up a new Ruger for a Australian Buff hunt in August. A lot of fun with Tim Fallon for sure !

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread with interest, but all the protagonists and the shows (with the exception of mr Boddington) are complete news to me...(and I suspect a number of other non-American forum members). In Europe, these shows are not shown in satellite or terrestrial TV (if they do, I've never seen them advertised or mentioned by anyone else) and the DVDs are not for sale...
Would it not be useful, from a marketing point of view, to make the shows and DVDs available in markets outside America??? I am sure I am not alone in saying that I would purchase them. I know most of what Boddington has written, yet I have never seen him speak or move...Maybe something to think about, particularly in these difficult times when everyone is looking for more or new business...

best wishes,

Finman

better have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it....

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Finman, I have many of these shows including Shockey etc. Order on internet and you will have them within a week. Easy peasy japanesey

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cheers for that mr Dahlgren. Do you happen to have a trustworthy link?

best wishes,

Finman

better have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it....