Boddington and Safari Classics
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is always sad to see a good "marriage" end in divorce. At least this one seems amicable.

MY thought: here is a chance for Craig to take over the SCI version and build it.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you sir, most kind,

best wishes,

Finman

better have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Business is business in this industry. I admire and watch Craig on TV. He has taught me a lot.

At the end of the day, I usually follow the money to see the core issue. I hope that is not the case here as the Chifuti/Boddington/Safari Classics partnership has been a great run.

Ivan is fun and entertaining. He should make for a good TV personality.

I hope Craig has some plans soon to be announced.

Posts: 10378 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will miss Craig, but I do like the TAA shows better than most any hunting show on TV. Those two dorks who chase around South Africa shooting PG at water holes are boring to a fault and all the rest are high-rollers shooting feeder-trained deer out of tree stands.

One question: As someone mentioned earlier--where do they get all those fat guys? One criterion for getting on TAA is to have a Body Mass Index the far side of 40. One guy in ten weighs less than a VW beetle. Maybe it is just the fat cats(literally)that Chifuti attracts. I met two on them on the way in last year and they were both porkers. That may be prejudice speaking as I am a CM kind of guy.

As to adverts, at least TAA peddles different stuff. "Under Wild Skies" runs the same sorry-ass ads for the NRA week after week. How many times can you watch Wayne LaP. repeat the same thing? As much money as they collect from us, they ought to be able to produce some better stuff.

I would rather watch stuff along the Zambezi than in Botswana where I can never afford to hunt. Ivan Carter will do great.

RG

Dick Gunn

“You must always stop and roll in the good stuff;
it may not smell this way tomorrow.”

Lucy, a long deceased Basset Hound

"

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Mack,

I'm a CM kind of guy as well but I really do like the TAA shows. It's the one hunting show that I actually try to catch each week as opposed to just watching whatever might happen to be on.

Best of luck to Craig, Ivan, Tim, and Dave. Shaking things up after awhile usually results in renewed energy. And like several here have mentioned, maybe we will get a new show or two for those times in between our own Safaris.